October 2, 2014 | 1000 users online

Lotions/ Creams - Kiehl's - Ultimate Strength Hand Salve

rated 5 of 5 on 11/8/2012 12:40:00 AM More reviews by oldjuly

Exactly what my hands want in winter

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/18/2012 2:16:00 PM More reviews by leavingthingsbehind

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I am on the fence with this Kiehl's product.

It is not a bad hand cream: utilitarian, unisex packaging, availability in two sizes (got a bigger 150 ml one for 19 in Kiehl's new boutique in Edinburgh), inoffensive, very weak smell but as to the performance, I still have to be persuaded by its superpowers.

It is not sticky, which is great, it does not leave marks on my nice Macbook Pro keyboard ;) but it does not seem to leave any protective residue either and it does not hydrate my cuticles well enough though at the same time it does not seem to dull the colour of my dark red nail polish as many other hand creams do.

To sum things up, I will use this ginormous package thoughout autumn and winter but I will not repurchase when it finishes.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/6/2012 1:26:00 PM More reviews by shi1

To start off, I'll just say that I don't have particularly dry hands but I do live in an area with severe winters.

This is a no-fuss type of hand cream that does what it says it will. It is moisturizing, absorbs quickly and is non greasy. It has a light eucalyptus scent which goes away after a while. The price is a bit high but around the same cost of other high quality hand creams. The packaging is simple and functional.

Its not that I don't like this hand cream, I just prefer something that feels/smells a little more luxurious. I've been using Crabtree & Evelyn hand creams for years which feel a lot silkier and smell a lot nicer so that's just my preference. I would recommend this to someone who is looking for a no-fuss, non-girly type of cream.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/20/2012 11:52:00 AM More reviews by emorris4

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

Ohhhhhhh this is good stuff. The Tampa airport happened to have a mini Kiehls store and I felt like parting with some of my money. They let me try it before buying. It's a very thick cream, but also absorbs very well (a dab will do ya.. you only need a pea sized amount).

I've tried a slew of hand lotions (Neutrogena, Eucerin, Suave, Aveeno, Curel...) and this is one of the best. Ironically I'd say the second best is a Suave hand lotion that they no longer make (~$3). Sigh. Yes this one is pricier than the other ones, but not by that much. I spend $14. Neutrogena/other brands can be around $8.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/8/2012 12:01:00 PM More reviews by 4ngel

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

HG hand cream. I love this stuff. I get contact dermatitis quite often so need something really heavy duty.

It's not greasy, nor does it have a distracting or bad scent.

Yes, it is really expensive, but I am willing to pay the price as it's so good. If you suffer from extremely dry hands, give this one a go, you won't regret it.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/12/2012 11:30:00 PM More reviews by USCgirlie

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Brown

I've used this hand cream on and off for the past year along with Jack Black's Hand Healer cream, but never realized just how effective Kiehl's hand cream is until my recent business trip to NYC. Whenever I travel to non-humid places, my skin has the tendency to get very dry from the hotel soap. To make things worse, I tend to wash my hands a lot and use hand sanitizer, so my hands were extremely chapped and dry, to the point that they felt sandpaper-like. In desperation, I looked up where the nearest Kiehl's store was in NYC, and went to buy the hand salve. That evening, I used the hand salve several times, making sure to massage the salve well into my hands. Miraculously, the next day my hands weren't chapped or dry anymore! I used the hand salve throughout the rest of my trip and thankfully it worked extremely well. I will remain faithful to this hand salve now that I've seen just how effective it iis.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/2/2012 1:51:00 AM More reviews by Cheryn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Fine Eyes: Brown

Really good for super dry hands! Strongly recommend!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/5/2012 1:18:00 PM More reviews by Sophie1995

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

This hand cream is excellent for winter. It's very thick but not greasy. It's just perfect

rated 5 of 5 on 2/15/2012 12:27:00 AM More reviews by VoR

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Grey, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Absolutely brilliant! Sinks in easily and doesn't leave my hands greasy, I even like the smell. Kiehl's generous (30ml) sized trial tube is perfect for my handbag too. A winner all round :)

rated 5 of 5 on 1/29/2012 4:20:00 PM More reviews by crees

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Best for my dry winter hands. I like the way it smells too--kind of neutral/medicinal/olive-oily. Its hydration lasts and lasts on me; a real difference. The small tube is easy to keep in multiples at home and work. Simple, kind of expensive, and very effective.