October 20, 2014 | 1152 users online

Pressed Powders - Milani - Pressed Powder

• Price: $

rated 3 of 5 on 10/23/2005 12:15:00 AM More reviews by tambien

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I liked this powder a lot - the biggest plus for me was the yellow-based color, very rare in drugstore brands. Picked this up in Golden, a close match (GGG, NC42/60 Watts). Coverage is nice, keeps my face oil-free. But I've always had a problem with powder foundations in that they made my combo skin break out, and this one did the same. Otherwise, I would recommend this powder if this isn't a problem. It's a decent powder for the price range.

rated 5 of 5 on 9/23/2005 9:09:00 PM More reviews by Babalu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I am continually pleasantly surprised by the wonderful quality of Milani products, and their pressed powder is no exception! Beautiful, yellow based shades, smooth application and gorgeous finish. I have a bucket-load of pressed powders that just SIT ever since I purchased this! I also think the sleek gold compact is much nicer looking than other drugstore powders!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/13/2005 4:09:00 PM More reviews by aznbebebabe

Wow oh Wow!!! I love Milani Makeup. The price is very inexpensive for such quality items. For my asian skin tone(stila e roughly), I can never find a powder that can match my skin tone. Milani is an excellent line for ethnic women, since their colors are superb. I have this pressed powder in Golden, and it matches nicely. I noticed that a lot of other people in my skin range wear Buff, but Golden is perfect for me right now. I am a little tan right now, and the golden is perfect. I use this as a touch up powder. It is sheer and light, yet blurs my imperfections. I took a lippie off for the rather strong smell, but I love this so much that I will keep buying it agian and again. Also, I do not like that this line is a little hard to find. Overall, try it.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2005 4:00:00 PM More reviews by CWAHED

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I am AFRAM (African American)a MAC C5/NC45. A true GGG. I purchased this powder in golden. I must admit that I don't purchase many drugstore brands, as I hate the matching game, I normally have to play. The name itself, made me feel SEXY (hee hee). I love it. the color is true to my skin tone, the package is lightweight and easy to carry and whip at a moments notice. It quite fragrant but stunning. I can even swipe it over my face with no foundation and I can be "perfect". The powder itself is fine milled and not grainy at all. It goes on like silk.

rated 3 of 5 on 3/21/2005 1:42:00 PM More reviews by Srhg

I liked the price and the slimness of the compact.But i CANT stand the breakability of the compact and the color selection.I have pale skin so i had to by the product 3 times to even come close to what i thought was my shade because it was too dark/yellow. Although once the compact broke it made excellent loose powder. What i recomend is to buy the compact and turn the pressed powder into loose powder

rated 4 of 5 on 2/28/2005 1:02:00 AM More reviews by MARY48

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I just bought this compact in NUDE yesterday. I must say that the compact is nice enough to pull out of your purse, yet if I lost it I wouldn't be gnashing my teeth like if I lost an expensive collectible compact, which I own a few. The color is nice, texture is great. The price of course, that's the deal maker. And over all I am impressed with this line. I am anxious to try more from it.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/16/2005 12:14:00 PM More reviews by wdenise6

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I brought this powder in ginger which ended up being to light and so I took it back and brought the next color which is too dark. There was such a big difference between the two colors. I am african-american so the range of colors to me is terrible. However, If I could find this powder in the right shade I would like it because it went on very smooth and kept me shine free.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2005 10:15:00 PM More reviews by flamencovixen

I don't find the compact bulky at all. From what I have seen at Walgreens, there are three types of colors - the light, the medium, and the dark. Since my skin is light (with yellow tones), I looked at the light colors they have. Of the lighter colors, I noticed that they have three colors for those who have yellow undertones and three colors colors for those who have pink undertones. The light yellow under-toned colors are (from lightest to darket): Buff, Beige, and Golden. I love how these powders are actually yellow-based! I wish that there are more colors because Buff is too light for me and Beige is too dark. Right now, I try to mix them before I apply.

rated 2 of 5 on 10/12/2004 8:39:00 PM More reviews by emisgreat20

Nude is the color for me, and it works well and the powder even has a nice smell. But the thing that is imperative in a pressed powder is the portability, and for this product it strikes out. Not only did it crumble in my purse(which I can tolerate), the newly freed powder managed to escape the compact and mess up my purse. That is my number one cosmetic pet peeve, and considering it is a compact and the main feature of compacts is that they are portable, so this little guy gets major point deduction. I'll be finding a new pressd powder now. continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 9/24/2004 7:29:00 PM More reviews by medeia13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have Buff and it's amazing. It's the perfect color for me and it doesn't cake up or look chalky. The compact is bulky, so the packaging is my only complaint.