November 24, 2014 | 1327 users online

Powder - Estee Lauder - Double Matte Oil-Control Pressed Powder

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/18/2010 8:17:00 PM More reviews by PeachFuzzz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Hazel

My skin had a bad reaction to this and it oxidized. It felt heavy and cakey to me. My skin was even more oily.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/8/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I have sensitive, combination-to-oily, acne prone skin. I have tried many powders to help with oil control, and this is one of my all time favorites. I first purchased this in Translucent to use over my foundation. Later on, I ended up purchasing it in Light-Medium. The next shade down, Medium had a dark brown tint to it, which looked like it would have simply made me look like I was wearing a bad fake tan. Even though Light is a bit lighter than my actual skin tone, I still am able to get it to work for me.

I know that this powder is on the expensive side ($31), but it really is a great buy. It really helps to keeps my face matte for a long period of time. And, I really do appreciate such, because it isn't easy when you have oily skin and you live in a very humid climate as well.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2009 12:23:00 PM More reviews by fitmom2

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My most FAV powder on this entire earth.

I have VERY oily skin, and this is just godsend!

I havn't tried their new "Double Wear"..and I often wonder why they turned "double matte" into "double wear"..I wonder if the double wear powder isn't as oil-controlling as the double "matte" one.

And if so, that's a shame..because I can only find this on ebay..which I intend to keep buying...double matte is for all those who want to look airbrushed, and no shine whatsoever..;)

The BEST powder. ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 8/19/2009 9:08:00 PM More reviews by jhodi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my staples. It's my go-to press powder after spending a bunch of money trying to find the perfect one. This is very close.

I use this with or without foundation and it's what I use with a fluffy brush to complete my face. I also carry one in my handbag for evening touch-ups. The powder also manages to make Bare Minerals look half way decent on my face. And best of all IT DOES NOT BREAK ME OUT!!!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/21/2009 6:29:00 PM More reviews by jaden08

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I started using this after i got greedy and wanted to try it and im so glad i did. Oily girls please do yourself a favor and get this. It does a superb job mattifying and i do not find it to thick at all as i dont layer it, i blot first when i get oily then reapply. I got level 4, medium deep and the color is great. It will become a staple and looks great over my prescriptives foundations.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2009 7:47:00 AM More reviews by iamcasihart

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I won't buy this product again because this compact will last me FOREVER! I use a small amount of this pressed powder, just on my oily parts. I carry this compact in my purse and the size of this mirror is better than any other compact that I have owned. I also like the amount of product enclosed. I prefer loose powders and I have about five different ones, so I don't see myself running out of powder any time soon. I have combo skin and since moving to California, my skin has become less oily than it once was. For oily-skinned people, I would say that EL's Double Matte Oil Control Pressed Powder would be highly effective. I only use a small amount and I don't have to reapply the entire day! There is no scent. I am very fair, but I have this in Light-Medium, Intensity 2 and it blends nicely. I can't think of a single bad thing to say about this product. It performs as it should and it is fairly-priced for the quality and amount of product you are getting.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/29/2009 12:30:00 AM More reviews by mle79

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I used this for years acutally and just stopped a week ago. I wear their double matte foundation which i still love but the powder I've realized just wasnt doing it for me anymore. It didnt stay put over my foundation and made my make up look gross within hours of using it. I just switched to Benefits Get Even and works so much better with the double matte foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/10/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by redhalo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am not a fan of Estee Lauder products but this powder is a staple in my makeup trunk. I use it in Transparent. The trick is to PAT it onto your face over your foundation with a sponge. Do NOT rub and do not use a powder brush. Of course, nothing will leave you shine-free all day and I have given up on that dream however this does give a few hours of flawless skin before needing a minor touch-up. Worth the price and doesn't break me out.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/29/2008 3:20:00 PM More reviews by AlwysNSrch

I really wanted to like this product as I liked to the way it looked. However, after a few hours it upset my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2008 5:30:00 PM More reviews by prettycitygirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I don't think I'd survive without my double matte powder! I've been using this stuff for years and I LOVE IT!

It's not for dry skin, that's for sure, but it does wonders for my oily/combo skin. I put it on in the morning and it lasts all day, even through my workouts. All I do after my workout is pat with oil absorbing sheets and I'm good to go!

Hands down, one of the best products I have ever used! LOVE IT!