Jane Oil-Free Bronzing Powder - 07 Sunkissed Bronze [DISCONTINUED]

4.3

Price: $

Price: $

on 11/15/2008 12:08:00 AM

This is a really good bronzer. I am LLL and I use this to contour my face and it makes me look tan instead of orange. This bronzer only cost me 2 dollars too. I have about 4 bronzers and this is my favorite. There is a bit of shimmer to this though. The only thing i dont like is the brush that it came with. It's very scratchy. Other than that it's a staple item in my purse so far.

on 8/27/2008 7:27:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

This is a really pigmented bronzer for $4, you can't beat it. It does have shimmer, but that's why it's called "sunkissed". It gives you that glow. I love it.

PLUS, it's oil-free.

on 4/5/2008 8:04:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

Oh my god... after my HG bronzer was discontinued, I thought I would wonder aimlessly through the world of bronze for the rest of my years... but-- SALVATION! I found this today at Walgreens.

It is labeled as being for "Golden" skintones. I'm not sure if I am or not, I usually buy things for "warm," which was also offered but looked more terracotta. I took one look at Sunkissed and decided that for 3.99, even if I was wrong I could use it for a shadow crease or something. But miracle of all miracles, this is perrrrfect. It's just a hint pink (rather than orange, good!) and has an absolutely minimal amount of shimmer. It's not matte, which can often look muddy; nor is it one of those ridiculous sparkle-pots which should be marketed at tweens.

In short, I am in love!

Oh, and throw the cheap brush away... it's a nice thought, though.

***EDIT*** Oh, "le sigh." I was so happy with this. And I still do like it. It looks fantastic as I am applying it in artificial light and as far as I can tell it looks great at work, at school, etc. But I wore it on my décolletage today to match that skin to my face (thanks for the pale, winter!) and my guy friends asked me why I was "so sparkly." I looked down and whadyaknow, I WAS "so sparkly." While it's not full of glitter, the sparkles in it are larger than what I would consider a "shimmer" for sure. I will have to be more careful with this from now on, but I do still like it.

on 3/21/2008 2:42:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

I love this bronzer! This product has lasted me for over a year. Great quality and price. However, the brush isn't too great. I use my Boujois kabuki brush to apply it. It's not too shimmery and brighten my complexion.

on 8/17/2007 12:33:00 PM

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bronzer. I had been a MAC Bronze addict for years until on a whim (and in a crunch without any of my makeup) I tried this bronzer from a girlfriend. I have to say that it is amazing! Better than my MAC which has tendancy to look red if you over apply. PLUS it's only 5 dollars Canadian!!!! A third of the price of my MAC!!! It's virtually impossible to find a store that carries Jane products in Canada I bought two when I finally tracked it down. This bronzer should still be applied with a light hand at first and then build if necessary. Best of all, I was used to applying my MAC with the super expensive skunk brush but I used this Jane Bronzer with a really cheap brush and it still looked amazing. Gives a perfect brown tone with a slight shimmer (but not sparkly) looks how I would look if I actually had a tan. Serious HG Bronzer!!!!!

on 8/6/2007 10:27:00 AM

I have been using this bronzer for a couple years now. The main reason I use it is because it's one of the only bronzers I have found that doesn't leave streaks, it goes on evenly. It also isn't too orange, and I can apply it over my entire face when I'm tan. It goes on easily with a big powder brush. I use it everyday and one compact usually last about 2 months, and it's cheap. (About $4) My only complaint is that I wish there was a little less shimmer, although it's still less than most bronzers I have tried. If I found one that had no shimmer and went on as evenly as this, I would think about switching.

on 7/11/2006 3:09:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral

I would like to pick up a MAC bronzer ive been eyeing for the longest time, but this Jane bronzer is really very good considering its inexpensive. its not the slightest bit orangey, not oily, i can put this bronzer all over my face without looking like an oompa loompa. definatly something thats worth buying again. its shaped like the mac bronzers, cute little container, easy to apply with a nice big brush, and had just enough shimmer almost like a slight sheen of glow to your skin. definatly a keeper. :)

on 2/28/2006 7:01:00 PM

this product is ok the only problem i have with this is too much shimmer... not for every day wear...

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

this product is useless to me (i've used it once) because it contains so much shimmer/glitter. i could not use as an overall, everyday bronzer because of this. the one time i did wear it a friend stared at my face in daylight and commented that my face was "sparkly." hmm... not quite the look i was going for. too bad because the actual color is nice (not too orange, not too brown), except for the shimmer... the packaging is alright, although it's an ugly plastic bronze color, at least there's a mirror inside. the only thing i can think of using this for in the future *maybe* is to dust on my shoulders for going out at night, but this is not going near my face ever again...

on 1/30/2006 7:49:00 PM

Hair: Black, Straight, Other

I've got to put some color on my cheeks each day or I look like death! This is uber natural and non-streaky looking. It makes my cheeks and nose, forehead area look like it got the most beautiful little kiss of sun.

Popular Bronzers