July 28, 2014 | 1313 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 2 of 5 on 2/13/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by ladonamorena64

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I had high hopes for this lippie. I got it was eager to wear it and when I applied it, it looked orange to me. I thought it was the lighting, but when I applied it in another setting, it still looked orange. I've tried it with cherry lip liner, currant lip liner, and brick lip liner and it's still orangey looking. My complexion is NW 43. So I will not buy this again, because I wanted a red not an orange.

3 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/12/2014 12:12:00 AM More reviews by Tinevw00

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

After i wore Ruby Woo for a while i saw Russian Red. Its a deeper blue red. I absolutely love this shade. I switch off between the too. I go out with my bf and have drinks and theres no transfer! Best part i rarely have to reapply. I have drier lips so i have to make sure i exfoliate before wearing it though.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2014 9:52:00 PM More reviews by mckaylak

Russian Red is the perfect "true red" lipstick. It isn't too dark, or too light and has a matte finish for the pin up girl look. The one draw back to this lipstick is it is slightly drying (as with most matte lipsticks) but it's nothing that lip balm can't solve. It looks great with my fair complexion but also looks good on other skin tones. I wear this lipstick in the daytime and at night and I always get compliments. It lasts a very long time and usually requires one touch up per day, if that. I will definitely repurchase this lipstick when I run out as it is my most worn red lipstick!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 1:07:00 PM More reviews by rainbowhorse

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I only bought this because I was at the mac counter looking for a red lip and both "Riri Woo" and "Ruby Woo" were out of stock (ahhhhh- I know) the sale girl was super nice and accomodating and pulled out "russian red" admittedly I never heard of it but it was pretty enough when she put it on me. The liner she use was cherry if anyone wants to know. She also did a bold liner look on me and I liked that too.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 7:11:00 AM More reviews by Nandapushkar

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

Best lipsticks I have ever tried on is from MAC .i am in love with their lipsticks actually .and this gives the perfect red classy touch for your lips.as well as long wear ...it won't take off easily .and doesn't need a lipstick brush to apply it..gives the perfect pout ..I recommend mac lipsticks for every skin tone since they have a nice collection of different colors.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/28/2014 1:54:00 AM More reviews by Jillhomez

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Presenting to you my first ever mac lipstick-Russian Red.😍Two words...perfect red! This color is classic and elegant. Not too bright, not too dark for a classic Marilyn Monroe look. It is gorgeous on fair skinned but will definitely look good on any skin tone. It has a matte finish and glides on smoothly compared to the retro matte formula of ruby woo. It doesn't come off easily. In general, this is the loveliest red from mac and will forever be my favorite!

rated 3 of 5 on 1/24/2014 11:03:00 PM More reviews by ahoymaite

While I love the color of this red, I prefer a much more moisturizing lipstick. When I wear this, even with a lip balm base, my lips feel so incredibly dry all day. This was my first MAC purchase and I'm slightly disappointed, but there's no denying that this red looks great on just about everyone. I just wish it provided *some* moisture.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/24/2014 10:46:00 PM More reviews by brighter98

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Green

this was my very first mac purchase and let me tell ya, it it amazing. I have very pale skin and the true red is just perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 1/15/2014 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Giulylove

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I love it so much! I prefere it to Ruby woo, it looks better on me. It lasts forever and it's not drying. If I had to pick up only one red lipstick, it would definitely be this one. I've worn only this during the past Christmas holidays. I also bought its lipglass, and the combo looks divine.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 10:31:00 AM More reviews by jeanyi

This lipstick lasts. I just got it and i used it for a good 15h. it doesn't transfer much (if i just exfoliate and don't use a lipbalm). During that 15h, i needed to reapply once, and only on the inner lips after i ate, didn't bleed even though i didn't use a lipliner. I am really impressed, am always on the hunt for a good red lip, i think i don't need to anymore, period. Goes on perfect with my NC40 skintone; makes your teeth look whiter as well, what a classy colour. x