July 23, 2014 | 2106 users online

Moisturizers - Dove - Sensitive Essentials Day Lotion

This product has been discontinued

rated 4 of 5 on 8/9/2008 9:16:00 PM More reviews by DisablingMercury

I think this product has been discontinued. If it has, I'll cry inside. Anyway, I like this moisturizer. It's simple. No fragrance, no sunscreen (I like mine separate), and it works well to boot. It's a fairly light lotion, so those with very dry skin probably won't benefit too much from this product, but my combination/dryish in the winter skin loves it. However if you put on too much it does make your face feel waxy. To prevent this I put about a pea sized amount on my fingers and rub it around in my hands before applying on my face. This seems to prevent any areas from having too much. If I need to I spot apply after.
    I haven't broken out from this product and I don't THINK it makes my t-zone oilier than normal. I switched to this from Aveeno Positively Radiant...which did make me a touch oilier (sunscreen, I suspect). Also something to note: this has oil in it, as well as shea butter. Neither seem to bother my sensitive (and blackhead prone) skin and I don't get dry patches anymore. So I'm happy. But if you're sensitive to these, heads up.
    Oh, it's also pretty inexpensive -- $7.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/22/2008 10:34:00 PM More reviews by hthenerd

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This product was not right for my skin. I've used two moisturizers for my skin meant for sensitive skin, Dove is one of them. It dried my dry parts out, and it made the normal parts of my skin feel oily. I tend to break out in the spots on my skin that aren't hydrated enough, so I now have some blemishes around my mouth to look forward to. Plus, it made my face feel itchy 20 minutes after I applied. Initially I thought it was the new cleanser, but I decided to use my old moisturizer (which wasn't for sensitive skin, by the way), and no itchy skin. I give it two lippies because it is fragrance-free (without an odor), dye-free, and the packaging is cute.

rated 4 of 5 on 7/18/2008 11:01:00 AM More reviews by tallys

I really like this lotion. I sometimes get dry skin around my lips, but the skin is very sensitive and a lot of lotions flare up my rosacea-like symptoms. I don't get flare-ups with this stuff and I love that it's not scented. I use it as an all-over night cream sometimes too.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2008 10:35:00 PM More reviews by TheresaE

LOVE:) No scent, light and non-greasy. My acne prone skin doesn't need heavy moisturizing. Good for nighttime when I don't need SPF. Great price and I like the packaging. Will definitely repurchase! A nice, simple product - exactly what I want.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/17/2008 12:15:00 PM More reviews by unseelie_fae

Super awesome HG product. Barely costs anything, generous amount. Non irritating, non stinky. It's a soft fluid that sinks right in and moisturizes without any oiliness or residue. No problem applying makeup over it. I've been through 3 bottles of this and will keep right on buying! It would be cool if they would add a pump to the bottle, but if not, that's ok. Just shake upside down then squeeze small dollop onto palm.

Seriously this is the best.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/19/2008 9:44:00 AM More reviews by aquamarine11

Excellent drugstore moisturizer. It is cheap and works great! It might be heavy enough for super-dry skin, but I love it. Does leave my T-zone a tad oily, though but most moisturizers do. I love that it has some good, more advanced ingredients in it and feel that my it is helping my skin. I haven't found anything comparable at the drugstore.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/16/2008 1:08:00 PM More reviews by Reservechic

I like that this product is fragrance free and makes my face really smooth. However, it makes my T-zone get quite shiny and oily after a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/2/2008 7:15:00 PM More reviews by Lo_li_ta

I have repurchased this moisturizer probably 10 times. I have normal combo skin, and this is probably the only moisturizer I have ever used that has not irritated my skin or eventually caused me to break out. As this is a lotion, it doesn't give you super-heavy-duty moisturization - for this reason I also use (and love) the cream version in the jar and alternate the two when I am drier. I love love love this and will die if they discontinue it.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/24/2008 11:20:00 AM More reviews by Jessie52

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE this cream. SO good for sensitive skin and it even improved the texture of my skin.
    The only downfall is that it doesn't have SPF in it, so I rarely use it anymore.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2008 2:22:00 PM More reviews by Smurfette_in_Canada

I LOVE it so far..(it's only been 2 weeks)..I have combo/sensitive acne prone skin with redness...I use a Rx retinoid so it can be very sensitive at times. I use the matching cleanser too..they came together for only $10. ***It does have an odd feeling to it though. When you first rub it in to your skin it feels very cooling/fresh but when you keep messaging it in ...it feels like you are rubbing wax on your face...so odd!!!!!!
    I was concerned because I'm acne prone that this waxiness might clog my pores...but it hasn't... the wax feeling goes away quickly..and so far no breakouts...so whatever.
    It absorbs quickly ...and doesn't make my face red...doesn't make my skin too oily/shiny..it's really good...and my skin has improved....I'll keep buying it.