July 24, 2014 | 2160 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a shimmery bronzer but it doesn't show up very shimmery on my face. I'm really not impressed with this. I have fair skin and I have to build this up to make it show up on my skin. I prefer Hoola from Benefit. I will probably not buy this again since I don't think it's that special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Laguna is a soft neutral brown shade, and contains subtle golden shimmer. This is my top choice as [to date] it's the only bronzer that works year-round with my very fair skin, and doesn't look orange or muddy on me - even in winter when I'm almost paper-white. Despite the shimmer in the formula this bronzer looks very natural and, if you use it before you set your makeup with powder, it also is fantastic for using as a contour powder.

The pigmentation is great, and the formula lasts all day on me. I have no complaints about this bronzer and will definitely rebuy it, even though the pan seems bottomless, as you don't need to use a lot of product to get a good colour payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

There's a reason why people love this and I think the only way to find out is to try it for yourself. It is very popular because it suits a lot of paler skin tones but that doesn't mean you have to be pale to enjoy Laguna. I'm NW25, so I'm more medium/olive. There is shimmer in this product, so you don't want to go overboard. I think darker skin tones have been recommended NARS Casino but I can only speak for things I know. Laguna doesn't show up as muddy or too orange because it's just right for me. I suspect it's because Laguna negates any pink/red in my skin and isn't too dark.

In Australia, the RRP is $55 (as of March 2014) in Mecca Cosmetica. Yes, it is pricy but I find that NARS offers products that you reach for frequently. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to experiment with many brands when it comes to face makeup. I like to stick with what I know works for me. I'm happy with Laguna and I'll probably stick to it. I generally would fork more money for a powder product because the mid-high range offers more fine powders that are unlikely to irritate my skin and break me out. I loved Deep Throat so I figured that I'd go ahead and get a bronzer and highlighter from NARS too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pale girls! Fair girls! Porcelaine girls! This is the best bronzer for us! With a nice brush (Kashuk blusher) & a light touch this bronzer is great for both all-over face colour and/or sculpting features! NARS is packaged nicely (its not loose powder / kinda rubber-y compact easy to grip) I'm the whitest white girl that ever whited...Laguna does not apply on me orange, nor oxidize on my face to turn me orange throughout the day/night. I'd pay double the $ for this product.

p.s - Sometimes I also apply Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer(has a bit of pink in it) on apples of cheeks to further sculpt/define w/Laguna as all-over colour

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by derilax

Well…when i first got it i thought the bronzer would be so shimmery, but i was wrong! when you applied it onto your face it makes your face looks healthier :) and i use it as a contour, sometimes…overall it is an amazing product for $40 in here!

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2014 7:21:00 AM More reviews by Gjones7

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

Very good bronzer. Not orangey in colour and not too shimmery. I tend to use this for the day time and as a contour. If I want to be really bronzed I will use something else with a bit more shimmer and colour pay off. Still this is a great product that I also use as an eyeshadow on my crease. it's pretty pricey, so I am always looking for something similar but cheaper.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/11/2014 3:14:00 AM More reviews by susansteel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Well I have gave this bronzer top marks. I love the colour its really natural looking and does not look cakey as like other matt bronzers can do. Its really matt and works great for contouring the face. I am just about to run out and will be re-purchasing. I have fair hair and normal skin, its the perfect shade for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/13/2014 1:13:00 AM More reviews by lllauraxoxox

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This bronzer is the perfect, natural brown shade I've found so far in all the bronzers I have used. Easy to apply and leaves a naturally warm look to the face. Has some shimmer when in the pan which does not show up on the face as glittery or glowy. Good for contour or bronzing.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 5:50:00 AM More reviews by willow1992

This is a really great bronzer and there really isn't much else to say. It literally stays on until I wash it off, all day! It's also fairly light so if you want to blend a small amount all over it works well.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/27/2014 4:51:00 AM More reviews by nickys79

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Blue

Being a die hard fan of Benefits Hula for many years, I finally took the leap and bought this one and I'm so glad I did, it's incredible and somehow has the ability to suit many skin tones (i'm very fair so it's hard to find a natural looking bronzer), I reach for this every day, gives great dimension to my face.