MAC Russian Red

4.6

on 1/6/2015 12:19:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Warm

Hair: Other, Curly, Fine

My best friend got this for me as a Christmas gift along with Cherry lipliner, and I seriously cannot be happier. I range from NC40 to NC44, and throughout the skin tone changes, this lipstick manages to look gorgeous. To me, this seems to be the grown up version of Ruby Woo; it is a deeper, more sumptuous red in comparison to the bright, cool toned red that is Ruby Woo. If you are looking for a more classic red, Russian Red will not let you down in the slightest :D

on 12/30/2014 8:18:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse

Why, oh why, haven't I bought this sooner!?! I already own Ruby Woo and Lady Danger, and I love them both dearly, but man oh man, Russian Red just swooped in and blew them both out of the water, what a gorgeous red! It's a real classic red, very pigmented, matte and it lasts forever, what more does a woman want..?

on 12/25/2014 4:34:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure

Perfect staple red for my NC-44 skin and stays on forever.

on 12/25/2014 12:43:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Neutral

Love Russian Red! It's the perfect red for my NC40-42 skin tone. It's moisturizing and lasts for hours. I use it with MAC lip liner and it looks fab.

on 12/20/2014 4:07:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure

This is the most beautifil shade of Red ever! I guess it flatters almost all skin tones..

even though the texture is a bit drying, a exfolition would very well fix that.

Overall, i love it!

on 12/20/2014 3:32:00 AM

OMG, this is such a beautiful colour!!

I tried it in store at 10am with prep + prime lip and Brick lipliner. It lasted the whole day! I came back to the store at 6pm to buy it, because it still looked perfect on my lips.

The most beautiful red i've ever seen. Looks so pretty and glamorous!

on 12/2/2014 11:54:00 AM

Yes, yes, yes and more yes. I love this red lipstick! It's thick, highly pigmented and really lasts. I'm so impressed with this colour that I wish I tried it a long time ago. Definitely my favourite shade of red. If you're looking for an intense red, I recommend this colour.I will be buying this again, it's my holy grail of red lipsticks.

on 11/28/2014 8:03:00 PM

BEST RED EVER.

A must own for everyone who likes red lipstick. It's so pigmented and matte that one tube will probably last for a few years. It's a no-brainer purchase and as you can see from everyone's reviews, you won't regret it.

For me, I MUST have a lip liner with this to help define my lips since they are medium thickness.

on 11/28/2014 5:10:00 PM

This was my first ever Back To Mac and what a deal it was. I love it. I feel elegant and glam and a bit Dita-esque. It is matte which is my favourite type, it is vibrant, bold and stunning, no wonder it is such a good seller for Mac. It has been described as medium neutral under toned red but I do feel on me there is a blue tone in it. It is a darker colour than Ruby Woo and interestingly not as matte, a little creamier and it does stain the lips.

I wear it with Brick liner or Kiss Me Quick Pro Longwear Liner and Cherry liner mixed. I like to wear this with Tendering, Bushbaby, Harmony or even Plum Foolery.

I love this with a bronze metallic eye and big false lashes. It can be worn at any time of the day and by most skin tones.

If you want a little pin up confidence then buy this red, it will not disappoint.

Holy crap, Batman, it's my holy grail red lipstick! Seriously, you've heard of the little black dress, right? Well, here's your little red lipstick. It's a classic and will never, ever fail to make you look oh-so-elegant for a night on the town. Or, if it's 6 am and you don't feel like putting makeup on, this will make you look like you tried! MAC lipsticks smell divine and this is no exception, but the best part about this fantastic shade is that it's not shiny...but it's not so matte that it turns your lips into the Sahara. (I've read reviews that say it's very dry, but I don't have any issues with it and that's saying something, considering I seem to perpetually have dry flaky lips--just use a good lip balm or primer beforehand and you're good, I promise.) If you only own one red lipstick--and really, shouldn't everybody have at least one?--then make it this right here. I've tried tons and Russian Red is by far the winner!

Recommended for Medium Skin