August 29, 2014 | 1291 users online

Liquid - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Makeup

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 12/29/2013 6:35:00 PM More reviews by sistermlo

I just started wearing liquid foundation and I was struggling to find a formula that would work with my combination, acne prone skin. I went back to the Neutrogena Matte formula, but found it, oddly enough, to be too oily. I then read reviews on Almay and decided to give it a try. I purchased the Buff color, which when compared to other brand's "Buff" color, was much lighter and more neutral in tone. I usually have to get the Ivory color in most brands, but not with Almay. For me, this was the first sign that I would like this foundation. I have never found my true foundation color in any brand I have ever tried. I have a yellow-neutral undertone with a light-medium complexion. Ivory is way too light and the next shade up (usually buff, beige, whatever) is way too orangey. I am usually forced to go with Ivory, since I would rather look like a ghost then a pumpkin.
Almays Clear complexion foundation in Buff is almost my color, but the difference is really not noticeable. The coverage is moderate, not at all full. It does not completely cover my scarring, hyper pigmentation or acne, but it does just a good a job as any other. Besides, I personally do not like to completely cover my imperfections. My reason being, is that I feel I would look way to fake and made up if I tried to cover everything. I know people see my bad skin, and I guess in a way I am owning up to my imperfections (though not completely-I do tone down redness and discoloration).
I apply this foundation with a latex-free sponge (though I have never used a latex sponge...do they even exist?). I usually do one light coat, and then I sponge a bit more foundation around my imperfections to give them slightly more coverage. I also wear Loreal's BB cream underneath, which gives my foundation something better to adhere to. With this combination, I typically do not feel I need to then apply concealer, unless I have a cyst.
The foundation doesn't seem to be helping with my acne, but it is not causing any acne. I have been wearing this foundation for about 2 weeks. I have combination skin (very oily in summer though) and since it is winter my skin is drier. The foundation does not seem to be making my dry skin even drier.
So far, in my 15 year career of wearing foundation, I like this foundation the best, hands down. Even better then Neutrogena.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/25/2013 4:16:00 PM More reviews by Anne80

This has been my daily foundation for almost a decade (or whenever it was introduced to the line). I keep trying other similar foundations, but Almay still beats them all. Buildable coverage. It comes in a pump form. "Buff" matches my skin tone perfectly, too - I need more of a yellow undertone instead of the usual pink. It doesn't seem to oxidize, stays on skin in all weather conditions. Hasn't irritated my sensitive skin. The only two possibly negative things are that it has no SPF coverage and doesn't seem to heal acne (but it definitely doesn't trigger breakouts). Overall, I love this foundation and can get it at any drugstore or grocery store in the USA for under $15. I started using SPF lotion underneath it or SPF finishing powder. I wish it would help reduce discoloration and scars, but can't ask for everything. I've found it's best applied with a sponge.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/14/2013 10:12:00 PM More reviews by perfectionseeking

I'm usually too lazy to pick a shade of foundation that fits me so I buy BB cream.. but after reading many articles saying you shouldn't keep your makeup too long I decided I should buy something new. I have a great skin regiment but haven't been able to get perfect skin - I wanted to be able to put makeup on with out feeling like I'm making it worse.

I'm not sure if this will clear my skin.... but I don't feel guilty about putting it on. I think it has great coverage (but I'm used to BB cream coverage at the moment), and I find that it lasts all day (with powder on top).

