October 20, 2014 | 1538 users online

Scrubs - Bioelements - Pumice Peel

rated 4 of 5 on 7/6/2008 10:23:00 PM More reviews by thumperb

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a serious scrub. If you are not careful, I feel like one can scrub their face off! My hubby loves it. It may be a bit too harsh for my soft face...I definitely can not use this more than once a week. If you want your face polished, I suppose nothing beats this.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/19/2008 1:38:00 PM More reviews by haddison

You can barely feel the tiny particles that are doing all the work, but Pumice Peel works great. Got rid of the pesky little white bumps on my cheeks after only a few uses. It would be better if they put it in a tube instead of that wide-mouthed glass jar with spatula, but I'll take it any way I can get it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2008 9:19:00 PM More reviews by BeagleLab

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

So far so good, I had to get this because of all of the raves here. I have only been using it a week, but I do love it. Seems to make my pores smaller and skin so soft. I do love the Biolelements concept and have other things from that line. Power Peptide is great too. I am not real fond of the packaging, since it is very difficult to get the top back on straight. I will update in a month.
UPDATE: This is an incredible product works so well. I usually use this the night before a business trip and the night I return, gets rid of all of the airplane gunk. :) I will buy this again and again.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/6/2008 2:19:00 AM More reviews by ghoo

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my favorite exfoliant and I have tried most all manual scrubs out there. It's like Remede Sweep but a thousand times better, IMO, because there are three times as many particles in there, but instead of irritating the face it just exfoliates it better than anything. I like it even more than many of the crystal-based microdermabrasion systems out there. I break out very easily from over-zealous exfoliating and large-grained scrubs but my skin has only improved in tone and clarity from continued use of this one.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/16/2007 4:37:00 PM More reviews by holiday11

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This might be the best scrub I have ever used! It has a great texture and leaves my skin glowing, but not red and exfoliated-within-inches-of-its-life. I got this in my Test Tube (fab program, BTW), and I think it is the best product in the three tubes I've received. I will definitely buy again!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/31/2007 8:44:00 PM More reviews by Valeria

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Yay, my favorite exfoliator. Its texture is really fine but still still powerful enough to get the job done. It leaves my skin smooth and amazingly radiant. The best part is no redness at all, I can go straight from scrubbing to makeup and not worry about red blotches. I have drier skin and it doesn't scratch it up or dry it out. I strayed from this to Kate in a Jar and I ran right back to Pumice Peel. A staple item in my cabinet.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/18/2007 5:47:00 PM More reviews by Juliet7781

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I love the results I get from using this product. Even days after using the product I catch myself in the mirror and cannot believe how healthy and glowing my skin is.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/1/2007 10:59:00 AM More reviews by mbanderson61

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I agree with the other reviewers that this is the best scrub/exfoliator that I have tried. I love the tiny particles and it leaves my dry skin glowing. I have aging (mid forties) dry skin and after using it, the dullness is greatly reduced. One caveat for other folks with aging skin, use it gently-no need to scrub hard! Our skin can be fragile! Although it is relatively gentle, you will definitely feel this product working.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2007 1:55:00 PM More reviews by cara1

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

Received this as a sample in my Test Tube. Love it! It leaves my skin so smooth and clearer looking. As others have stated it is very gentle as well. I will purchase the full size when my sample is gone!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2007 10:32:00 PM More reviews by RollerGirl1978

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

In the boutique where I work, we sell the Badescu line of skincare products. We first used the Bioelements line, and this is one of the few products that I have kept for the treatment room for my esthetics practice.

I found a lot of the Bioelements products to be, at best, way overpriced (pretty much everything) and, at worst, useless and even dangerously irritating to the skin ("enzyme" mask which contains not a whole lot besides some powdered clay and cinnamon powder to burn the skin to make you think it's doing something). Pumice peel, however, especially when used in conjunction with the Gel Therapy mask as a treatment is the absolute best mechanical exfoliator out there.

The grit is extremely fine, and, according to the Bioelements literature, the particles are also rounded. Of course, I have no way of testing this without a microscope, but the fineness of the particles alone makes it more gentle than, say, St. Ives apricot scrub.

I'm not sure if the consumer instructions say to do this like the treatment room ones do, but I've found it really effective to scrub with small circular motions for a minute or two then let it dry for a few minutes and repeat the circular motion for a couple more minutes before rinsing.

I gave this product a 1 on packaging quality because I think it would be better in a tube. It is soft enough to be able to come out easily, and I hate having to either stick my finger in the jar all the time (at home) or use countless stupid plastic spatulas and generate annoying waste (at work).

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No