July 28, 2014 | 1816 users online

Scrubs - Clean & Clear - Morning Burst Facial Scrub

rated 2 of 5 on 7/20/2011 10:00:00 PM More reviews by beautyinme

I like the citrus smell because it wakes me up in the morning. However, my skin couldn't handle this product. I guess it didn't work for me because I have dry skin. After one wash, it made my skin really tight and dry. There were dry patches on my cheeks and forehead. At least the micro-beads were gentle.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 7:57:00 PM More reviews by JACsMama

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This review is for the orange tube and the morning burst skin brightening scrub. I LOVE this stuff! Like I said in the C&C Blackhead Eraser Scrub, I've tried soooo many different face washes and scrubs including Proactive and some other expensive 'step' type of cleansers and nothing has worked as good as these. I use the blackhead eraser at night and the morning burst in the morning and my skin hasn't looked this good in years even back when I was on the pill which did wonders for my acne. Anyway, I was so amazed that a $3-4 scrub worked so well but it did. It's a great balance for me because it's not too drying but it's cleansing enough to leave my face feeling clean and refreshed. I'm not too sure about the 'wakes you up' part but it's still great! Both the regular morning burst in the orange tube and the morning burst skin brightening in the yellow tube work about the same to me and I can't tell a big difference. It all depends on which is in stock at my local dollar store because that's where I get them from. This is my HG face wash now!

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:39:00 AM More reviews by Blossom17

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Love this. I use this scrub everyday in the green. It smells decent and I actually do like the beads despite what some have said! This is perfect for people who don't have a bad acne problem, just a few red bumps here and there. Great use!

rated 5 of 5 on 6/17/2011 8:59:00 PM More reviews by daisyu7

I noticed how a lot of people have commented negatively about this product but this is probably one of my favourite facial products I have. :S I hardly see this in famous drugstores but I don't think it's being discontinued though. I really like everything about this.

I first tried this from a sample packet in a Cosmopolitan mag. and I liked the feeling and the scent the first time I tried it, so i bought the big one. It wasn't too expensive (around 4). I'd use this especially whenever I wake up tired. It does waken me up like what it says on the packaging. I love the smell and the beads also exfoliate my skin, so after drying my face with a towel, my face would always feel so smooth and soft, and it doesn't dry out my skin at all. I think it's the ginseng that gives me the "wide-awake feeling" I get from it :)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2011 2:30:00 PM More reviews by kissjacksparrow

the is a review for the orange one.

I should start off by saying that I normally would not buy a face wash like this. I usually stick to very basic face washes for sensitive skin for 2 reasons: 1) my skin can be a little sensitive to fragrances, and espcially my eyes 2) Paula point out in her book that fancy ingredients are worthless in a face wash because it's on you skin for a few second and then washed off --- that makes sense to me. However, I was tempted by the packaging - I'm a sucker for bright, cherry colors. Also, the scent. It's clean and invigorating, just like it said.

It's a basic gel, foaming cleanser with multiple sized plastic beads that are supposed to ex-foliate. To me, there aren't enough beads to really do very good ex-foliating, but it good for ever day use, and I use the St Ives Green Tea as my bi-weekly exfoliant. I use this in the morning, so I dont need to remove make up with it, so I can't comment on how it works for that, but I wouldn't recommend it. It has a ton of fragrance that can irritate the sensitive eye area.

Honestly, this product isn't anything spectacular - it does it's job, my skin is clean and I haven't experiences and adverse reactions, Other then the colorful packaging and the nice scent, there is really no reason for me to go out and buy more when I am done with the one I have, but it is something I would consider buying again when I get bored of my basic cleansers.

It is easily accessible and pretty inexpensive -- around $5 at the drugstore. You can find it on sale, and coupons are available from time to time online.

My only complaint is that whenever I see it in stores, it's like the bottle is 1/3 missing. It's so odd. Is there something wrong, or do they purposely make the tube too big for the quantity sold? I don't get it, but it make me feel like I'm being ripped off a little bit.

Anyways -- this is a nice daily cleanser if you are not using it to remove makeup around the eye area and you are not sensitive to fragrances and such. If you are looking for a good scrub, look elsewhere, but this is nice to daily, gentle ex-foliating.

rated 1 of 5 on 5/17/2011 12:21:00 AM More reviews by shoeandpursegal

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I was eager to try this, i have seen many on youtube bragging this product up...i was in a hurry and saw a trial size of this and since i was leaving for vacation i grabbed, well when i finally used this i thought the smell was awful, and the beads and overall product was bad feeling on my face! I'm so glad i only paid 99cents because after two times of using i threw away!

rated 3 of 5 on 4/11/2011 1:06:00 AM More reviews by ceriseangel2

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

The beads did not really exfoliate my skin but instead irritated it. I like how it cleanses my face and reduces the oiliness of my skin.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/25/2011 1:29:00 PM More reviews by kmbeauty86

This is my favorite skin cleanser of all time! I really can not rave enough about it! I've used this on and off again since I was about 12 years old, and every time I go back to it I'm reminded on how much I love it. I have tried both the scrub and the cleanser, but I really like the scrub more because you get more of the "bursting beads" and I find that it works a lot better. I have tried every type Clean and Clear has came out with, and my favorite is the Skin Brightening one. I have an issue with whiteheads and blackheads along with the occasional pimple and this is the only product that successfully treated all of those issues for me.

Another great thing is that these scrubs DO NOT break me out or irritate my skin. They work well at cleansing and they are not to harsh, so you can use them daily unlike some scrubs and exfoliators. They smell nice and clean, and don't over dry my skin. Overall, a product I would highly recommend for all skin types if you want flawless skin!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/25/2010 11:52:00 AM More reviews by Lemonz

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I happen to like this scrub.
No, it doesn't really do anything. It doesn't destory acne, unplug blackheads, nothing spectacular or life changing- but it does remove flakes and dry skin during the winter and it does leave me with baby soft skin. That's why I will repurchase.

During the winter I get very dry skin, all flaky and rough. It's practically like sand paper on my face. Warm water + a small amount of this scrub + gentle circular motions and all of that flakiness and roughness is gone.

I use it twice a week in the cold months, and once a week in the warmer months.

If you need to get rid of flakiness, this is a great scrub. It's gentle but it's effective. If you're looking for something to get rid of your acne, this isn't the scrub for you.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/2/2010 1:49:00 AM More reviews by dakota2010

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I received a sample of this product and I am glad I did not purchase the full-size tube. I love the smell of it, but when I used it, it felt like I was slashing my face with a bunch of sharp knives. I have never used a scrub that felt like this before. After I dried my face, it felt really tight and started to peel in places. Never again for this one :(