NARS Gilda

4.4

on 11/9/2011 10:54:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Olive, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse

This is my favourite blusher. It's perfect for olive skin tones (specifically NC25-NC30). When I walked to the counter at Selfridges, the girl was North African (and I'm Middle Eastern). It took her about 5 seconds to pick out Gilda and took me about 5 seconds to say 'I'll take it". It's such a gorgeous coral, and, as with all NARS blushers, lasts a long time. Definitely recommend this for Mediterranean, North African and Middle Eastern girls!

on 9/9/2011 1:19:00 AM

I have a fair skin with a pink undertone and this blush is lovely on me. It does have a good colour pay off so you don't need much and the colour doesn't fade through out the day. This blush works particularly well on me when I am wearing a red or orange lipstick with minimal makeup on my eyes and when I am summer bronzed.

on 9/9/2011 1:07:00 AM

I was recommended this colour by the makeup artist at Holt Renfrew. She went as far as to re-do my entire face, using several products and finishing off with this blush. I've been meaning to find a non-shimmery version of torrid, my first fav NARS blush and this is it!!! I can wear it daily to work which is what I wanted.

on 9/2/2011 10:18:00 PM

a bit too bright orange and bright for my NC25 skin, but is still got good colour pay off, it lasts a lot longer than orgasm, guess because its much brighter and I could see it for longer. and I learnt to be very handed with this very quickly, otherwise it gives a clown appearance on me.

on 8/19/2011 7:27:00 PM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Coarse

I absolutely LOVE this blush. It is the perfect not-shimmery coral that looks amazing on lots of skintones. HG!

My blush HG...i can't get enough of this orange/pink blush. It is almost a terra cotta color but not! It is hard to describe but it looks AMAZING on the cheeks. I need many pans for backup..i love it. One of my favorite NARS items of all times! Try it!

on 8/6/2011 12:11:00 AM

Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm

I am a nars blush fanatic and even though I told myself I would stop after purchasing luster, taos, torrid, and taj mahal I found myself at nordstroms purchasing exhibit A, gilda,and gina. Gilda is a better, brighter,and more pigmented version of MAC melba. Gilda is a coral-pinkish blush that comes off as a melon color on my golden-olive skin. Its perfect for summer and just a great color overall.

on 6/18/2011 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure

I LOVE this blush! its great if you are tan, i know how hard it is for tanned people ti find blushes that don't make your cheeks look flushed. this is a great coral reddish blush. Gilda, Gina, and Luster are my fave Nars Blushes :)

It was the very first NARS blush I got many years ago. I was originally going to buy Orgasm but hesitated when I saw the tons of glitter in person. I was more into matte subtle looks back to my early 20s'. I followed the SA's recommendation and bought Gilda instead. I have to admit, it stayed in a little corner of my makeup bag for quite several months because I didn't know how to deal with this super highly pigmented matte coral blush; it was almost saying orange to me! But magic started one day: I rediscovered it and applied it with a larger fluffy brush and my obviously improved application skill, and there it was, surprisingly lovely fresh blooming coral. It was so nice that I just could not stop looking into the mirror LOL... That was when I got to realize that Gilda does have its own characteristic and deserves more appreciation.

P.S. also I find that when applied on the bottom half of cheeks, Gilda could give a less intense contour effect. Pretty nice.

on 5/14/2011 4:32:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse

Gilda is a perfect everyday color. For my darker (nc 50/ nw 45) skin, this blush gives a nice bit of soft coral-pinkish color without looking stark or overdone. This is the type of blush that is perfect for a job interview, the work environment, church or any other place you want a polished but understated look. Will definitely buy again.

Popular Blush Products