August 29, 2014 | 1860 users online

Bronzers - NARS - Laguna

rated 4 of 5 on 6/8/2014 5:01:00 PM More reviews by hendenm

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is the queen of all bronzers! Expensive some might say but worth every penny. Perfect for giving that perfect bronzed glow without being too over the top. I have fair skin with yellow undertones and this just works. Excellent for contouring as well. I use the Mac 109 brush to apply this bronzer and it doesn't pick up too much product. I've only given the packaging 3 lippies because even though the compact is well made and durable the material finish is matte and gets filthy very quickly. If it comes into contact with cream or shadows it looks cheap and it's hard to get the compact clean. However a large mirror is great. With some Nars products such as their translucent compacts you do get a satin case which I think Nars should include with their bronzers!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 3:52:00 PM More reviews by saem

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

FANTASTIC! Fabulous bronzer, great for a beautiful highlight and contoured look! I have fair skin and this works perfectly without looking too dark and dramatic!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/8/2014 10:59:00 AM More reviews by kukukt007

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I'm on my second compact of this bronzer and have just hit pan. I love this stuff to bits! I have pale skin with yellowy undertones and this is a nice neutral bronzer for my skin - not too orange, shimmery or reddish. I use it more as a contour as bronzing can look a little odd on me when I haven't been tanning. It applies so nice and evenly, I find some bronzers can be particularly patchy on my skin. I also love the huge mirror, it's great for travelling.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/27/2014 11:29:00 AM More reviews by elizabethm20

I adore Nars Laguna.
I have fair to medium skin and tend to fake tan during the summer months. Whatever my skin tone, Laguna complements it perfectly. The colour is the perfect mix, its not too muddy nor too orange toned and can be built up for contour or swept lightly for an all over glow.
Lasting power is brilliant with this bronzer, of course depending on the foundation. If I wear a long lasting foundation, it lasts all day in the same spot. If I use a less lasting foundation it tends to end up at the bottom of my face/ top scenario.
When looking at the cost of the product (I think it is around the £26 mark?!), yes it is expensive but the product lasts forever! I received my first Laguna for a birthday and I didn't need to re purchase until my next birthday and that's with wearing it everyday! I will add that upon repurchase my original was in bad shape (faded writing, totally hit the pan and god damn dirty).
One thing I HATE about all Nars products is the packaging. Yes - it looks beautiful when you first receive it but after one use it is looking rough. The matte black packaging just isn't made for 'make up bag products' as they just get filthy.
So overall, lovely product, would recommend and buy time again however rubbish packaging!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/19/2014 6:49:00 AM More reviews by makeupreviews97

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Ahhh my favorite bronzer!
This is one of those bronzers you can use to contour or just warm up the face.
It comes with heaps of product and it isnt overly pigmented (in a good way)
I use this most days and it has a nice amount of glow it ads to the skin, it stays on all day and isnt too orange or too muddy!
If your looking for the perfect everyday bronzer, give this one a go! Although its expensive its totally worth it, i've had mine for a year, i use it every day and I've hardly made a dint!
Ive also tried the one by elf (the one thats meant to a dupe for nars) and i love that one too however there not similar at all!(in my opinion at least) however i do love the elf one aswell!!
Will be buying again! :)

rated 3 of 5 on 5/17/2014 1:51:00 PM More reviews by Helga92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This is a shimmery bronzer but it doesn't show up very shimmery on my face. I'm really not impressed with this. I have fair skin and I have to build this up to make it show up on my skin. I prefer Hoola from Benefit. I will probably not buy this again since I don't think it's that special.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 5/15/2014 2:31:00 PM More reviews by MalibuMands

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Laguna is a soft neutral brown shade, and contains subtle golden shimmer. This is my top choice as [to date] it's the only bronzer that works year-round with my very fair skin, and doesn't look orange or muddy on me - even in winter when I'm almost paper-white. Despite the shimmer in the formula this bronzer looks very natural and, if you use it before you set your makeup with powder, it also is fantastic for using as a contour powder.

The pigmentation is great, and the formula lasts all day on me. I have no complaints about this bronzer and will definitely rebuy it, even though the pan seems bottomless, as you don't need to use a lot of product to get a good colour payoff.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/12/2014 11:26:00 AM More reviews by wubaduckie

There's a reason why people love this and I think the only way to find out is to try it for yourself. It is very popular because it suits a lot of paler skin tones but that doesn't mean you have to be pale to enjoy Laguna. I'm NW25, so I'm more medium/olive. There is shimmer in this product, so you don't want to go overboard. I think darker skin tones have been recommended NARS Casino but I can only speak for things I know. Laguna doesn't show up as muddy or too orange because it's just right for me. I suspect it's because Laguna negates any pink/red in my skin and isn't too dark.

In Australia, the RRP is $55 (as of March 2014) in Mecca Cosmetica. Yes, it is pricy but I find that NARS offers products that you reach for frequently. I'm the kind of person who doesn't like to experiment with many brands when it comes to face makeup. I like to stick with what I know works for me. I'm happy with Laguna and I'll probably stick to it. I generally would fork more money for a powder product because the mid-high range offers more fine powders that are unlikely to irritate my skin and break me out. I loved Deep Throat so I figured that I'd go ahead and get a bronzer and highlighter from NARS too.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2014 6:19:00 PM More reviews by mariechaton

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Pale girls! Fair girls! Porcelaine girls! This is the best bronzer for us! With a nice brush (Kashuk blusher) & a light touch this bronzer is great for both all-over face colour and/or sculpting features! NARS is packaged nicely (its not loose powder / kinda rubber-y compact easy to grip) I'm the whitest white girl that ever whited...Laguna does not apply on me orange, nor oxidize on my face to turn me orange throughout the day/night. I'd pay double the $ for this product.

p.s - Sometimes I also apply Too Faced Snow Bunny Bronzer(has a bit of pink in it) on apples of cheeks to further sculpt/define w/Laguna as all-over colour

rated 5 of 5 on 5/5/2014 12:19:00 PM More reviews by derilax

Well…when i first got it i thought the bronzer would be so shimmery, but i was wrong! when you applied it onto your face it makes your face looks healthier :) and i use it as a contour, sometimes…overall it is an amazing product for $40 in here!