Bobbi Brown Hydrating Face Cream

3.5

INGREDIENTS: WATER\AQUA\EAU, DIMETHICONE, BUTYLENE GLYCOL, CETYL ALCOHOL, ETHYLHEXYL PALMITATE, CAPRYLIC/CAPRIC/MYRISTIC/STEARIC TRIGLYCERIDE, ALEURITES MOLUCCANA (KUKUI) SEED OIL, MYRISTYL MYRISTATE, GLYCERYL STEARATE, ALGAE EXTRACT, CETYL PHOSPHATE, POLYPERFLUOROMETHYLISOPROPYL ETHER, CORIANDRUM SATIVUM (CORIANDER) SEED OIL, ROSMARINUS OFFICINALIS (ROSEMARY), ROSA CANINA (ROSE) FRUIT OIL, ELETTARIA CARDAMOMUM (CARDAMOM), LAVANDULA ANGUSTIFOLIA (LAVENDER), JASMINUM OFFICINALE (JASMINE), RETINYL PALMITATE, TOCOPHERYL ACETATE, CHOLESTEROL, LINOLEIC ACID, TREHALOSE, GLYCERIN, CAFFEINE, PEG-10 DIMETHICONE, ACRYLAMIDES COPOLYMER, MYRISTYL LAURATE, PHYTANTRIOL, ACRYLATES COPOLYMER, LECITHIN, PHYTOSPHINGOSINE, PROPYLENE GLYCOL STEARATE, SODIUM HYALURONATE, POLYSORBATE 20, CAPRYLYL GLYCOL, SORBITAN LAURATE, MYRISTYL ALCOHOL, PROPYLENE GLYCOL LAURATE, GLYCINE, CARBOMER, HYDROXYPROLINE, PROLINE, SODIUM CARBOMER, HEXYLENE GLYCOL, DISODIUM EDTA, PHENOXYETHANOL

on 7/28/2011 1:35:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Bobbi Brown Hydrating Fac Cream
My Skin type is Normal

I've been testing a bunch of creams so I can have the ideal products for my skin care routine. Here's my review:

Texture: Creamy consistency, non-greasy.
Finish: Dewy and moisturized. However I do prefer more moisture. It was a bit too light for me.
Application: Smooths easily over skin. Of course, I apply with fingers.
Packaging: Sometimes it comes in plastic and I've also seen glass jars.
Odor: Clean, refreshing scent.
Cost: Yes, it is on the higher end side.
My rating scale is: EXCELLENT, GOOD, FAIR AND POOR
Overall rating for this product: GOOD
I think this would work well for normal skin or those that don't want a heavier moisturizer.

on 3/15/2011 9:26:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Olive, Warm

This moisturizer saved my skin this winter! I moved from the southwest to the northeast, and the cold weather made my skin dry and chapped. I tried many other products, but they were either too heavy or did not have enough moisture. Finally I bought this- it has the perfect amount of hydration and does not leave me with a shiny face. I wish it was a little less expensive and not in a jar, but I would definitely repurchase for the great effect it had on my skin!

on 1/30/2011 10:16:00 AM

Very hydrating without being oily. My skin is combo type and I dont get any breakouts. However, probably would look oily on very oily skin.

My skin loves this cream! I am super picky about my skincare but recieved a deluxe sample jar of this in the "all about eyes" christmas set and have been using it every night. My skin is generally well balanced *touch wood*, but i spend hours in an air conditioned office which dehydrates my skin and definately takes its toll. its a light, non greasy and easily absorbed cream but where this product stands out is that for me, is that it is actually noroushing! this is perfect for the hot and humid climate i live in australia.
it picks my skin right up everynight and leaves it happy healthy and well hydrated for the next day. it's taking me forever to get through my jar as well so i actually think it's excellent value for money.

on 12/29/2010 5:27:00 PM

I really like this moisturizer. I only really use it at night, as I find it's a bit too thick for day time. I'm not really a fan of jar moisturizers because they're not as sanitary as a pump, but I still love this stuff. It doesn't smell the best, but when I put it on at night (my skin has been dry due to the change in weather) I wake up with really soft, hydrated skin. A little goes a long way!

on 12/28/2010 8:57:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

SO EXPENSIVE! But its the only cream I've found to give me lasting hydration. I use a drying foundation that has been rough on my skin as well as the winter weather. This cream has helped a ton! I think its worth the money. I pick it up at CCO for $40 when I can.

on 12/23/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure

I have dry, sensitive skin and I liked this very much although the effect is very similiar to the Vitamin Enriched. You do do not need both and I think VE has the edge as soothes redness. The cream itself sinks into my skin, I notice an improvement and is ideal for the mornings when you don;t have time to wait 10 mins before applying makeup. The smell is not offensive to me although I am used to using products which are unscented and are almost chemically/plastic smelling. Overall a good light moisturiser which packs a hydrating punch and is a good primer for make up.

on 10/11/2010 1:08:00 PM

equally as crappy as the "vitamin rich face base" by bobbi brown. oily to the max (from the shea butter,, even though the hydrating face cream should be oil free.).. looked oily, didnt feel oily, but seriously, isnt that the whole point of bobbi brown? looking good wif make up?! don't know if it was the vitamin rich face base or this, but my t-zone got these lil bumps and my forehead is now invaded with like 7 pimples that im trying to fix. DON'T BUY THIS. only trust bobbi brown's make up line, their skincare line is honestly crap.

on 9/9/2010 9:51:00 PM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

the BA suggests me highly of this moisturizer before using foundation. it is said that can help a the foundation smooth well. however I don't quite like the texture of it. it is a bit too rich for me and the foundation looks cakey after it.

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

tried the sample I am not impressed with this cream. i would say it is mediocre. feels smooth applying this cream but that is all. nothing special. smell is a bit weird but it takes just time to get used to it. essential oil smell mixed with some lavender and mint flavor. my skin feels a bit relaxed after appication of this cream but after a while it is feeling dry again. I can easily pick up any other moisturization hydrating face dream that works better, and for half less of its price.