September 30, 2014 | 1328 users online

Lip Treatments - Paula's Choice - Lip Exfoliator

rated 2 of 5 on 11/30/2003 5:39:00 PM More reviews by Naya1975

I dont know what Paula was trying to prove with this one. The idea is nice-lip exfoilation because we all know how thick gloss and cheap lipstick can build up dead skin and dry out your lips but when you apply this stuff i dont even know if your really rubbin off dead skin or the product.I think its the product. Its waxy and worthless. Your better off taking a toothbrush and vasaline and giving them a good scrub! UPDATE I ACTUALLY USED THIS PRODUCT LAST NIGHT BECAUE MY LIPS WERE PEELLING AND DRY AND IT WORKED ALRIGHT! YET MY VIEWS STILL HOLD UNTILL FUTURE NOTICE.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/22/2003 6:04:00 PM More reviews by birdgirl

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

OUCH! I obviously have the old version, so I should just toss my dried up jar. It was creamy & usable when I got it, so this review is a bit late coming! The first time I tried this on chapped lips I thought I would die. I learned something: that chapped skin is well, a scab that is trying to protect raw skin underneath. I'm surprised I didn't draw blood! The newly expose raw skin crusted over & when that finally fell off, my lips were baby-butt smooth. But oh the humanity! 8P

Update, 12/16/03: I still have this stuff, even though its dried out. I've found that if I add a few drops of water to the thick mess in the jar & rub it in circles, I can make a creamy smear that I can apply to my lips. However, as my original review noted, I don't use it on really chapped lips - only on slightly flakey lips, and then I'm still very careful!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/26/2003 6:42:00 AM More reviews by Aphrael813

Totally don't get it - rubs off some dead skin but it takes too much effort and time to do it on a regular basis. I tossed it after 3 uses. The packaging sux too.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/15/2003 12:19:00 AM More reviews by AprilH

I gave this another try after being assured it had been reformulated. I'll take their word for it that the product was reformulated but it didn't do any good. It still dried out with more than half of the product left. I think it is more of a packaging issue than a problem with the formula. I would guess that Paula can reformulate it as many times as she wants and it's still going to dry out as long as she keeps it in the jar packaging. I really don't see why she doesn't go to a tube since that would be more sanitary as well. Anyway, up until the time this product dries out it does work well to keep lips soft and smooth, particularly when used in conjunction with a good lip balm. Once it's dried out it becomes much more difficult to use and you pretty much have to toss it. For those who like this type of product you might try Mary Kay's satin lips exfoliator, which comes in a tube (I would warn that the MK contains menthol which was ultimately too irritating for my lips over time). Or try BeautiControl's Lip Apeel, which is a lip exfoliator and lip balm in a combined packaging. That one also comes in a jar but for whatever reason the product stays "fresh" and moist a lot longer than Paula's does. At this point Paula's just isn't worth it because of the amount of product that gets wasted. A shame. :(

rated 2 of 5 on 6/13/2003 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Metaphora

I am not sure about the reformulation. I purchased a jar after it had been reformulated. It still dried out and became unusable in just a few months. Perhaps I was sent the original product instead of the newer one.

In any case, this exfoliator works nicely when it's brand new. I only managed to get one use out of it though (I don't need lip exfoliation very often). The rest had to be tossed. Waste of money unless Paula repackages it so it won't dry out.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 2/3/2003 12:22:00 AM More reviews by MaryEllen

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Blue

This is the worst product of its kind I've ever tried. It's supposed to have been reformulated so it doesn't dry out as quickly, but it does become useless in a short period of time. It tastes awful, goes on thickly, and while it works, it doesn't work well. If you're in the market for a product like this, try Alchemy's lip scrub--it comes in a tube so it doesn't dry out, has a light cinnamon taste, and works every bit as well for about the same price (considering you'll have to throw out at least half of the PC product since it will have dried up into a rocklike substance that can't be revived).

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/28/2003 1:22:00 AM More reviews by hlww74

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a great exfoliator for dry, chapped lips! I use it at night before bed, put on the PC lip balm and wake up with a smooth smile :)

rated 4 of 5 on 12/24/2002 9:29:00 PM More reviews by smookitty

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

Great stuff. Very similar to something by Beauticontrol I used several years back, but much cheaper and a huuuuge container. Allows you to rub all your old nasty dead skin off your lips. Makes my lips much smoother before applying lipstick. It's a definite must for me if I'm going to wear matte!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/24/2002 6:50:00 AM More reviews by anallise

Only just got this and already I'm in love! I have full lips that tends to get really dry and no lipbalm in the whole world helps. But this exfolidator takes off the dead skin and provide a good base for lipbalms. Great stuff! Will always keep this near by. =)

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2002 10:14:00 PM More reviews by Sugar76

Age: Unknown Skin: Oily, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

I agree with the majority of the reviews. Nice product, but it dried out too quickly. I had to pitched mine with over half the product still left. Would consider repurchasing if it was packaged in a tube.