September 18, 2014 | 1376 users online

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 2/28/2014 6:29:00 PM More reviews by DurrtyLadle

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

this is my HG mascara.
my lashes are pin straight and point downwards. I like my lashes to be very curled, pitch black, thick and plump.

this mascara separates my lashes and holds the curl all day and night. it's virtually impossible to clump, even if you put on several coats (which I do). no spider lashes either, just full and voluminous!

will repurchase forever

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/15/2014 11:13:00 PM More reviews by composure

Age: 25-29 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brown, Other, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I must be using a completely different product! I hate this.

I have short sparse Asian lashes that enjoys a bit of clumping. Seeing all the positive reviews I was excited to use this mascara. This product does not make my lashes look fuller, it doesn't really hold a curl and I absolutely hate the brush. I can't apply the coats on without getting mascara all over my eyelid. The formulation also takes a little longer to dry than most and ends up smudging onto my crease.

Dreadful.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2014 3:31:00 PM More reviews by michelle1990

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

this is by far one of my favorite mascaras. it really adds lovely volume to my lashes and you are able to build up volume by applying multiple layers (i would do it quickly as it dries out fast). it doesn't bother my eyes and stays on all day and night. it does keep the lashes soft...you don't get the hard, crusty feeling as with other mascaras. its not the most cute packaging but that isn't really a big deal for me. it works great!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/14/2014 1:23:00 PM More reviews by MAviva

Age: 36-43 Skin: Normal, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

I know several people have said this mascara isn't dramatic enough, but it is for me! I have naturally blond eye lashes, and one coat of full n soft in black makes my eyes pop! This mascara keeps my lashes so soft and lasts all day - no clumping and only a tiny bit of flaking. My lashes are long and hold a curl (except for a couple lashes that don't behave - and this mascara doesn't keep those lashes in line either). I have to pair this mascara with my eyeliner powder if I want a full look because I can't get this mascara close enough to the base of my lashes. If I use the mascara alone, the blond base of my lashes is still exposed. Overall: love the coverage, love the staying power (doesn't run with my tears, does flake a bit when I rub), love that my lashes stay soft and separated and dark all day after 1 quick coat.

rated 1 of 5 on 1/1/2014 4:35:00 PM More reviews by circusriddle

For the record, I've used this mascara for three months now, so I think I've given it a darn good testing.

I turned to this mascara because I began to covet that clean, simple, natural look and I needed a mascara that would be soft, natural, and yet add something to my lashes. I went for the waterproof version because I do have oily lids and it seems as though everything I apply always winds up in a black smudge on the outer corners of my lower eyelid, and I don't ever apply mascara on my bottom lashes (don't need it.)

I have fairly nice lashes, they are not super thick but I do have a lot of them and they are pretty long as is. My lashes do fall straight forward so I always need a curl, and this product does a pretty good job of holding a curl. This mascara overall was not bad, but it wasn't good either. It gives the appearance of a single, small layer of mascara, which I suppose fits in with the "natural" look, and does not build well at all. I always have to be very careful with applying a second layer as it tends to clump my lashes up a bit and make them more spiky than feathery and soft.

Why is this called "Full n Soft?" It does not leave my lashes full nor soft at all. Its just as hardening as any other mascara, and it does not build volume at all. It gives a tiny amount of length and a black coating to your lashes, but that's about it. This stuff also smudges onto my lower eyelid not an hour after application so it does not stand up to my wearability test. I will say it is waterproof in the sense that its a pain to actually remove this stuff. I used three different makeup removers/cleansers and none of them worked, I had to break out an oil based and more expensive makeup remover brand to get this sucker off and even that was touch and go.

