April 16, 2014 | 1819 users online

Moisturizers - Olay - Active Hydrating Cream - Original

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 9/5/2011 3:56:00 PM More reviews by shortea

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I use the regular beauty fluid during the day and this at night. I have dry, sensitive skin - this cream moisturizes without being heavy or causing breakouts. I actually enjoy the scent, it doesn't bother me at all - the tub it comes in is also fine for my liking, as the cream is thick and it would be difficult to get it out of anything else.

rated 4 of 5 on 8/23/2011 10:07:00 PM More reviews by iidomosaur

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Black

My skin isn't too dry normally, so this moisturizes quite well for my normal skin. It also has a nice smell to it, which I do like, although I realized that some may not be too in love with this smell. The texture is nice & I love the packaging as well. I do recommend this moisturizer, & for it's price, it's super worth it because it does its job of moisturizing & it lasts quite a long time too! I've been using it for about months (although I don't use on an everyday basis) in generous amounts & I still have about half remaining!

Although I'm not too sure of how this product will work out for older women, as they would need more moisturizing on their skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2011 5:53:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

This product is ok. I don't see much of a difference with my skin. I have dry skin and it doesn't really help with the dry patches on my face. I think I need something stronger for my dry skin. I'm not too into the smell of this product either. At least it did not make me break out or itch. I also have sensitive skin. I think this moisturizer would be suitable for people with sensitive skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2011 3:57:00 PM More reviews by PixieDust22791

I love it, it works. It's thick and you dont need a whole lot, but I slather it on and rub it in real good in upward circular motions cuz I suffer nasty ugly dry skin haha. Olay prodcuts have helped me so much. This is one of the three night creams that I have tried. Olay complete night cream is awesome too, and the night firming cream is alright too. They all give me good results. Very moisturizing !!! I hate the cheap tub it comes in and I hate the scent. I hate scented shit going on my face and sadly every brand I like does that, clean & clear, neutrogena, and olay. Come onnnn.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/29/2011 12:33:00 PM More reviews by Gumah

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

It's kinda funny how I stumbled upon this moisturizer. My 72 year old mother uses this. I was spending the weekend at her house and forgot my moisturizer, and this is the only one she had in the house. She looks great for her age and apparently has been using this for years.

I will admit I'm not a fan of the smell. However, for the price this is actually a very good day moisturizer. I also use the much more expensive Hope in a Jar by Philosophy and I have to say this Olay moisturizer reacts much better on my skin. I don't get little bumps and my face is really smooth and hydrated.

The next time I saw my mom she showed up with a jar for me. I'm still using it but when it's gone I will RUN to the drugstore to buy another jar. This one is a keeper!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 6/24/2011 3:35:00 AM More reviews by deepseadivingsuit

Oh, Active Hydrating Cream, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways:

* I tried your more expensive sisters - none of them left my skin baby smooth as you do. I threw everything I could find at my permanently dry cheek patch, and you fixed it in three days, you clever thing, you!

* You are kind on the wallet and easy to acquire. You are an equal opportunity blessing!

* You smell good. This is important as you linger by my nose.

* You began as my night cream, then I couldn't get enough of you and started wearing you during the day as well, which you were perfectly happy with. I may have to give you up during summer, but rest assured, I will return for you.

* Sometimes I am overenthusiastic with you on my T-zone and you break me out a little. But it's always shallow one-day pimples, and the skin around them is sooooo moisturised.

* You are one-step. After struggling for years with three pots of overpriced crud in my bag, vainly hoping for dry-patch salvation... you are a revelation!

* You disappear into my skin so quickly! My skin is in the best condition it's been in since childhood. Please stay good to me, Active Hydrating Cream, and you will have a home forever. :)

15 out of 17 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 6/22/2011 4:17:00 AM More reviews by anjalisharma

It's my go-to moisturizer. My skin is changing and I needed something heavy for the sudden dryness I'm experiencing. I like it very much, but I would like some miracle product right now...however, I will stick to this one for now.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/21/2011 11:07:00 PM More reviews by pinkfrost52

I switched to this moisturizer last month after finishing a tub of another moisturizer. I really like this since it's currently Winter here so this has been good to help soothe my dry itchy skin and help prevent flakes. Not very greasy and absorbs easily and doesn't leave an oily film afterwards. The formula is quite rich so a little goes a long way. It smells super good too!

rated 3 of 5 on 6/13/2011 11:50:00 PM More reviews by sexyann

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am currently using this moisturizer day and night but I am looking for something better that will make my face feel more moisturized. With that said, let me tell you why I am using this right now. I have rosacea and because of that just about anything I put on my face makes my face red, burn, and promotes inflammation. This face cream doesn't do any of that, and, it's nice under makeup. My main complaints: my skin still feels tight after I apply this and I think I might be getting some cystic acne, but I'm not too sure about that. Still, until I find something better.
Update: I've decided to stop using this since it wasn't doing anything good for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/29/2011 1:29:00 AM More reviews by hailung

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I like the active fluid, needed something heavier in texture it was only around 6 dollars at Target, and it's great, use it mainly for a night time cream i really like the consistency and texture, it's hydrating! the smell is the same as the lotion form, this will be great for winter.