December 19, 2014 | 1639 users online

Shampoo - Kerastase - Bain Volumactive Shampoo

image 0image 1image 2

rated 1 of 5 on 6/5/2010 12:30:00 PM More reviews by ffsb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

OMG - I am so mad at myself for spending $30+ on not just the shampoo but the conditioner, too. I wish I read these reviews first, but it was an impulse buy . . . :) I am so glad I read the reviews, anyway, because I thought I was going crazy. This shampoo has actually made my hair worse: it has dried it out, frizzed the ends and will not hold a style. I kept wondering if it was the Kerastase, but I thought, "How could it, it is so expensive and highly recommended!!" Now I know it is the Kerastase. The conditioner isn't any good either - it leaves a sticky, thick residue in my hair, and when I use both the shampoo and conditioner together, it really won't hold a style and the ends of my hair look fried . . . and I just got my hair done recently.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 1/13/2010 11:13:00 AM More reviews by mainlinediva

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

One word...BLECH. This shampoo dries my scalp out to the point that my scalp flakes! Luckily I got a sample first. This is really one the worst shampoo's I ever used and I've tried a ton of them. The only nice thing I can say about this poo is that it smells good, that's it.

rated 3 of 5 on 1/5/2010 10:47:00 PM More reviews by SandraDCV

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't see what the big deal is with Kerastase products here on this site. It even says L'Oreal on the bottle, how GOOD can it be? It was just mediocre shampoo. It cleaned my hair and didn't smell bad. I have no clue why this brand is so expensive.
I was about to go into a high end salon on the UES for cut and color. I saw they used Kerastase and chose to go elsewhere. Typical shampoo that should be 1/4 the price and sold at drugstores, IMHO.

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2010 10:02:00 AM More reviews by Renske87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Great shampoo! I have thin but a lot hair! The shampoo works for me. I always shower in the morning and the next morning my hair is still poofy. It smells great.

rated 2 of 5 on 9/30/2009 7:18:00 AM More reviews by principalk

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I had high expectations for this product, as I tend to favor Kerastase for all of my hair care. I was very disappointed. Like the other reviews, it offered nothing in the way of volume. Further, it made my hair rather static-y and made styling much more difficult. I would even go so far as to suggest that my hair had less body than it generally does without any product. I have fine hair, but lots of it, so generating volume is not a totally difficult task. I also have color-treated blonde hair. I usually use the Green or Pink Kerastase line for shampoo and something yellow for conditioner. I will stick with those, since this was not impressive at all.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 7/29/2009 10:14:00 AM More reviews by condesadepitimini

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Other, Fine Eyes: Green

...and I have 2 full bottles of it!!
Yep, I am a fan of the Green Kerastase line, I mean I swear by Bain the Force and Age-Recharge deep conditioning mask; I also have fine, chemically treated hair (highlights) and I surely need volume. So I tried Volumactive, and I also got one bottle for free as a prize. Now I am on my first bottle and I am not satisified.
I find that it dries up my hair, making it frizzle, electric and unmanageable (I have weavy hair that I flat iron in winter, and leave it "as is" in summer); however, I ned volume in my roots and some help wiht the waves when I want a natural style. Volumactive shampoo gave me no volume, no decent curls (I had to pour on tons of Potion 9 to hydrate and get some softness in my hair when blowdrying).
I expected great things and I regret my Bain de Force (that is outstanding).
And I have two full bottles to use up....

rated 3 of 5 on 4/19/2009 10:08:00 AM More reviews by heiress33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

i have really thin hair so i bought this shampoo as the customer service lady said it was the best shampoo in their shop!! ive been using it for a while now and I wouldnt say that it gives volume but it makes your hair feel clean. i wouldnt reccomend it for people that want big hair. the price is pretty expensive and its not much content.

rated 1 of 5 on 4/9/2009 3:11:00 AM More reviews by ninanoodle

I have straight fine hair, normal at top, dry at the ends.

As I've just started blowdrying it I wanted to splurge on a decent shampoo and conditioner and got both the Volumactive Shampoo and conditioner.

Used for 2 weeks (washing my hair every 2-3 days) and Sooooo disappointed.

My hair is even drier after use (I towel dry before using the conditioner and leave on for a full 5 mins). I don't really notice any volumising benefit either.

Can't throw away of course ...way too expensive. Let's hope I go through a hormonal oily period in the next few months....

rated 2 of 5 on 2/28/2009 9:27:00 PM More reviews by floydus

this shampoo smells amazing and the lather is nice. When you first wash it, it looks good, but a couple of hours later it's silky greasy. Maybe it would work on thicker hair, but mine is very fine and it seems a bit too moisturizing for me.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/18/2009 12:54:00 AM More reviews by kjjamm808

I found this shampoo to leave a film on the hair and not make it feel as bouncy as most volume shampoos are supposed to. If you are looking for bounce & weightless feel, try Amplify by Matrix. I did not care for this, but the Bain Chroma Riche is fabulous- made my hair feel clean and full of shine!