Well, if anything this mascara helped me discover that I do not like the "natural" look when it comes to my lashes, and that waterproof is non synonymous with smudgeproof.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/23/2013 10:22:00 AM More reviews by perfumejunky

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I used to love this mascara and did a review on here of it quite some time ago. I had not purchased it in recent times because it had become somewhat hard to find. My daughter had went to pick mascara for herself and saw this and picked it up for me because it was on a Maybelline buy 1 get 1 half off sale. It was the w/p version and I usually don't like w/p. Maybe thats why I didn't like the results. It seemed drier than I usually like, and the brush was just too big for me to get all my lashes. The results were clumped, spikey, and just downright unattractive. Not to mention w/p is just a pain to remove. I would never repurchase this ever again. Don't even bother to try this disappointing product. I'm 54 years old and I'm still on my quest to find my HG mascara.

rated 3 of 5 on 12/23/2013 9:19:00 AM More reviews by ivy1

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I depend on makeupalley.com to help me find products, and I spent way too much time recently reading mascara reviews before I settled on trying Full n Soft Waterproof. I'd been using Avon Wash-Off Waterproof for a long time, but wanted to try something that promised more volume. I shouldn't have chosen the waterproof, I guess, because this stuff leaves smudges under my eyes after the end of the day. Avon Wash-Off Waterproof never left smudges. Also, for me, the brush was much too big to maneuver the corners. The formula was very nice in itself; natural, but more volume-building than Avon Wash-Off Waterproof, which is what I wanted, but even a small amount of smudging at the end of the day is too much for me.

Update: I tried Clinique High Impact (again, based on reviews here at MUA) and I like it. I will leave a review for it on its page.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/1/2013 4:23:00 AM More reviews by PiMehMeh

Loved the washable version of this mascara as it left my lashes full and soft, as named, with minimal effort and no more than 2 swipes to built significant volume. I understood that waterproof formulas of the same product were not going to necessarily be the same as the washable formula, but I wanted to love this product even more than the washable version thinking that it was everything I loved + waterproof and long-lasting.

I'm wondering if maybe I just got a bad/old batch (however the mascara was brand-new and expectedly wet). The waterproof mascara I used fell short of everything I hoped it would be. It did not build volume well, if at all. If I layered it twice like I did with the washable one, it clumped and created spider lashes. It pretty much flaked toward the end of the day even with one layer. The wear of this mascara was not as soft and comfortable on my lashes as the washable version. I assume this is not gel-based like Maybelline's Mega Plush Waterproof Mascara, but it creates a look and feel exactly like it.

Full 'N Soft waterproof mascara might be great for those who want long-lasting, natural lashes, but it was full of fail in too many ways on its own, and even moreso compared to its washable Full 'N Soft counterpart. Other great mascaras I've tried that leave lashes soft and with natural to buildable volume include Neutrogena Healthy Volume Mascara, Clinique High Impact Mascara, and Josie Maran GOGO Argan Mascara, although these are all washable and vary in staying power and curl hold. Might just be the waterproof component causing stiffer lashes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/29/2013 1:27:00 PM More reviews by GacktCamui

Age: 30-35 Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really do like this mascara. I have stick straight Asian lashes that fall down as soon as non-waterproof mascara is applied. But this one really holds a curl on me and holds it all day. The effect is "natural" looking and soft. My eyes look dolly-like but not overdone dolly. Adds a bit of length as well and a teensy bit of volume, but don't expect a whole lot of oomph. It's just a very nice everyday-feel-pretty mascara. I actually love layering another mascara on top because my curl doesn't fall down and I can really build up big, thick eyelashes.

But it does smudge at the end of hot + particularly oily days. It's not super waterproof. I've worn this through a day of mild river rafting and had smudges underneath my eyes at the end of it.

It's easier to take off compared to most waterproof mascaras but still not super easy. I find lashes on my make up wipes. That would be the minus 1 lippie.

One of my favorite drugstore mascaras though and I would continue to buy.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 4:58:00 AM More reviews by moosefied

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Black

i like the idea of my lashes look full and feel soft. too bad on me it didnt give me so much fullness, but yes my lashes feel soft. i like mascara that gives me more dramatic result. this one is ok for everyday use.