April 19, 2014 | 1308 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Total Effects-Fragrance Free

rated 3 of 5 on 3/12/2012 9:57:00 PM More reviews by Peridot07

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've tried a LOT of moisturizers and this one isn't bad, but it's not amazing either. It feels good on the skin, moisturizes well and doesn't break me out, but it hasn't improved my skin either - which is why I bought it.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2012 5:08:00 PM More reviews by SkinnyCow

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Would I buy again ? I already did.

I am 44. Skin is combo, if I treat as dry, it seems to do better. This stuff has moved it self up to the HG of all HG's.

I've tried EVERYTHING. High end / low end / natural / stuff from the derm / Private Client stuff that was $$$$ from my plastic surgeon, NOTHING has delivered results like this stuff does. NOTHING. Everything it says it does, it did.

Within 2 weeks I noticed clarity. My number one issue is skin tone and uneven color. It helped immensely. I had little tiny pimples or something on my forehead foreverrrrr, GONE. I have the fragrance free spf15. I love it. It is also firming which I also found amazing. It does NOT sting, which almost everything does sting me, so that is a plus.

I just got the Total Effects cleanser with 2% salicylic acid, moving away from a 15 year HG of Neutrogena oil free acne wash, and I have not regretted it yet.

One thing - this stuff has made my skin a little photosensitive. Which is amazing because NO DRUGSTORE product has been strong enough to do this. But I wear additional sunscreen and spf15 isn't really enough anyway.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/12/2011 11:02:00 PM More reviews by stefie2104

I bought the Gentle Asia version at SGD 12.90 from Venus. I love how my skin looks next morning even I slept late the day before (with a toddler, really keeps me busy). None of the cream really works this well for me. I am using TE Gentle SPF15, TE cream cleanser (Another HG).

The current version has improved alot since I used in 2004. Am bringing this baby, the TE SPF 15, TE cream cleanser to my osaka trip this week, hopes it will keep me hydrated:):) Will update again.

02-Mar-2012:-
Okay I add another lipstick to 4, this is the best moisturizer I even use. It helps to hydrate my skin now when I use Retin- A treatment. Okay vain pot bought Olay Regenerist night cream. Yucks, worst cream even, gave me huge cystics acne that took me 2 weeks to get rid off. Then I stop using and started my skin dr routines and Retin-A, it does not help at all, makes my skin dried up like dried plum.

Finally gave up on my dr routine, I just use back Olay TE Gentle SPF 15 for day time, I can see instant results. I tried my luck with Olay Regenerist Night Cream again with Retin-A on problem areas, it works okay, no outbreak, the 2 huge lumps dries up. Just yesterday I use back this baby at night with my Retin-A and add thin layer of California baby Calendula cream on dried areas. Wow I just love my skin this morning, so beautiful. Why should i change this 2 wonderful HG cream, so I will buy them over and over again.

My current skincare steps as follows:-

AM: Olay Regenerist Cream cleanser or Olay TE Cream Cleanser or Olay White Radiance Cream Cleanser, Kose Sekkisei Lotion, Olay White Radiance brightening serum, Olay TE Gentle SPF 15

PM: Kacie Cleansing oil, Olay Regenerist Cream cleanser or Olay TE Cream Cleanser or Olay White Radiance Cream Cleanser, Kose Sekkisei Lotion, Olay White Radiance brightening serum, Olay TE Gentle, Retin-A on problem area (alternate day thin layer at whole face)

rated 3 of 5 on 11/17/2011 8:27:00 AM More reviews by tarha

I really wanted to like this product after all the raving reviews. It did not make my face red but did sting a little for about a few minutes after it was applied and seemed to leave this masked feeling to my face. I noticed (after about 4 weeks using this product) that I had lots of little bumps on my skin which appeared to be blocked pores. I am really disappointed.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2011 10:18:00 AM More reviews by Bombshell222

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Although this is a little pricy for drug store, it works wonders. I've used high end, low end, all natural anti-aging products with no great shakes. I have had luck with Olay in the past and decided to go back. My skin is oily and acne prone, but I am in my 30's and need to address anti-aging as well!. This cream works awesome. No breakouts, non-greasy, and my skin looks great. Skincare staple!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/10/2011 10:17:00 AM More reviews by NatNikki

