November 22, 2014 | 1706 users online

Moisturizers - LUSH - Celestial

rated 4 of 5 on 8/21/2013 11:06:00 AM More reviews by babystrange

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

I use Celestial twice daily. In the morning before my makeup, and at night, before bed. It is not as lightweight as Vanishing Cream (which I also love). My skin tone is really even with the use of Celestial; I rarely wear foundation anymore. I do get a pimple from time to time but I attribute that to horomones, and not Celestial.

I use Celestial after my shower, followed by a bit of TheBalm concealer under eyes and around nose, followed by a dusting of loose powder and then the rest of my makeup. Celestial has therefore sort of become my foundation. My skin is left hydrated and dewy all day. Some have complained it is too greasy, but I prefer the healthy, dewy glow I get with Celestial over a matte look (which I don't generally prefer except in the heart of winter).

I will always repurchase; I love this moisturizer. I gave it only 4 stars because I do wish it had SPF.

rated 2 of 5 on 7/29/2013 3:12:00 PM More reviews by Jenghes

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I used to love my facial moisturizer from Arbonne until they discontinued it. Was settling for Aveeno until I find something that I love again.

First off, I love the smell.

This moisturizer makes my skin very oily and shiny all day.

This also makes my face break out into little pimples.

Back to Aveeno, I may just use this up on my hands and not purchase again.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/17/2013 11:41:00 PM More reviews by DaniDaae

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I wanted to love this, and I did for about a week in winter, and then it gave me loads of infected pimples around my mouth. and I only used a smidgen!! maybe I should've kept it in the fridge?

rated 3 of 5 on 7/2/2013 8:44:00 PM More reviews by SlyBlue

I bought this moisturizer a few months ago, and haven't even gotten through half of it. Reading all the great reviews about this moisturizer, I decided to purchase this along with some other LUSH products I wanted to try.

First of all, the scent is AMAZING. It smells like Häagen-Dazs' vanilla ice cream, very yummy. The feeling when I put it on, however- Is not so delicious. My skin does not handle well with greasier moisturizers, and Celestial left my face feeling like I hadn't bathe in a week. That being said, I broke out pretty badly a few days after (It was really bad, but the thing is- I never break out that badly before).

These days, I just use it on my hands. I won't repurchase.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2013 3:55:00 AM More reviews by Spookz

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

i have been repurchasing this for more than a year.

i have really sensitive skin and this worked amazingly well with my skin soothed it down.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2013 5:38:00 PM More reviews by TaniaRides

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I think I've tried all of LUSH's face creams at this point and they all turn my skin into a disaster. Celestial manages to make my face more dry and I get horrible, deep breakouts along my cheeks whenever I use it (even with the very first use). I gave up on it entirely after a week. It does have nice, soft, vanilla pudding type of smell to me, but the cream itself is a nightmare on my skin. Not moisturizing enough *and* makes me get huge breakouts.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/28/2013 5:05:00 AM More reviews by vw1983

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

This works very well for dry, combination skin. Very moisturising, i had a lot of redness, dry, flaky, peely patches, and its cleared them up noticeably in a few days. Not completely, but i have noticed an improvement. It is a light weight formula, my only bad point is that i find it a bit greasy, dont like the feel of greasy stuff on my hands, but not that much of a big deal, i can wash it off my hands after all. Smells very coconut or almond like, quite nice.

rated 3 of 5 on 4/1/2013 9:38:00 AM More reviews by aubsan92

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I was slightly disappointed by this product, but I think only because of my expectations. I expected it to be a lightweight, non-greasy formula to use in the summertime as a moisturizer. I tried it out in the late summer and it was so much thicker (even when applying a small amount) that it had to be put away for the winter. However, that said, it works great for the colder months in Boston where I live. It takes a little while to soak in, but it makes your skin sooo soft. I'm very fair and my skin gets irritated easily, but I generally don't have problems with breakouts. So, if you're looking for a nice clean winter moisturizer, then this works. Keep in mind that a little goes a long way for this stuff and if you use too much, you'll think it's way too greasy. Just a pea sized amount for the whole face works just fine.

rated 2 of 5 on 3/30/2013 10:06:00 PM More reviews by Peachx

I'm disappointed with this moisturiser, I usually love moisturisers by LUSH, because they're so light and refreshing but this is quite the opposite. I find the texture quite strange- thick and balmy, it's sits on top of my skin feeling sticky and heavy. I quite like the scent though- comforting and slightly vanillary. I don't like to give anything from LUSH a bad review as I'm such a massive fan of their products but this one just wasn't for me.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/13/2013 3:36:00 AM More reviews by bethanaimeexo

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Green

This is my favourite moisturizer! I have severely sensitive skin that breaks out in cystic pimples every time I change a product in my skin care or make up routine. I had just tried out a new cleanser and my skin had broken out worse then it ever had before, on a trip to lush I was purchasing some items when I noticed how soft the cashier's hands were and she said it was from testing that moisturizer out on them all day, so originally I was going to use this on my hands. However, I tried this on my face for a few days and my face started to completely clear up and after a week or so it was like the breakout had never happened. Amazing. I do this it is overpriced seen as you can buy the natural ingredients alone for cheaper, but I love it so much that I will just keep buying it!