October 23, 2014 | 1291 users online

Lips - Burt's Bees - Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg

rated 5 of 5 on 3/28/2008 4:08:00 AM More reviews by Mlssstaun

Age: 36-43 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I normally just wear regular lip balm so when I do wear color, this is it. I love the soft, coral-y shimmer. It's a really pretty shade that I think it would flatter anyone with warm-toned skin. It isn't very bright - I would almost call it a neutral - but it's not a nude or brown shade it spite of its name. There is the minty tingle to it but it's only noticeable when I first put it on. Otherwise, I don't feel it at all which is what I like about it. It doesn't feel waxy or cakey either. Like most tinted lip balms, it doesn't have the greatest longevity but it does leave a bit of a tint behind when it rubs off. I have been wearing this for awhile and will probably continue to do so for as long as they make it. Love it!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/20/2008 3:26:00 AM More reviews by blushingpale

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

The perfect warm shimmery bronze with soft burnt orange/ brick red undertones. There's no SPF in this product but otherwise it's HG. The balm is soft and moisturizing. There's a minty tingle, but it's not as strong as BB's regular lip balm. The color of Nutmeg is like a more-subtle version of Papaya (which was just too orange and frosty on me). If you suit warm tones definitely give this one a try. For reference I'm a very fair PPP (Mac NC/NW15) and neutral-toned. Nutmeg doesn't look orange at all on my lips but turns a sort of warm pinky-bronze. Still, if you are cool toned you should maybe give one of the other popular colors like Watermelon (soft shimmery pink) or Rhubarb (deeper muted pink) a try first. Enjoy.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/14/2008 11:21:00 PM More reviews by tooextreme4you

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This was the first Lip Shimmer I bought, and that was almost 4 years ago! Wow, how time flies...

It's a dark, shimmery orange (a color that I can't normally pull off). However, the shade of this orange is perfect on me and doesn't make me look like an idiot. I love the minty tingle and the packaging, too. I've been addicted to these and plan to buy tons more in the future!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/3/2007 6:35:00 PM More reviews by KMD

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I read the reviews on this many times before buying because the color looked so bright and orange in the tube, but I must say it is the most perfect "color" on me for when I want a change from my usual nude look. It wears nicely, and you can reapply as often as you'd like without the color building up too brightly. I love the little peppermint tingle too. Cheap enough to buy several, and have one in your purse, one in the diaper bag, one in the car etc...Very moisturizing too. I highly recommend this lip shimmer for warm toned ladies.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/6/2007 8:12:00 AM More reviews by kelliebell

What a great little tinted lip balm...so glad I was given this as a gift! The product is much skinnier than regular Burt's Bees but has the same wonderful scent (maybe a little lighter). It is pretty pigmented for a tinted balm, so people are always surprised to hear that it's Burt's Bees and not a lipstick. I have fair skin and the warm bronzey red color looks nice on me, and lasts. Try one!

rated 5 of 5 on 8/11/2007 4:29:00 AM More reviews by Queen_Saffy

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this!! I have nasty chapped lips and just about any lipstick will dry up my lips. Lipgloss is ok, but the colours rarely last past an hour. BB's Lip Shimmer in Nutmeg is a lovely nudish-brown colour on me that looks totally natural. The tingly peppermint sensation was actually kinda nice and lasted quite a while. Is it meant to have a lip-plumping effect? No matter. Too bad the other colours I'd placed orders for were OOS, but will definitely re-purchase this one in my next set of orders!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/6/2007 10:45:00 AM More reviews by ninadelsol

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

Beautiful color and great for redheads! It's a shimmery dark coral-y peach and it's been my favorite for about two years now. Moisturizing and minty. Love this product!! if the coloring works for you, buy 2-3 at a time since they seem to go pretty fast. My only con would be the price - packaging is definitely not worth the high price tag.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/3/2007 6:22:00 PM More reviews by waddlesworth

This is my favorite color of lip balm ever, but its such a small tube. It might be irritating for sensitive skin though. its made with lanolin and peppermint oil.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/23/2007 3:38:00 PM More reviews by zoegirl1987

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Other Eyes: Other

I adore the Burt's Bees lip shimmers, to the point that, on a day to day basis, I rarely use other lip products anymore(besides using the original Burt's Bees chapstick...which I have loved for years). I have very chapped lips, but I like a bit of color, and these products solves both issues for me. This color is a bit too orange for me to wear on it's own, I mix it with a bit of Raisin lip shimmer, though, and get this awesome deep coral, so it's still a winner. And it has the most gorgeous multidimensional shimmer.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/24/2007 9:49:00 PM More reviews by MatchSpas

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Really pretty color. I use this as both a blush and a lip color and gives my face a really pretty glow when I use it both on my lips and cheeks the same time. It's a really pretty color, I think it can flatter both cool and warm tones. You can sort of control how much color you get, I sort of "dilute" mine with vaseline but if you want more color just put more on. I love it!