October 20, 2014 | 1895 users online

Eye Shadow - MAC - Frost - Naked Lunch

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/17/2013 2:43:00 AM More reviews by kimwhittkeli

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I first wanted to buy this product because I saw Selena Gomez talk about it in a magazine! The mac eyeshadows are a little pricey, but this one is worth it! It gives little color but it is very neutral. I love putting this over the mac paint pot Barestudy because the paint pot is shimmery so when I put this over it it becomes more shimmery but not in an overwhelming way. I usually also use the mac eyeshadow Wedge in my crease to make a natural looking eye.

4 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 6/10/2013 10:38:00 PM More reviews by livetodance

My pot got gummed up, so this wasn't going on right. When I loosened the pot up I was very happy with this shadow. It is a nude/pink shimmer shadow that I use over my lid as a base color. It looks good on my fair skin (N4). I'm thinking it may not show up on medium toned skin though. Not sure? I will not purchase again because I plan on buying an Urban Decay Naked palette, which contains a similar color.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/29/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by hughesblues

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

After searching high & low for a shade I had in my head, I finally found Naked Lunch! It is the perfect shade - natural yet interesting & pretty. Excellent staying power and does not crease. The only issue I have is that I suspect it is irritating my contact lenses towards the end of the day.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/21/2013 6:33:00 PM More reviews by sarah1208

Pale girls beware! I wanted to like this eyeshadow so bad ... the formulation is really nice, and all the swatches online made the colour seem beautiful. But when I went and swatched it on my hand, the colour just looked terrible, and completely different than what I was expecting. For reference, I am extremely pale (MAC NW/NC15 is too dark for me), and on me naked lunch swatched as a darker goldish/ pinkish shade .... not at all what I was expecting. I gave the shade 3 lippies because on others it's a beautiful shade, and I loved the texture. Just maybe avoid this one if you are super fair and give Shroom a try instead.

4 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 6:20:00 AM More reviews by lollsazz

The pigmentation is good, the shadow is smooth and it's easy to pick up on my brush. It's long lasting, not powdery, not chunky.
For me it's a 4 because I can only use it when I'm NC15, and I can't really make it opaque - else it brightens up my eye too much. It's a light pink-nude shade with tiny shimmers - very day appropriate. The shimmers are good at highlighting the area/bring light to where you applied it. I can't really say it's versatile. You know: some shadows one can apply more of and get more colour, and it can be adjusted to many skin tones. I don't consider this one to be quite like that because it's such a light colour :/
Mac eye shadows are good when it comes to staying power, but I can't lie - you need a primer under this if you don't want it to crease into the folds in your eye during the day. It's not really a problem though - the eyeshadow can be fixed easily just by using your finger to blend it a little again.
It's a good eyeshadow that will last you a long time, since you probably will only need a little on each application. The only thing you should consider is if you actually like the colour. I bought this because I wanted something nude for everyday, but I liked Era better for the purpose.
I have put in the picture of my eyeshadow palette (the big black one) for comparison - on my screen the colours look quite accurate.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/7/2013 4:59:00 AM More reviews by One1Cherry

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is one of my favourite shadows. Doubles up as a highlighter ands gives a lovely sheen to my cheekbones. For me, it's just right, not overly shimmery nor too metallic. It's lovely on the eyelids and cheekbones. To me, mac's shadows tends to be more unique compared to other brands. Naked lunch may be just another champagne color but to me it's more than that. I think way more thought went into its design. I love the pink undertones that brightens up my skin, the subtle sheen looks natural and glowy at the same time.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/29/2013 2:30:00 PM More reviews by princesspippa03

i love this M.A.C eye shadow it is a really nice base for a shimmery eye its a great neutral and i think it would be good for a first M.A.C eye shadow :)

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/9/2013 4:09:00 PM More reviews by msh9899

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

MAC's Naked Lunch didn't work for me but I still think it deserves 5 lippies because it is a beautiful color and a high quality eye-shadow. It's expensive but worth it in terms of pigmentation & lasting power. Having said all that, even though MA showed me how to apply it w/ a fluffy, natural bristle brush to tone down the shimmer & to acheive a lighter application, I still felt the shimmer was just too much for my liking. I tend to go more for the "natural" look & NL is a tad flashier than I am comfortable w/. I also have a fair complexion (NC/NW? 20-25) & 40+ year old eyes. For all those reasons, NL is not for me but it's still a gorgeous color & a great product.

rated 1 of 5 on 3/6/2013 12:18:00 PM More reviews by modelsoup202

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Black

I do not know if I got a bad one, but the Naked Lunch I got did not even show up on my skin. There was absolutely no pigmentation to the eyeshadow. I immediately returned it because I cannot justify spending $15 on an eye shadow that does not even show up on my eyes. Beautiful color though just doesn't show up.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2013 5:05:00 PM More reviews by brokeassprincess

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Hazel

My favorite Mac e/s! I wear this every day as an all over the lid color with Haux e/s in the crease. Beautiful combination.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No