November 26, 2014 | 1662 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Russian Red

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/23/2014 12:47:00 AM More reviews by Cammmi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I bought this for a wedding and never wear it again. I feel I could only wear this If I'm going to a big important classy event. I don't feel comfortable when I wear this. I much prefer lady danger which gives a more modern ang original look. I am giving this to my sister!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/11/2014 10:23:00 PM More reviews by heyloelitahey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

When I first bought this, I didn't really like it but it definitely had grown on me. The color is highly pigmented and intense, as well as extremely long-wearing. On my fair, cool-toned skin it shows up as a bright, vintage incarnadine tone. The matte finish isn't too drying if you wear it over a balm (I use EOS). TIP: wear this with Rimmel's Red Diva lipliner, it's a perfect shade match and the retractable packaging makes it better than MAC's Cherry pencil for me.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/5/2014 5:17:00 PM More reviews by annaa7

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

This is a great lipstick, and I find this to suit me even though my complexion is warm. Maybe I'm a neutral, I don't know! But this will last hours, but put lip balm on before applying this!

rated 3 of 5 on 7/31/2014 6:48:00 PM More reviews by ASH1337

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

Russian Red... I have a few friends who swear by this shade and rock it so well, that I thought it'd be universally wearable. Wellllll not so much for my warm complexion. It is not so flattering on me in some lights. It's a bit too blue for my complexion, but I will say that it lasts ALL day and night. I found this particular matte lipstick to be very drying, compared to the other ones in this finish. It could just be my tube though. If you have a pale, cool complexion, then I fully recommend it. However, for the warm girls, I discovered that Lady Danger is a terrific alternative that we can rock confidently. I gave my Russian Red to my mom and it suits her way better.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/25/2014 4:33:00 AM More reviews by shibee

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I love the shade of this lipstick, but I was a little disappointed on how long it lasted. If I paid for a MAC lipstick, I want it to last. If I'm sipping on a drink on a night out, it's gone within a few hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/13/2014 3:35:00 PM More reviews by kira1999

My favourite red lipstick! It is the prettiest red and even as a matte, won't dry out your lips. It lasts sooo long so I don't need to reapply for hours.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2014 8:44:00 AM More reviews by Makeuplover95

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This lipstick is excellent! The colour is lovely, and it is easier to apply than ruby woo and there is more moisture on your lips! Lovely mate finish, I highly recommend!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/9/2014 8:16:00 PM More reviews by sammarshmallow

My all time favourite red lippy. Very pigmented, glides on smoothly, classic matte finish.
My only complaint about this product is that because it is a matte lipstick, it can be drying over time. I'm a flight attendant so under normal work conditions/hours, it will dry out my lips and make it look unattractrively flakey, so I tend to not wear this lipstick for work. But for a night out, it's definitely my one-and-only!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/3/2014 8:02:00 AM More reviews by UrsiG

I'm not as crazy over this lipstick as I am over Ruby Woo. I'm still trying to figure out if its too bright for me or not but I will give it another chance.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/22/2014 5:27:00 PM More reviews by starla07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

The ULTIMATE bluish red. This was Madonna's go-to shade on the Blonde Ambition tour of 1990 (google image search for the Gaultier-amazingness of it all). This lippie ain't playing around - you'll need to moisturise your lips beforehand. It looks great on pale skin and makes teeth look whiter.