Revlon Super Lustrous Creme - Pink in the Afternoon

4.2

on 12/29/2013 4:06:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Lipsticks are my favorite makeup products and I always look forward for trying new ones.
This pink lipstick suits most of skin tones, the formula is not drying and it applies very nicely. However, The Pink In The Afternoon lipstick doesn't stay long on my lips (comparing to MAC and YSL). One thing that I absolutely hate about this product is that it smells like chemicals so badly.
Overall it's a good lipstick for its price, but if you aren't on a budget, than go for Mac ones.

on 10/2/2013 11:00:00 PM

As a lipstick "snob", I was hesitant to try a drugstore lipstick. However, recently my Chanel, MAC, and NARS lipsticks have been leaving my lips (and bank account) parched. During a sale I snagged this out of curiosity. The Super Lustrous formula is everything I wanted MAC cremesheen to be. For less than half the price though, I got a far superior lipstick. Pink in the Afternoon is a peachy pink Aubrey Hepburn-esque shade that feels creamy and light on the lips, yet delivers strong pigmentation. It left my normally dry lips feeling comfortable during the day. Money well spent.

on 9/20/2013 3:55:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

This is a great lipstick! No, really, the colour is amazing, MLBB & work with anything, it's creamy, it doesn't dry my lips out, it's very affordable... the only perk is that it doesn't last on me particularly long. Even though, for the feeling and the shade of it, I'd be happy to reapply the lipstick ever so often.

on 9/11/2013 4:32:00 PM

Meh. I really believe a lipstick should make one's complexion look a little brighter. This is okay, but the shade doesn't do much for my complexion. I don't look any better or worse with this on than I do without any lipstick at all. But frankly, that's not good enough.

The formula is great, though. Creamy but comfortable at the same time, and not drying.

on 8/9/2013 1:46:00 AM

I bought it for 4$ or 5$ at Jean Coutu :) (Quebec)
Pros
-Great color and pigmentation : looks flattering and natural on my pigmented lips
-The lipstick itself looks expensive and elegant :B
-Makes lips look moisturized

Cons
-.....

My lovie ruined it when he closed it for me... :( The lipstick was not completely inside the tube... Babe if you are reading this, fu :) <3

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I heard all the raves for this color and picked it up. Alas, I found it a disappointment. The texture of the l/s is dryer than most of the Revlon SL line and doesn't apply smoothly. The color is very "ladies who lunch" on me...a pretty cool-toned peachy pink that I would wear more often if the texture was better. I wonder of any dupes...At any rate, I wouldn't purchase again.

on 7/21/2013 12:07:00 PM

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Brunette, Relaxed, Other

Great everyday pink for darker complexion ladies! I feel like anybody can pull this pink off which is a plus because I usually cant pull off pinks...this one is an exception!

Beautiful medium pink with some peachy hue. Very creamy and goes smooth on the lips. Quite neutral on the lips. I think it looks best when a small amount is applied. Otherwise it can slide off a bit. Looks good on its own or topped with a gloss.

My favorite lipstick shade. Beautiful color. I have Chanel, YSL, but this one is The Best Ever.

on 7/11/2013 7:50:00 PM

This lipstick is a very pretty pinky coral. It looks more of one than the other sometimes. I got it because I heard it is the same shade Audrey Hepburn wore in "Breakfast at Tiffanies." It is one of my favorite lipsticks and I wear it all the time. For me it's just a little brighter and darker than MLBB. I loved it so much I wore it to my senior prom. The formula is very nice and creamy but isn't the longest lasting.

Popular Lipsticks