MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 11/28/2014 8:03:00 PM

BEST RED EVER.

A must own for everyone who likes red lipstick. It's so pigmented and matte that one tube will probably last for a few years. It's a no-brainer purchase and as you can see from everyone's reviews, you won't regret it.

For me, I MUST have a lip liner with this to help define my lips since they are medium thickness.

on 11/28/2014 5:10:00 PM

This was my first ever Back To Mac and what a deal it was. I love it. I feel elegant and glam and a bit Dita-esque. It is matte which is my favourite type, it is vibrant, bold and stunning, no wonder it is such a good seller for Mac. It has been described as medium neutral under toned red but I do feel on me there is a blue tone in it. It is a darker colour than Ruby Woo and interestingly not as matte, a little creamier and it does stain the lips.

I wear it with Brick liner or Kiss Me Quick Pro Longwear Liner and Cherry liner mixed. I like to wear this with Tendering, Bushbaby, Harmony or even Plum Foolery.

I love this with a bronze metallic eye and big false lashes. It can be worn at any time of the day and by most skin tones.

If you want a little pin up confidence then buy this red, it will not disappoint.

Holy crap, Batman, it's my holy grail red lipstick! Seriously, you've heard of the little black dress, right? Well, here's your little red lipstick. It's a classic and will never, ever fail to make you look oh-so-elegant for a night on the town. Or, if it's 6 am and you don't feel like putting makeup on, this will make you look like you tried! MAC lipsticks smell divine and this is no exception, but the best part about this fantastic shade is that it's not shiny...but it's not so matte that it turns your lips into the Sahara. (I've read reviews that say it's very dry, but I don't have any issues with it and that's saying something, considering I seem to perpetually have dry flaky lips--just use a good lip balm or primer beforehand and you're good, I promise.) If you only own one red lipstick--and really, shouldn't everybody have at least one?--then make it this right here. I've tried tons and Russian Red is by far the winner!

on 11/9/2014 7:03:00 PM

The perfect red, flattering, classic and strong without being garish.

on 11/1/2014 6:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

Holy Grail Product

I thought this would be too dark, but it's not. It is deep, rich, and matte, but creamy, and the application can be toned down with a light, controlled hand. It's just bright enough,and a near perfect color for me as a cool/neutral. IMO, it's a blue red, with just enough added warmth to prevent the "Red" from turning into a fuchsia or berry tone. It's perfection, and I hope they never change it.

on 10/31/2014 11:46:00 AM

This is my second tube; however im sure it isnt as blue as last time? Seems slightly more brick red to me. I put it on for nice occasions; but take a loreal dupe in my bag out with me as im terrified i will lose it (or someone will want to borrow it....hell no way)!

on 10/26/2014 1:47:00 AM

Amazing shade. You wond find it anywhere else

on 10/16/2014 2:27:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Neutral

On my second tube of this shade. I have very pale skin, dark eyes and hair, and the bluish undertones of this color are perfect for me. I don't find it too drying, though exfoliating and moisturizing pre lippie is important. I also always take of any color reapply moister and then reapply lipstick when touching up for the best results. Otherwise I find the color can get clumpy and darker in some areas!

on 10/12/2014 1:33:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

My favourite lipstick ever! I have been in love with this lipstick ever since I first bought it (2010) the colour is perfect with my skin tone and red hair, I always get compliments and I use the Mac lip pencil brick with it. I do think it looks different on everyone though. It lasts ages aswell so worth the £14. I only ever have to apply it once and it lasts all day. If your looking for a red lip stick this has to be the one!!

on 9/26/2014 3:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

LOOOOOOOVE THIS LIPSTICK!
It gives that old hollywood classy look, especially when lined with the Cherry lipliner. Lasted me hours (though i do suggest exfoliating and a lip balm before applying because it is a matte lipstick)
It would have to be a very elegant occasion for me to wear this though, or else I'd feel too out of place for an everyday red.

Popular Lipsticks