October 25, 2014 | 1660 users online

Gels/Soaps - Ivory Soap

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/19/2012 3:36:00 AM More reviews by Shadow_Witch

Age: 44-55 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Tonight I went back to Ivory after years of fancy imported soaps and body washes. After a vigorous workout on this hot desert night, the sweat, lotion, antiperspirant, and remnants of today's perfume left me feeling absolutely grimy. I was craving a something pure and simple so, I unwrapped an Ivory bar I had in my bathroom closet and headed into the shower. I have dry, sensitive skin and spend a lot of money on moisturizing soaps and lotions, etc. I even used it on my face. Now I am out of the shower and I am asking myself why don't I use Ivory anymore? My skin feels supple, soothed, and smells clean. I mean completely absent of any odor. Better than any deodorant soap I've ever used. Another thing, I didn't need lotion. That's it, I'm going back to Ivory.

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 8/18/2012 5:23:00 AM More reviews by Superia84

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

I will buy and use this product as long as my skin is oily. I've suffered from acne for almost 15 years now (yay, me!. This is the only cleanser that doesn't break me out. I use in conjunction with the noxzema blemish scrub (cant recall its name right now) and the Walmart version of proactiv's repairing lotion. It's been almost a year since I've had more than just a random [small] pimple here and there. Didn't even know that was possible. Super cheap, effective, basic (which means no active ingredients to interfere with treatments or for one's skin to acclimate to). Love, love, love is all I have for this soap!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/2/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by theurbanhippie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I've been using this for me and my family for about six months, having bought it when we ran out of my HG soap, L'Occitane Milk Soap. The smell is ... waxy, I guess. I never liked the smell when I was growing up but I tell you it gets the job done, cheap, the smell doesn't linger and my skin hasn't broken out or felt overly taut. At 99 cents for 3 bars I might not go back to L'Occitaine for awhile. If you want to feel glamourous, pampered, rich, successful or something else, you won't get it using this soap. What you will get is clean withough allergens or irritants.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/31/2012 5:26:00 AM More reviews by mzlovely

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Ivory, you are that good guy that more often times than not are taken for granted. You do not hurt my sensitive skin, you treat my skin right, clear it up and yet somehow I wander away from you and go back to the bad scented acne breakout prone soaps all the time. Sigh.

My shoulders are extremely acne-prone and sensitive to any scented body washes. So I don't wanna give any company a bad name, because really it's just my skin. It doesn't like scented body washes.

Anyway I stopped using my last body wash (with a lot of fussing and fighting) because my shoulders we're just breaking out like crazy! I was getting HUGE zits... Ugh I hated it hated it... So I came back to this and less than a week later my shoulders are clearing up very well. This is a soap I can always count on to keep my skin clear! Thats more beautiful than smelling nice... =]

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by brezin

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

My sister and I love this soap. Like the person below me, it smells like soap should. Nice and clean smell. I love how it leaves me 'squeaky clean'. The only thing I hate about this is the packaging. It always seems like pieces of the wrapper get clung on to the soap. I can never get it all off. UGH. Anyway this is a great clean soap and smells wondeful.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/20/2012 10:56:00 PM More reviews by LaPetiteOphelie

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

Worst smelling soap? No, it actually smells like s-o-a-p is supposed to. If you want pretty smells, then get a body wash. This soap is perfect for normal, unaffected, I-want-to-just-get-it-clean-and-know-it's-clean-skin. I don't think there's anything wrong with it. I bought it when we had babies and we didn't want anything harsh on their skin - just pure soap - and Ivory fit the bill. It's served millions of people well for years, it's tried and true and it works. I've used it for twenty years and I love it. I always moisturize after my shower in the winter, so I'm fine. It always leaves me feeling squeaky clean. I don't feel like being a guinea pig trying to find which cleanser doesn't break me out or cause problems. This works. I can use it on my sensitive skin face, and it works a zillion times better on me than any facial cleansers I have used in the last three months. My face has a rash from trying to get away from using soap and trying facial cleansers, so what's the point? I think I'll stick with tried and true. You can keep the expensive facial cleansers for the guinea pigs!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2012 9:53:00 PM More reviews by versepie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I love this soap.
I use it to wash my body and face.
I shower one to two times per day, using this soap with a sponge.
On my face I use my Clarisonic.
This soap is cleansing without stripping my skin.
I have normal to oily skin, so I do not find it drying or irritating.

If you have low-maintenance skin, use this soap!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/22/2012 6:47:00 PM More reviews by VAmom

This is gonna sound crazy, but this is good for removing stains (organic ones esp.) from clothes.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/22/2012 6:43:00 PM More reviews by dawnfire90

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I used this as a hand wash to test it out before using on my body. It completely dried out and chapped my hands! If it can't even handle my hands it definitely wont go near my body.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/5/2012 12:09:00 PM More reviews by katlg7

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I had been using Aveeno liquid Oatmeal body wash, until I found a generic version at Family Dollar for about 1/4 th of the price of Aveeno. It was great for my sensitive and allergic skin, but it had no scent, came out of the bottle in strange little round balls, which then dropped to the shower floor quickly. Once you learned how to use it, it worked great, but with no scent it was rather boring. I spent the night at a friend's house and forgot my oatmeal soap, so I was forced to use the regular Ivory body wash, no scent. I was pleasantly surprised to find that it did not bother my skin at all, and I felt moisturized and clean. So I go to the store to buy my own bottle, and there is also Ivory with Lavender. I love all things lavender, but was afraid to buy it in case the scent bothered me. Well, I took a chance and bought it anyway, and I LOVE this stuff! My HG of bodywashes. Smells divine, cleans and moisturizes, and rinses clean. I can't guarantee it won't irritate anyone else's sensitive skin, but I think I must have the most sensitive skin EVER and it never bothers mine! PS Just with they made it in travel sizes. The bottle is huge so I buy the little refillable plastic travel bottles and fill those.