Absolutely brilliant! Sinks in easily and doesn't leave my hands greasy, I even like the smell. Kiehl's generous (30ml) sized trial tube is perfect for my handbag too. A winner all round :)
Best for my dry winter hands. I like the way it smells too--kind of neutral/medicinal/olive-oily. Its hydration lasts and lasts on me; a real difference. The small tube is easy to keep in multiples at home and work. Simple, kind of expensive, and very effective.
Update: I purchased a full size for my mom, and I was suprised that she didn't rave about it, she said it was ok. I was like hmmm...so I visited this last weekend and I tried it. Um this is NOT what I had in the sample! I was like I'm sorry mom this is horrible, I totally got a sample of this and my hands were velvety...this full size is just garbage.
I got a sample of this and i tried it for the first time last night. Let me say...OMG! I felt like I woke up with a brand new set of hands and feet this morning. Amazing!! I knew this was something I just have to purchase full size because even AFTER I washed my hands and went about my day my hands were STILL so SOFT! Love it! Although its my first try, I will definatley update if there are an adverse effects. But so far none! This might be HG...
I have fair skin and reynaud's syndrome which leaves me with dry, red hands. I bought this 2 days ago and am amazed at the improvement - skin is a more even colour and texture.
The quality of the packaging is poor - I had to return the first tube as the hinge was broken. And, at this price, that's unacceptable.
But the results so far are stunning. Hope to see more over the next few days.
This is great, especially if your skin cracks in the winter. It is long lasting and absorbs well. Make sure you know how it smells as some people i know hate the smell(i personally like it)
* My hands – Normal for the most part but my knuckles do have a tendency to crack in cold weather.
* Review – I have been searching for a nice unscented hand cream for a very long time now. I was so disappointed with the highly-rated Neutrogena Norwegian Formula hand cream as I found that texture gross and unpleasant. I just want a hand cream that moisturizes, doesn’t smell like a bottle of perfume, absorbs easily and doesn’t feel sticky or gross. That’s it. Easy right? After trying and throwing out too many hand creams like Dove, Nivea, Palmer’s, L’Occitane Shea Butter, etc., it’s actually not as easy as I thought it would be. Well, thanks to this Kiehl’s Ultimate Hand Salve, I have finally found what I’ve been looking for. Squeezed out of the tube, it feels thick but once applied, it manages to blend and absorb into the skin easily. For me, it feels like a protective layer on my hands and my hands do not feel greasy or slick – my computer keyboard, iPad and iPhone screens are not smudgy and gross! The faint gender-neutral scent is subtle, almost unnoticeable which is nice because my SO can use it too (he avoids anything that is perfume-y). He also likes how smooth my hands feel now whenever we hold hands!
* Cons - A little bit pricey for a hand cream, thus one lip off for pricing.
* Tip – This hand cream works great when applied before bed, I wake up with soft moisturized hands.
* Price - €17 for a 2.5 fl. oz – 75 ml tube.
* Verdict – This is a nicely formulated hand cream.
This is hands down (no pun intended!) one of the best hand creams. It works wonders if you have dry skin. It fills in your cracks with moisture. It makes your cuticles feel great and smooth. It smells great and is super thick.
I wash my hands a lot at work and have to use pretty heavy duty antibacterial washes all the time so I am dependent on a good hand cream and am willing to pay a reasonable amount for a product that delivers.
- thick balm that is soothing to dry and chapped skin
- gets absorbed quickly and stays moisturizing until you wash your hands again
- not greasy
- no fragrance
- non irritant.
- it is expensive for hand cream.
This is another Kiehl's product that I love. Forgot how I stumbled upon it. I believe it is suppose to be marketed toward men but I love it. I like the smell and it absorbs quickly. I have bought many tubes of this over the years. It is kind of pricey but I haven't found anything cheaper that smells and works as well.