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I'm 26 years old and suffered with moderate acne from the age of 15 into my early twenties which ravaged my skin. It also didn't help that I never knew I had a fragrance allergy and all of those harsh over the counter acne products I was using made things worse. But once I found that out I tried a multitude of different creams suited for my sensitive skin to try and repair the damage. I've tried a lot of products and I mean A LOT. From expensive high end brands to lesser known all natural vegan creams. None of them have given me the results that this stuff has. I know everyone's skin is different so you might not get the best results but I am certainly happy. I would say it took a good 6-8 weeks of use before I started seeing really noticeable results. The texture of my skin became super smooth and felt baby soft for the first time in I don't know how long. I have quite large pores from all those years of having acne and this cream helped reduce their size. I also have combination oily/dry skin and this has helped to keep the shine down and keep my skin feeling soft and supple. I would recommend giving this cream a try if you're curious. You really get excellent results for an excellent price. I couldn't be happier with the way my skin looks now. I thought for sure I would need to get laser treatments or microdermabrasion to make it look the way it does.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/8/2011 5:39:00 PM More reviews by IslandGirlSPN

UPDATE: YES i WILL BUY THIS AGAIN. I found that I can scrape every last bit of product out of the dispenser. The top is easy to pop off and get to the last bit. As a matter of fact its easier to get to than with the regenerist bottle. I even refilled it with another moistuizer (St Ives Collagen Elastin gigantic tub) just for fun. ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I just got this today instead of my usual Regenerist because it was just a few dollars cheaper. I didnt examine the packaging when I got it and when I got home I saw that the pump style bottle will not allow me to get every bit of product out like i can with the Regenerist pump. Because of this I am returning it immediately to Wags to get my usual Regenerist instead.
UPDATE - ok so i decided to actually keep this bottle to give it a decent shot but day 3 into using it i ended up with a massive zit on my chin. i am not prone to pimples. this is the only change i my routine. i'll keep using this up & hope for no more pimples....but more than likely i will switch back to regenerist.

rated 1 of 5 on 10/20/2011 9:57:00 PM More reviews by lepetitrouge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I bought this product on a whim at the supermarket about three weeks ago. Hoping to save some money, I used it as a replacement for my usual Shiseido softener and moisturiser. It turns out that was not such a good idea. At first, I really liked the texture and feel of this moisturiser. Also, I liked that it is not scented. But gradually over the past three weeks of using this product, I have developed intensely red, itchy little rash patches under my eyes (so far cortisone that is safe for under the eyes is not working very successfully to remedy these rashes!) In addition, I've started to break out in pimples again. Before I started using this product, my skin was starting to look really good. So it was quite a silly idea to switch from products that were working so well, to a supermarket/drugstore product.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/18/2011 4:49:00 PM More reviews by Nidhitandon

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I have dry and sensitive skin and was looking for moisturizer which can even prevent wrinkles. Olay total effects fragrance free version seemed perfect choice. But to my disappointment, the first application burned my face badly and gave me red patches on my cheeks. I tried to ignore. The next application was almost horrible, my skin was more red, irritated and above all super dry!! It feels that this product is filled with some cheap chemicals. Its not gentle and definitely not a product for dry and sensitive skin.
Will not buy it again. Returning back to Body shop's Vitamin e range.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/1/2011 8:55:00 PM More reviews by DeeSF

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

After my dermatologist told me that my La Prairie Anti-Aging Emulsion SPF 30 ($190!) was much too heavy for me I started to seriously research lotions. I came across the Consumer Reports Wrinkle Cream Ratings from 2007 and saw that some of Oil of Olay's products scored on top for effectiveness, and some of La Prairie's scored on the very bottom. When considering the price difference I was a bit skeptical but I went in with an open mind.
I started with the Olay Regenerist Serum and quickly realized I could only use Olay fragrance-free products. After reviewing the Olay product line, I started using this product last year and all I can say is WOW. My skin has never looked better, as my husband, friends, and relatives keep telling me. My former 42 year-old acne prone skin is now dewy, soft, and blemish free. I don't know why this stuff works so well for me but I'm just glad that it does. I love this and the fragrance-free SPF 15 version. My new HGs for day and night. I still swear by La Prairie's makeup but this Olay Total Effects lotion has been great for my skin. Love, love, love it!