July 31, 2014 | 1720 users online

Bronzers - Jane - Oil-Free Bronzing Powder - 07 Sunkissed Bronze [DISCONTINUED]

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2009 8:27:00 PM More reviews by wiccawonder

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I didn't want to give this bronzer a low rating just because it wasn't my color. This bronzer is very pretty and I'm sure it would work on a lighter skinned person but if your NC45 or darker skip it. The only thing that showed up was shimmer and I already have enough shimmer powders. So I will return this to Walgreens.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/15/2008 12:08:00 AM More reviews by Ivylim

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is a really good bronzer. I am LLL and I use this to contour my face and it makes me look tan instead of orange. This bronzer only cost me 2 dollars too. I have about 4 bronzers and this is my favorite. There is a bit of shimmer to this though. The only thing i dont like is the brush that it came with. It's very scratchy. Other than that it's a staple item in my purse so far.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 8/27/2008 7:27:00 PM More reviews by lesliexyang

This is a really pigmented bronzer for $4, you can't beat it. It does have shimmer, but that's why it's called "sunkissed". It gives you that glow. I love it.

PLUS, it's oil-free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/5/2008 8:04:00 PM More reviews by jusch_box

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

Oh my god... after my HG bronzer was discontinued, I thought I would wonder aimlessly through the world of bronze for the rest of my years... but-- SALVATION! I found this today at Walgreens.

It is labeled as being for "Golden" skintones. I'm not sure if I am or not, I usually buy things for "warm," which was also offered but looked more terracotta. I took one look at Sunkissed and decided that for 3.99, even if I was wrong I could use it for a shadow crease or something. But miracle of all miracles, this is perrrrfect. It's just a hint pink (rather than orange, good!) and has an absolutely minimal amount of shimmer. It's not matte, which can often look muddy; nor is it one of those ridiculous sparkle-pots which should be marketed at tweens.

In short, I am in love!

Oh, and throw the cheap brush away... it's a nice thought, though.

***EDIT*** Oh, "le sigh." I was so happy with this. And I still do like it. It looks fantastic as I am applying it in artificial light and as far as I can tell it looks great at work, at school, etc. But I wore it on my décolletage today to match that skin to my face (thanks for the pale, winter!) and my guy friends asked me why I was "so sparkly." I looked down and whadyaknow, I WAS "so sparkly." While it's not full of glitter, the sparkles in it are larger than what I would consider a "shimmer" for sure. I will have to be more careful with this from now on, but I do still like it.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/21/2008 2:42:00 PM More reviews by tam23

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I love this bronzer! This product has lasted me for over a year. Great quality and price. However, the brush isn't too great. I use my Boujois kabuki brush to apply it. It's not too shimmery and brighten my complexion.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/17/2007 12:33:00 PM More reviews by juliab14

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I LOVE LOVE LOVE this bronzer. I had been a MAC Bronze addict for years until on a whim (and in a crunch without any of my makeup) I tried this bronzer from a girlfriend. I have to say that it is amazing! Better than my MAC which has tendancy to look red if you over apply. PLUS it's only 5 dollars Canadian!!!! A third of the price of my MAC!!! It's virtually impossible to find a store that carries Jane products in Canada I bought two when I finally tracked it down. This bronzer should still be applied with a light hand at first and then build if necessary. Best of all, I was used to applying my MAC with the super expensive skunk brush but I used this Jane Bronzer with a really cheap brush and it still looked amazing. Gives a perfect brown tone with a slight shimmer (but not sparkly) looks how I would look if I actually had a tan. Serious HG Bronzer!!!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2007 10:27:00 AM More reviews by JuJeeMD

I have been using this bronzer for a couple years now. The main reason I use it is because it's one of the only bronzers I have found that doesn't leave streaks, it goes on evenly. It also isn't too orange, and I can apply it over my entire face when I'm tan. It goes on easily with a big powder brush. I use it everyday and one compact usually last about 2 months, and it's cheap. (About $4) My only complaint is that I wish there was a little less shimmer, although it's still less than most bronzers I have tried. If I found one that had no shimmer and went on as evenly as this, I would think about switching.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 5/24/2007 2:06:00 PM More reviews by joiseygirl27

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I have mixed feelings about this one. I bought it despite it saying on the package that it is for golden complextions because of the reviews on this site. I have cool fair skin. I used a big fluffy brush to apply it as I would a blush. It is SO pigmented. I hardly put any on the brush & it was so dark on my skin. It wouldn't blend at all. I wound up having to put a ton of power on top of it to tone it down. I noticed a little shimmer but nothing too bad. Edit: I am going to return this. I don't like how it wouldn't blend well, it was too dark & it made me break out. I bought Nars Laguna/Orgasm duo at Sephora & I am now using that.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/11/2006 3:09:00 AM More reviews by miaower

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Olive, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I would like to pick up a MAC bronzer ive been eyeing for the longest time, but this Jane bronzer is really very good considering its inexpensive. its not the slightest bit orangey, not oily, i can put this bronzer all over my face without looking like an oompa loompa. definatly something thats worth buying again. its shaped like the mac bronzers, cute little container, easy to apply with a nice big brush, and had just enough shimmer almost like a slight sheen of glow to your skin. definatly a keeper. :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2006 7:01:00 PM More reviews by jane22

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this product is ok the only problem i have with this is too much shimmer... not for every day wear...