April 18, 2014 | 983 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 5 of 5 on 1/4/2014 3:17:00 PM More reviews by tmaries

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

To be honest, I'm not that picky about bronzers but I wanted to try this because of the raving. Previously I've been using Bahama Mama bronzer by theBalm, and it was a good, dark, matte bronzer that I really liked. I definitely changed my mind when trying this! It gave me a much nicer glow, but it's not shimmery. The color is good for most skin tones, even on fair people.

I apply it with RT blush brush, and it works amazing. Love this and will definitely buy it again!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 12:49:00 AM More reviews by bbybreanna

this bronzer gives an amazing glow and slight contour. it looks beautiful paired with orgasm blush. i apply with real techniques blush brush. it has subtle shimmer it, noticeable but not IN YOUR FACE.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/29/2013 8:21:00 PM More reviews by annajang

I am in love with NARS products and this really made me fall for it even more. A lot of reviewers say it's overrated and not pigmented at all. In my opinion, it is wonderful! Blendable, buildable. Has golden flecks that adds a touch of shimmer and the colour looks wonderful. I would say it's for lighter skin tones but it works for my medium olive skin. I would buy it again!

rated 3 of 5 on 12/14/2013 9:34:00 AM More reviews by syd99

I heard so many good things about this bronzer and was extremely excited to try it. I finally bought it along with the Orgasm blush, and realized it is very over rated. It is indeed a good bronzer but there are many dupes which are much less expensive and there are even some drugstore bronzers that are a lot better. It's not very pigmented so to be able to notice it on my skin I feel I have to layer it quite a few times and I end up using a lot more product than I would like to. If it was that great of a bronzer, I wouldn't mind paying that much for it, but the fact is that it's too expensive for the results it gives.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2013 3:53:00 PM More reviews by prettygirlmo

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is a great bronzer for pale skinned ladies. It's a matte bronzer with no orange tone, and a beautiful sheen. It's not as pigmented as I thought it would be, but that just means you can build it up. It's very natural, blendable, and wakes up your face. It's a lot of product, bigger than the blushes (which I love too). I love the packaging, It can get dirty, but if you dont have a lot of powder or glitter on your fingers, in your bag, or on your vanity, it will be fine.Totally recommend!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/13/2013 10:06:00 AM More reviews by mackenziebadham

I wanted, like everyone else, to try this iconic bronzed for the longest time. When I did, I had the worst result. I purchased the Laguna/Orgasm duo from Sephora one day and was so excited to finally see what the hype was about. After trying these products a few times I realized I was getting little bumps wherever they were applied. This was made extremely obvious because it was in the hollows of my cheeks, temples, jawline, and overall cheek area. I stopped using them to let my face clear up a little and tried again, thinking maybe it was something else. Well, it wasn't. A few years later I thought, "heck, why not try them out again and see if anything has changed!" (This has happened with other products) Nope, same reaction. Odd little bumps. I wish this product worked for me but it just didn't!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/25/2013 10:02:00 PM More reviews by Makeupbyamandam

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I am on my third compact of this and I can't get enough! Initially, I was a little nervous about it because I didn't notice under the lights in the store that there is a slight shimmer to this bronzer in the compact... Till I got it home. Then I nearly returned it! Since I think that bronzer should be something that provides a healthy, natural glow, it shouldn't have shimmer, because to me at least, it defeats the purpose. I was pleasantly surprised to find that upon application, that shimmer that nearly turned me off, didn't really transfer onto my skin. I also tend to apply bronzer rather sparingly, and I really like to apply it in a manner that gives a very subtle contouring to my face in the winter when I am especially pale. What I love about this is that you can apply it in that manner with out it really popping and giving that "fake tanned" look. It really does look healthy and natural but can be built in intensity if you prefer it. What I have always loved about Nars products is their staying powder. If you read a lot of my reviews then you probably know that I struggle to find products that have a real staying power with my oiler skin. But this DOES NOT MOVE! Once it's applied it stays where you put it, it doesn't change color throughout the day and looks sophisticated and put together. I like that the tones of this bronzer are not only natural, but complimentary to nearly any color blush that you may pair with it. I know its kind of expensive, but you get quite a bit of product in this packaging and it takes me a good 8-10 months before I have to think about replacing it soon. So I have plenty of time to prepare my pocket book for the new one! I also think that this is versatile in color tone so that people with a wider range of skin tones can wear this and it looks beautiful on anyone!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/23/2013 3:29:00 AM More reviews by Hanthornton1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I watch lots of make up tutorials in particular the Tanya burrs tutorials on YouTube in which she uses this bronzer quite a lot so I thought I would give it a try, and I am so glad I did! I am absolutely in love this bronzer. It is has a matte finish on your skin which is exactly what I wanted (I hate shimmery make up). The colour is perfect, and it goes on so well. I would recommend this bronzer to all I am so pleased with it I don't think I would use another bronzer now. The quality of it totally makes up for the cost as it is a little pricey

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2013 5:27:00 AM More reviews by graceybaby8

I was looking for a contour / bronzer powder and this wasnt it. It's too orange and shimmery... When I applied this, I looked like I rolled around clay; I ended up looking muddy. I prefer my bourjois delice de soleil or Chocolate Soleil Medium/Deep Matte Bronzer... Much better.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 11/18/2013 10:24:00 PM More reviews by blacksheep6293

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Kinky, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I'm still on the fence with this.
Effectively this is the perfect bronzing shade for me. I've gone through a multitude of difference bronzers- golden, shimmery, matte, taupey, cool, warm etc. So far Laguna is the only one for me that works as a great contour colour as well as a general all over bronzer.
It is generally matte, meaning that in the pan I can see inconsistent fine golden shimmer, but this doesn't translate to my face.

It has a slight grey undertone which goes well under my cheekbones to create a natural looking shadow.
My gripes with this bronzer are as follows:

* does. not.last...I apply this at around 7am and it is pretty much very faded by around lunch. I know that's a long time but office hours tend to be and I don't want to have to run back and forth to the bathroom reapplying. I have blushes that last all day so I don't see why a bronzer shouldn't.

* so expensive. In Australia one pan of this retails at $60-something for 8g of product

Unfortunately until I find something this colour that lasts a decent amount of time I will contingue to buy this.

* the packaging gets grimy very quicky. it's like a powder magnet. I've had my new one for maybe a week and it's already filthy.