October 31, 2014 | 857 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Curel - Ultra Healing Daily Moisture Therapy Lotion

rated 5 of 5 on 9/26/2011 2:59:00 AM More reviews by sillygirl03

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's kind of extreme to say, but my life practically revolves around this stuff. I have eczema, and extremely dry and sensitive skin. I have been this way all of my life, if I don't moisturize every single day after every time I get wet I will be in so much pain that I just won't want to move. I have tried almost every lotion that is out there. Even if they work, they usually won't work for very long. The rest I'm allergic to. I have been using Curel Ultra Healing for about 5 years now, going through a bottle a week. I would be a mess without it. It dries pretty quickly, but the amount I have to put on does take a little bit. But it will work all day for me. I will need more the next morning, but that is the nature of my skin. The only thing I complain about is the price. In my area it goes for about 9 bucks a bottle. Going through 1 a week puts me at about 470 bucks a year on just lotion...luckily, it goes on sale every once in a while, so if you go through it like I do or need something as often as I do, buy as many bottles as you can when it goes on sale!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/5/2011 9:13:00 PM More reviews by SweetMoonbeams

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the first bottle I've ever purchased of this and I *really* like it. It has nice slip, isn't too thick and absorbs easily without feeling greasy. It has a very light orange-y scent but it fades almost Immediately and doesn't clash with perfume. It moisturizes my very skin wonderfully. Without proper moisture, my skin feels rough and bumpy. After 2 or 3 days of using this twice a day, my skin is very smooth. It works well on my elbows, knees, and feet after I exfoliate. I will definitely repurchase this. Great find at a decent price!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2011 5:23:00 PM More reviews by alovelyjessture

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

This lotion is really really great for use in the winter time. I use the regular unscented lotion for all other times of the month, but when it gets a little dryer outside this lotion is a must have. It's not greasy, it's got a great smell (not too strong, just a clean smell) and it really really does what it says it's going to do. It is truly therapy to dry skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/1/2011 12:11:00 PM More reviews by keanthony

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Pros
Light citrus scent that does go away in minutes
does not feel sticky
makes my skin smooth and keeps me moisturized until next shower time
great!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/13/2011 11:01:00 AM More reviews by hitomitojite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I wish I have discovered this product earlier. The skin on my legs is very dry, it looks almost like snake scale. I have tried so many products, oils and none of them really helped. After using this for a few days however, I have noticed a different!!!

Pros:
1. It works.
2. It has a very pleasant slight orangie scent to it, but it only lasts a few seconds.
3. It get absorbed very quickly and doesn't leave you skin greasy, unlike other moisturizers, and it feels like you don't have any thing on.

Cons:
The texture is not exactly a lotion, but more like a cream. And it can be kindda hard to spread sometimes.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/6/2011 4:35:00 PM More reviews by honeybelly

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've used this for years! I love it. I have eczema and extremely dry skin and this lotion is by far the best I've used. It moisturizes all day and doesn't leave any greasy residue. My skin just soaks this up. I also use this on my face daily. No clogged pores or breakouts. HG for life!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2011 6:23:00 PM More reviews by vortiz

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have had dry skin that no matter what I use, vitamins I take-no matter what-stays dry. I have recently been diagnosed with Lupus and my skin has been even drier with rashes, etc. I have tried so many types of products for my bath for afterwards-this has been a Godsend. It really does what it says, and although I would need to be consistent with it, it really does stay moisturized for 24 hours. The best product I have found-love it!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/16/2011 8:43:00 AM More reviews by krumrill

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Green

Up until recently, my skin was never overly dry. I could normally get away with using any kind of lotion that was on sale at the store. Lately, though, my skin has been so dehydrated that I've been developing eczema patches on my back, shoulders, arms, and hands. It had become bad enough that my hands would burn when I tried to apply lotion to sooth them. I had been using an Olay lotion, but that wasn't doing anything to help my dry skin. I remembered reading good reviews about Curel on MUA, so while at Walmart the other day, I picked up a bottle. It was only around $5, which wasn't bad compared to the $10+ I'd spend on Eucerin. Since I started using it, I've noticed a huge improvement in my skin. I had to use hydrocortizone (sp) cream to help heal the dry patches, but since then I haven't developed any more. My hands are no longer red and irritated, and my skin is now smooth, soft, and hydrated. This is definitely something I'll continue repurchasing. I did take off one lippie because of the strong citrus smell, but that's a small complaint for such a great product.

Edit: I bumped my rating down to a 3. Although this is a great product, I can't stand how greasy and sticky it feels! It takes a while to absorb, and in that time I feel like everything is sticking to me! I started using St. Ives again, and it works just as well, without that gross feeling afterwards.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/20/2011 11:31:00 PM More reviews by hawkeyemommy

While I generally prefer more natural products, and have tried many, nothing keeps my pre-school age son's eczema spots at bay like this does. During the colder months, I slather it on his torso, arms, upper legs, and face every night after his bath. If we skip a couple nights (or if he's been at grandma's and she skips it for a week *g* ) I add a thin layer of Aquaphor over the individual spots and see a marked improvement by morning.

With regular use, once a day, this stuff is magic.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2010 12:49:00 AM More reviews by MaeghanMakeupp

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Extremely moisturizing. A little thick when you first put it on. My hands couldn't live without this. I keep a bottle on my nightstand, in my car, in my bathroom...I love it ! :) If you have very dry skin and you're looking for your HG lotion, please give this a try, you won't be disappointed.