The Body Shop White Musk EDT

3.8

Not tested on animals
The Body Shop is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 10/17/2008 1:47:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

I have worn this scent on and off for years after discovering it in an airport shop years ago. I generally try to stock up when I get near a The Body Shop store, which isn't often, so thank goodness for the internet. I ♥ this scent. In general, only certain scents "stay" with me, as my body chemistry tends to kill off alot of things. But if it has musk, amber, or vanilla, I can usually still smell it later in the day. This scent stays with me all day, I can put it on early in the morning and still smell it when I go to bed. It's a soft, mellow, cozy light musk, not a "hit you over the head" kind. I personally think it is very feminine scent and I usually get compliments when I wear it. No, it is not one of those "complex" scents that will make you a mysterious and sensual creature. Rather, this is one of those scents that just makes you "smell nice" and is affordable for $24 for a large bottle. I notice alot of reviews mention it being a scent for younger women, personally I am in my mid-40s and don't intend to discontinue use of this any time soon.

on 10/1/2008 11:49:00 PM

This is without a doubt the best-smelling fragrance I have ever come across. It is fresh, clean, comforting, does not irritate my sinuses and doesn't overpower. The fragrance is a very light musk, innocent, delicate and nostalgic. I could not imagine a better scent. So why only 4 stars? Absolutely no staying power. I mean, I douse myself if the stuff and 5 minutes later can't even smell it. So it is pointless. I prefer the oil and will try the EDP next.

Since theres no review slot for the EDP, i'll review mine here.

I love this scent because its like that Demeter philosophy on childhood scents. This seems to have been around all my life. Friends of mine used it in primary school and most of the girls used it at secondary. I bought a bottle when i left school and i always seem to have a bottle of it. I'm 26 now and it conjours up so many memories for me. Such a warm comforting scent. Great for bed!

on 1/20/2008 12:02:00 PM

I always loved the smell of the White Musk line that TBS carries, but never really got around of buying anything. When I got a giftcard for my giftcard last year I decided to try the 30ml (1.0oz) Eau de Toilette. White Musk is a light clean musky scent that's ideal for hot summer days or for people who can't wear heavy fragrances. The only downside of this fragrance is the fact that is has almost no staying powder and fades in about an hour, so get the Eau de Parfum if you have the intention to buy this fragrance.

on 11/2/2007 8:41:00 PM

I had high hopes for this white musk. I have worn and loved other white musks in the past, the one from Naturistics was my all-time favorite (disco'd, impossible to find). The body spray from Parfums de Coeur is alright too, but it makes DH cough and choke when I spray it, so I don't buy it anymore. I tried this version and find that is a bit too dry and woody (or something) and does not quite satisfy. No point in trying the oil. So sad. No sale.

on 11/1/2007 11:18:00 PM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

I LOVE the smell, but it didn't last long. Get the EDP!! Theres no point in buying the EDT because the smell is gone in an hour or two.

on 10/28/2007 8:54:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure

This is my favorite scent to wear in the fall/winter. I always return to it, after working for The Body Shop almost 20 years ago! I prefer the EDT b/c it just leaves the faintest hint of the scent, then I like to layer it with the hand lotion throughout the day. The price point is incredible - that's one of the reasons I return to it after every new perfume "experimentation" (which usually means DH picks me up a new scent for Christmas that I like for only a week...) At this price, I can always have it in my arsenal of products.

on 10/20/2007 8:46:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral

My SO goes insane over this. He can't keep his hands off of me when I wear it. I have the whole line (this, the oil, shower gel, loton, and massage oil). I love both this and the oil. This is better when i want something a little lighter than the oil. And it's so well priced!

on 9/2/2007 8:31:00 AM

I bought this really cheap at a BS sale, I had a vague memory of one of my friends using this when we were younger and I always thought it smelled great on her. I'm usually not really into musk scents but this one is just perfect for me. It's very clean and crisp but never overwhelming. It dries down to this wonderful powdery musky scent that lasts throughout the day. I will definitely repurchase this when I run out.

on 6/24/2007 8:12:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

well i love TBS's White Musk Perfume Oil, it's one of my Top 3 favorite scents...but the EDT smells...well...different...really it does...the oil smells softer, warmer and more sensual overall...so i can't say much for the edt..it's kinda pointless...just get the oil, it smells better and lasts longer!

Popular Fragrances