This makeup is great at covering the red tone in my face which Is great. Its non irritating. Can't remember a smell from it. Love the pump that gives me just the right amount - and it has a very light texture which is surprising considering the great coverage I get from it!

rated 5 of 5 on 12/4/2013 12:15:00 PM More reviews by Ztaylor92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I LOVE this foundation more than I can say! I have struggled with moderate to bad acne my whole entire life and I have very oily skin. This foundation took away the extra oil, and cleared up my skin in just about two weeks! I could not be more grateful! The coverage is about medium, and if you put it on with a beauty blender, the coverage is great. It stays on pretty well throughout the day, I usually touch it up if I am going out, but besides that I am pleased. Truly an AMAZING foundation. However, if you use other acne products (not including perscription acne medications) you should be careful because that might dry out your skin too much since this product has salycylic acid, albeit in a small amount.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 12:43:00 AM More reviews by supnikkki

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I love this foundation so so so much! I have oily skin so finding a foundation I found to be a challenge. I found it to have medium coverage, doesn't feel heavy on my skin, doesn't irritate my skin, and works well with my oily skin. I like especially is that is has natural extracts in it (which you don't come across all the time in liquid foundations) and has a pump (which helps prevent from any contamination). This foundation will will NOT make your pimples worse, but don't expect it to be some sort of magic potion that gets rid of them (that's what your skin regime is for)

I use this with my Clinique Blended Face Powder, and in combination, the two leave my skin looking oil-free, matte and almost flawless (which isn't something you commonly hear from someone with oily skin) without being too "cakey"

rated 4 of 5 on 11/23/2013 6:03:00 PM More reviews by Plooosh

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I recently bought this foundation after hearing some good reviews and after using Revlon Colorstay it had broken me out a little and needed a foundation for my little spot days.

I also wanted a foundation that would only last a couple of hours and that I wouldn't need a heavy duty coverage, I am pleasantly surprised at how great this product is!

I put the foundation on at around 3PM ready to go out and at around 11PM it is still on and is near perfect, just a little off around my nose. It says no where on the bottle that it is long lasting as i've also bought Almay TLC for longer days (which is untried) and it has lasted so long!

Pro's:
- Relatively Long Lasting
- Not hugely drying
- Feels great
- amazing price ( I paid 3.50 GBP)
- is almost like Estee Lauder Double Wear which is 10x the price!

Cons:
- The colour selection is a little limiting and very yellow, I picked Ivory and it's still a tiny bit dark
- The colour seems to have gotten a little darker through the day, not hugely but a little.
- It says for oily skin and I have combination so that's probably why but it can highlight some dry area's just a warning!
- BIG CON: like Double Wear it has the greycaste and with flash photography you can appear very...white. So it's great for day to day wear but not nights out :)

An AMAZING foundation for the price that I bought it for, plus it's meant to help the skin breath and help demolish spots. Overall I love it and wish i'd tried it sooner! :) x

rated 4 of 5 on 11/2/2013 12:09:00 AM More reviews by chenhilei42

This is a killing product for those who have oily or acne-prone skin!!! It rapidly removes the excess oil once you apply it on your skin and it does a great job clearing up the skin and preventing breakouts!! But make sure you don't use it in the dry winter time, cos it can make you skin look really cakey and flaky.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/23/2013 2:08:00 AM More reviews by natasa88

i really like this foundation. it has light to medium buildable coverage. it feels light on my face and it stays on quite well. i love the pump bottle. it dries up existing pimples and doesnt clog pores. i will continue using this foundation.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/20/2013 8:07:00 PM More reviews by esornart

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

My face has been irritated, sensitive and prone to break outs. I thought I would give Almay foundation a try because it states, "makeup made for sensitive skin".

I meant to purchase the TLC foundation but I wasn't paying attention and grab this one (Clear Complexion). I am NW20 in MAC and I got this in 200 BUFF. It is a tad to light but still works for my skin tone. I have tried high end foundations such as Giorgio Armani, Guerlain, Lancome, Estee Lauder, Makeup Forever, Covergirl, Shu Uemura etc. This foundation works just as well as the high end foundations.

PROS:
- Does not irritate my skin any further
- Medium coverage
- Good oil control
- Great for Combination to Oily Skin
- Does not break me out
- Has a pump
- Inexpensive

CONS:
- None so far.

rated 3 of 5 on 10/8/2013 11:45:00 PM More reviews by Beautifulmakeupguru

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

Good and works