September 19, 2014 | 1661 users online

Skincare - Face - Philosophy - When Hope Is Not Enough - Serum

rated 1 of 5 on 5/28/2011 10:43:00 AM More reviews by amc561

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was excited to get this product and really wanted to like it. I have combination medium/olive toned skin with old acne post inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks that I wanted to fade.The first week I noticed some breakout and thought it was just purging or my skin getting used to it. I kept using it and kept breaking out, a month later and a few new acne marks left over on my skin and I was done. Will not buy again. Wish I stopped after that first week.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/10/2011 4:41:00 PM More reviews by wanshan

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I've already on my 3rd bottle and has been a staple since for some reason this serum consistency takes well with my skin. I have added the Vitamin C Booster powder and have noticed my cheeks appear better.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/25/2011 12:07:00 PM More reviews by gemstoneruby

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This came as part of the makeup optional kit. It made my skin red and itchy, have to return the kit as the other products are burning my face.
Horrible product. I purchased the kit for dry sensitive skin-biggest scam

rated 1 of 5 on 3/12/2011 5:00:00 PM More reviews by stacey0125

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I got this serum as part of the Philosophy "Make-up Optional Set" The only thing in that entire set that I like was the Purity face wash and the Hope in a Jar moisturizer was pretty nice as well. Everything else was so-so, but this was the one thing that was a huge disappointment. You would think with the $40+ price tag that you would at least see minimal results, but nothing. I could barely stand the smell. I'm not the type of person that is sensitive to smells either, but this was so bad that I literally had to plug my nose every day when I put it on, a few times I thought I was going to start dry heaving it was that bad. I ended up using it for about 5 weeks and got so sick of it doing absolutley NOTHING-that I ended up throwing it in the garbage where it belongs. Will NOT be repurchasing this disappointing product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 3/12/2011 4:34:00 PM More reviews by bdawn

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Okay well I just bought another bottle of this and I'm not sure why....actually there was a reason. I wanted to try the turbo c powder and I needed something to mix it with. I didn't want to spend forever in the store so I just grabbed a this serum. The thing is...I used a whole bottle of this last year and I honestly don't think it does anything. A couple of times I thought I saw a little firming action, maybe a tiny bit, but then again maybe I was just hoping to see that. Overall I would say that if it does do anything it's minimal and hardly worth noticing. I'm hoping to get better results by mixing it with the turbo c powder and I will post an update then.

I also agree that most anti-aging products are developed for maturing skin and very young women aren't likely to see any results. I always get a giggle when I see a young twenty something writing a reveiw on some heavy duty antiaging cream and saying "it's not working!!" Haha..I always think 'working on what?' When your're twenty you just don't have aging skin problems. You might think you do...but trust me...you don't.

**UPDATE** Okay I had to come back and give this product another lippie. Earlier I said this product did nothing and I only bought a second bottle so that I would have something to mix my Vit C powder with. Well I have a bad habit of wanting instant results and If I don't get them I will give up. So with my first bottle of this product I wore it everyday for about a week, saw no improvement so I quit using it daily. Would only put it on when I would remember which was about once a week, twice a week max.
When I got the Turbo C powder I was dedicated to using it everyday which meant I also used the whine everyday. Wow! I have used it daily for just a little over a month and it does work! I am amazed at this because I really never expected a firming product of any kind to deliver results but my skin definitely looks and feels firmer. It's not hugely remarkable, hasn't taken 20 years off my face or anything like that, but it's enough of a difference to make me feel better about myself. I don't ever want to run out of this stuff, I'm going to buy another bottle as soon as I get paid eventhough I don't need to yet.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/5/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by gigglesbugg

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

It's pricy but Nordstrom has a 4oz bottle for 90 bucks, much cheaper than purchasing the regular 1oz ones. I love the way it feels on my skin. Not greasy, easily absorbed and leaves me feeling fresh. The smell doesn't bother me that much. I'd rather have this than heavy perfumes. I don't know if it prevents wrinkles but I'm 29 and not a line. It definitely does make my skin firmer. I will continue to use this with my Mario Badescu vitamin C serum... at least until something better comes along.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2011 2:10:00 AM More reviews by putu

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Black

I was trapped into philosophy hype,unsuccessful with their HIAJ, i tried this serum,thankfully i got it from swap, the result is my face is thighten,my pore is shrinken (fyi i have oily-acne prone skin with large pore) i use the last drop from the bottle,this serum officially replace my clinique turnaround clinique that i've been use for 5 years, will definitely repurchase it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2011 7:20:00 PM More reviews by sushiomelette

This winter has been particularly harsh on my skin to the point where my eczema on my forehead has flared up and I get dry patches around my nose and mouth area. It looks really terrible. As soon as I tried this in conjunction with the Hope in a Jar for dry sensitive skin (because that's what I have) I immediately saw an improvement in my skin. The red patch has calmed down (but not gone away completely), the area around my mouth doesn't feel totally moisturized, but it's only the first day that I've used it. I thought that just by drinking more water my skin would be more hydrated, but that doesn't seem to be the case. This stuff has really helped when used with HIAJ. I'll update when I've used it more. I can't tell yet if it'll cause me to breakout.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/23/2011 11:46:00 PM More reviews by naleiarenee

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I faithfully used this serum 5 nites per week for close to a year and actually developed my first fine lines !!! Just junk in a bottle that does NOTHING.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/20/2011 8:41:00 PM More reviews by KareyKat

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Smells like baby vomit, expensive, and I didn't see any improvement in my skin. However, I did use the entire bottle because I couldn't bear to throw/give away.