MAC Russian Red

4.6

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

o my gaaaaaahhhhhhh!!!!! I finally found my holy grail red lipstick! no really...I'm in love. No exaggeration. It is the absolute perfect shade of red, It definitely stands out but in a good way. Most reds are either too bright on me to where they look obnoxious and cheap or too brown where they look more vampy. Russian red is the perfect in between yet true red shade. Definitely old hollywood glamour style. It's matte which I love and being so, the staying power is amazing! another thing I love is that despite it being matte it isn't as drying on your lips as most matte lipsticks are. Believe me I have tried oodles and oodles of red lipsticks but nothing compares to this gem. It will definitely compliment a vast array of skintones so if you're looking for that perfect shade of red look no further ladies!

My favorite red lipstick ever!!! I luv it in my opinion its better then ruby woo not too drying either sadly mac keeps raises its prices will i we purchase again maybe i have found a dupe nyx matte in perfect red spot on too .....still luv u Russian red! !! Just becomeing a lil pricey

This is the best red lipstick! I've tried many different red lipsticks over the years from drugstore to high end and this is the best one! It's a true red that will go with many different skin tones. It looks great on me when I have fair/pale skin and when I have a tan. This is a matte lipstick so if you like shine or a little moisture just add a clear gloss or lip balm and problem solved. I find this lipstick looks great with and without a liner. I will definitely repurchase this lipstick!

Cannot go wrong with this!
Perfect bright red, I absolutely love it. Looks amazing with my fair complexion.
Stays on all day, barely needs to be reapplied. Been a fan of this one for years!

Only have 2 cons -
Hard to remove and smudges very easily!!! If you get any outside of the lip line it is ridiculous to get off, you end up with red smudges everywhere!

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

This is my first purchase from MAC and also my first red lipstick. I bought this after i try it and compare it to Ruby Woo. Both matte but Russian Red is not as drying as Ruby Woo. It's very true red, not turn orangish or pinkish like some people experience with other red lipsticks. Very pretty and you can wear it with simple eye make-up on many occasion. Long lasting, but still need reapply after eating, otherwise it will turn up blotchy. It's classic and bold, i think every woman should have one. Definitely one of my favourite lipstick all the time.

Eyes: Violet

Originally purchased this because my all time idol madonna wore it in the express yourself video and I love it. The colour is vibrant and is nice on pale cool toned skin.
The only thing is if your not careful it can bleed and I wish it was a little longer lasting

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool

Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium

Eyes: Violet

This is, without a doubt, my favorite MAC lipstick. It's classic and bold without being obnoxious. If you're new to red lips, I suggest starting here - if this doesn't look amazing on you, it will at least give you a very good idea of what direction to go in. It lasts 6-7 hours on me under normal conditions. I recommend using a lip balm about 30 minutes before applying.

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

I have found this to be the perfect red for my skin tone. Just for reference I use Estée Lauder double wear foundation in softan. Mac nw 35 or 40.

I adore this lipstick shade- it is my favourite red of all time. Red has to be hardest shade to find that suits you and this one is perfect! I bought this for my wedding to do touch ups .... My make up artist used Ruby Woo on me, but I changed it to Russian Red. I find the darker tone more flattering and less garish. It can be a little drying so I tend to use a Chapstick underneath ...

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm

Just like a little black dress, every woman should have it. My favorite red lipstick.

Recommended for Medium Skin