October 20, 2014 | 1485 users online

Scrubs - Remede - sweep

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 8/16/2006 7:08:00 PM More reviews by muse97

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

While this scrub does perform well, I just can't reccommend it cuz it is so insanely expensive. But, the tube does last a long time...but still...$40-some bucks for a scrub? Um, no. But if you have a need to splurge, this will suit your needs. But, I am sure there are better, cheaper scrubs out there.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/4/2006 2:14:00 AM More reviews by ninabedina

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Other

First off, I feel that before I sing my praises for this particular product, I should tell you that I have no other facial scrub usage under my belt, therefore I have nothing to compare this product to- there, I said it. Now, the reason I chose Sweep in the first place is because of all the stellar reviews, and in my opinion they were right on the money. I was ultimately looking to get rid of my blackheads- which didn't happen- but my face was so nice and smooth post-scrub that I know I will be using this for years to come. Now, I'm not going to sugarcoat- this is a very pricey product, but for now I'm willing to pay top dollar for the smoothness and if you can afford to splurge a little...

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/29/2006 12:45:00 AM More reviews by dreamspice

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I find I have to agree with the reviewer before me. I used to use the scrub years ago and really loved how it cleared out the blackheads on my nose. I bought it again recently and was very disappointed - it just didn't seem to have as much "scrub" in it. I didn't realize, until I read the reviews here, that it had been reformulated. I won't be buying this again. There isn't too much a difference between this and the Kiss My Face Jojoba and Mint Scrub that's kicking around in my medicine cabinet. Except, oh yeah, this is like three times more expensive!! I don't know, for the price, I think it should not only clear out my pores, it should do my taxes, too! But that's just me ;) I'm thinking I'm going to try DHC's Hinoki brush for my exfoliating needs...

rated 2 of 5 on 6/4/2006 11:58:00 AM More reviews by octavia666

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I began using this 8 years ago and loved it. It was gentle on my sensitive but breakout prone skin, and it cleared away the dry blackheads that love my nose. Then they changed the formula, significantly diluting the exfoliating properties, so that you need to use twice as much as in the original formula. An old bottle. using a pea-sized drop per use, would last me well over six months. Now it is so watery you need a huge squirt to do anything, and most of it ends up running off your face. To add insult to injury, they jacked the price up about 25 percent. I recently tried the Stila scrub, and it reminds me of the old, fabulous, extinct Sweep. I will definitely switch to that one.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/23/2006 4:46:00 PM More reviews by modestlymorbid

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I can not believe I have not reviewed this product yet. I have been using Sweep for a touch over two years now and it is indeed one of the best facial scrubs on the market. I had huge reservations at first. Gentle scrubs are a notorious waste of green for me. I happened to receive a sample in a Bliss order and that sealed the deal. I am now a proud member of the notorious Sweep cult.

This product is so gentle it even makes exfoliating the occasional blemish or stress breakout a comfortable experience. The combination of bentonite clay and crushed marble is genius. The particles are fine enough to probe deep into clogged pores and purge accumulating oil and cell debris (no more pores!). There is no real fragrance to this product unless you count the light hint of marble. The texture is pleasant a smooth concentrated white paste that does not tug or pull or put undue stress on the skin.

I understand a lot of people cringe at the price. But considering the bang I get for my buck I feel I am getting a bargain. I have used a lot of decidedly more (compared to Sweep) abrasive scrubs in the past and none hold a candle to it. I grant that the tube is small a mere 2.5 ounces. I require but a small amount so a tube lasts me a good eight to nine months. I am hooked for life.

Tip: I agree with a previous reviewer that this scrub is best used after the skin has softened (use in the shower or after a facial steam treatment). This does a lot to limit and suppress possible irritation. It is also important to be gentle. Pressing harder is not going to reap better results. I have a rule that if I have to make it work then I need to look elsewhere. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2006 3:21:00 PM More reviews by PlatinumBlondePunk

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

A fabulous scrub,but only if you feel like plopping down US $44.00 for nothing more than designer baking soda in a pretty tube.

rated 4 of 5 on 9/1/2005 10:00:00 PM More reviews by ModelGeek

I've used this product off and on over the years when I'd run out of my HG exfoliant (Decleor's Purete Exfoliante); however, as Decleor has changed the formulation of my fave (ack!), I've begun using this more regularly. It's been fine for me (combination, slightly sensitive), but I find it to be a bit harsh so I only use a wee bit and often mix it with a gel or lotion cleanser. Because I only use a tiny bit at a time, I find a single tube does last me quite a while...even when I'm exfoliating every other day. If I'm doing a lot of shooting, though, I find it to be too rough for such frequent use. I'd purchase it again, obviously, but I think there are probably products out there that are comparable or even better...I just have to find one (still sulking about the Decleor product!). Any suggestions would be more than welcome from my fellow MUA-ers!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/10/2005 10:58:00 PM More reviews by daniella

yes, this is expensive. for this price i really expected a much larger tube!

But it is extremely effective while being gentle on the skin. the first time i used this i thought it hurt a little because the grains were so fine and i wasn't used to a scrub like that. but just go gentle at first and it is really good at smoothing your skin and evening complexion. helps w/ the breakouts on my chin, too.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/23/2005 9:14:00 PM More reviews by sylvia918

Nothing too special about this product. Brought this initally from my friend's recommendation coz of the marble clay powder which supposedly to be great in exfoliating for supple skin. The product does gives you smoother skin afteruse but i think there are better facial scrubs out there or use home micro-dermabrasion system it works well for me especially blackheads!

rated 1 of 5 on 4/22/2005 10:43:00 PM More reviews by sugarmagnolia15

I bought this product about 4 years ago. I was not impressed at all. It's too expensive for such poor performance. I don't see what the hype is. I prefer to put a little baking soda in my face wash, which is very gentle, or use Origins Modern Friction.