October 24, 2014 | 957 users online

Mascara - Maybelline - Full 'N Soft Mascara Waterproof

rated 3 of 5 on 4/20/2014 6:56:00 PM More reviews by jadefly

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I'm sad to say I returned my Full 'N Soft mascara. I loved how it thickened and lengthened while preserving the softness of my lashes to give a natural and pretty look. However, because I am so incredibly oily, it did give me raccoon eyes by the end of the day. Unfortunately, I'll have to keep looking out for my HG mascara here on MUA.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 4/19/2014 8:31:00 PM More reviews by MagnoliaState

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

L'Oreal Double Extend is my HG but MUB are always raving about this mascara so I decided to try it. I've used Double Extend for years. Time to see what new, right? The Full and Soft did a great job making my already long lashes look long. Also helped to hold the curl. They were indeed MUCH softer to touch than my L'Oreal mascara. My lashes were nice and separated which is a MUST for me.

The cons... my lower lashes smudged sometimes - not every time but sometimes. My L'Oreal NEVER smudges or flakes. Plus I think I had forgotten what a PAIN it is to take off WP mascara.

Wore it to pool on hot humid day. Did not get face wet or splashed. I had on big sunglasses. Smudged/ran like crazy! Racoon city! NEVER buying this mascara again.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/30/2014 10:53:00 AM More reviews by poetsdream7

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

First off, I know better than to depend on reviews to choose a mascara. I believe you actually learn more from the cons than the pros of a review. If someone says it's not voluminous enough, I know it doesn't clump, that's a plus for me. If they say the brush is too big, I know I will like it because big brushes always build my lashes nicely without clumping...and usually the rubber stopper that removes excess mascara from the brush is most effective (unlike L'oreal Voluminous, which is a fave on MUA and one of my mascara "oh, hell no's". Way too clumpy!!).
Anyway, Full N Soft (orig version) has been an HG of mine for years. I just discovered the w/p version and absolutely love it; no stiff, almost painful lashes. My lashes look naturally long, full and black w/ this mascara. The original wouldn't hold a curl, but the w/p version holds all day. I've experienced no smudging or flaking. Of course, it is a pain to remove, as w/p always is, but there's always a payoff. I don't use w/p mascara everyday, but when I do, this will be my go to.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 3/4/2014 12:39:00 PM More reviews by BubblegumKisses

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Cons first: It doesn't really add any fullness to your lashes, and if you're not careful and rub your eyes, this'll smudge.

Now pros: This mascara is very good for a natural, "no makeup" look. it holds a curl for almost all of the day, and does indeed leave your lashes very soft even after applying several coats.

Overall, I think this is a good mascara, especially for younger girls who are just starting with makeup. But I won't be repurchasing only because i wan't to try new mascaras.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

this is my HG mascara.
my lashes are pin straight and point downwards. I like my lashes to be very curled, pitch black, thick and plump.

this mascara separates my lashes and holds the curl all day and night. it's virtually impossible to clump, even if you put on several coats (which I do). no spider lashes either, just full and voluminous!

will repurchase forever

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must be using a completely different product! I hate this.

I have short sparse Asian lashes that enjoys a bit of clumping. Seeing all the positive reviews I was excited to use this mascara. This product does not make my lashes look fuller, it doesn't really hold a curl and I absolutely hate the brush. I can't apply the coats on without getting mascara all over my eyelid. The formulation also takes a little longer to dry than most and ends up smudging onto my crease.

Dreadful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by michelle1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is by far one of my favorite mascaras. it really adds lovely volume to my lashes and you are able to build up volume by applying multiple layers (i would do it quickly as it dries out fast). it doesn't bother my eyes and stays on all day and night. it does keep the lashes soft...you don't get the hard, crusty feeling as with other mascaras. its not the most cute packaging but that isn't really a big deal for me. it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by MAviva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know several people have said this mascara isn't dramatic enough, but it is for me! I have naturally blond eye lashes, and one coat of full n soft in black makes my eyes pop! This mascara keeps my lashes so soft and lasts all day - no clumping and only a tiny bit of flaking. My lashes are long and hold a curl (except for a couple lashes that don't behave - and this mascara doesn't keep those lashes in line either). I have to pair this mascara with my eyeliner powder if I want a full look because I can't get this mascara close enough to the base of my lashes. If I use the mascara alone, the blond base of my lashes is still exposed. Overall: love the coverage, love the staying power (doesn't run with my tears, does flake a bit when I rub), love that my lashes stay soft and separated and dark all day after 1 quick coat.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by circusriddle

For the record, I've used this mascara for three months now, so I think I've given it a darn good testing.

I turned to this mascara because I began to covet that clean, simple, natural look and I needed a mascara that would be soft, natural, and yet add something to my lashes. I went for the waterproof version because I do have oily lids and it seems as though everything I apply always winds up in a black smudge on the outer corners of my lower eyelid, and I don't ever apply mascara on my bottom lashes (don't need it.)

I have fairly nice lashes, they are not super thick but I do have a lot of them and they are pretty long as is. My lashes do fall straight forward so I always need a curl, and this product does a pretty good job of holding a curl. This mascara overall was not bad, but it wasn't good either. It gives the appearance of a single, small layer of mascara, which I suppose fits in with the "natural" look, and does not build well at all. I always have to be very careful with applying a second layer as it tends to clump my lashes up a bit and make them more spiky than feathery and soft.

Why is this called "Full n Soft?" It does not leave my lashes full nor soft at all. Its just as hardening as any other mascara, and it does not build volume at all. It gives a tiny amount of length and a black coating to your lashes, but that's about it. This stuff also smudges onto my lower eyelid not an hour after application so it does not stand up to my wearability test. I will say it is waterproof in the sense that its a pain to actually remove this stuff. I used three different makeup removers/cleansers and none of them worked, I had to break out an oil based and more expensive makeup remover brand to get this sucker off and even that was touch and go.

Well, if anything this mascara helped me discover that I do not like the "natural" look when it comes to my lashes, and that waterproof is non synonymous with smudgeproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this mascara and did a review on here of it quite some time ago. I had not purchased it in recent times because it had become somewhat hard to find. My daughter had went to pick mascara for herself and saw this and picked it up for me because it was on a Maybelline buy 1 get 1 half off sale. It was the w/p version and I usually don't like w/p. Maybe thats why I didn't like the results. It seemed drier than I usually like, and the brush was just too big for me to get all my lashes. The results were clumped, spikey, and just downright unattractive. Not to mention w/p is just a pain to remove. I would never repurchase this ever again. Don't even bother to try this disappointing product. I'm 54 years old and I'm still on my quest to find my HG mascara.