December 19, 2014 | 827 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

image 0image 1image 2

rated 5 of 5 on 1/22/2014 8:15:00 PM More reviews by bellamoma

Age: 36-43 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I've been using this for years! Love it. Fair matches e perfectly and covers spots really well. Excellent blendability, buildable. I have very sensitive skin and this never irritates. Only con I can think of is I don't think the SA in it is all that active but on the bright side it doesn't make things worse or cause new breakouts. Have bought a million of these and will buy a million more!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/14/2014 2:10:00 AM More reviews by hannahps

I have clear skin normally with a few small breakouts here and there. When I have a red spot, this is my holy grail concealer. Although it tends to dry out my skin a bit, what it also does is zap that zit in 1-2 days. The lightest shade is perfect for my skin tone and the coverage is better than my Benefit Boi-ing (on actual pimples). Also, it feels great to be able to apply concealer without worrying about it making my pimples worse!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/9/2014 11:35:00 PM More reviews by lollycat99

I love this stuff! The consistency is perfect and it covers blemishes really well and for me, it lasts all day! The thing is, is that is has a doe foot applicator so if you apply the product directly to your face, you might spread bacteria and may cause more breakouts. At least that's what happened to me, so I just put it on the back of my hand and apply to my face. I don't see too many people talk about this product but it is very decent!

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 9:48:00 PM More reviews by Mbhamster

This product is the worst I have ever used. I have acne around my forehead and cheeks and this didn't conceal anything. The lightest shade is like bright orange. And it drys out my skin and leaves big crusty marks. It also leaked out of the package. Overall, I wonder why this has good reviews.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 5:48:00 PM More reviews by KatWKSF

I had been using the Revlon equivalent for several years, and now I can't find it anymore (maybe it was discontinued). I liked the Revlon better, because it was the ColorStay formula in addition to having the salicylic acid (SA) skin-clearing component (hard to beat that combo). In its absence, I purchased this, and it seems to be serving the same function pretty well. I use these kinds of concealers as my "foundation." I DOT (VERY SMALL DOTS) in the areas where I have discoloration, acne scaring, or other redness, and then gently blend in. Obviously I also dot a little onto any current blemishes. I then lightly dust with the Neutrogena Skin Clearing Powder. That's it. I think this system keeps my skin under control 2 ways: 1. both the concealer and the powder I use contain the SA, and 2. wearing minimal make-up prevents clogging pores with make-up that don't need to be covered anyway. I noticed that one of the pics on this product profile is actually for a different Almay product. This review is for the product in the long tube with the white cap and the doe-foot applicator. (The pic with the gel in one tube on the end is a different product). Whether I use the Almay or the Revlon version of his kind of concealer, I use the same system and I would never be without. As far as hygenic packaging goes, I don't have a problem with the applicator (because my finger or brush that blends it isn't 100% germ-free either, let's face it). I just replace the product frequently and it isn't cost-prohibitive to do so.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy crapola!!! This product is amazing!!

JUST KIDDING.
THIS PRODUCT IS THE MOST MEDIOCRE THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE MYSTICAL WORLD OF MAKEUP.

For reference, I have moderate acne, some mild acne scarring, and pale skin.

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty ladies and gentlemen. *dramatic music*

PROS:
*Lightest shade is a great match for my skin.
*Good price
*Didn't break me out

CONS:
*Packaging. Not convenient. Only because this is made specifically for acne prone people. If your main clients are acne prone, WHY IN THE SWEET LORD'S NAME WOULD YOU PEASANTS AT THE ALMAY COMPANY MAKE IT SO UNHYGIENIC You can't use it straight from the applicator, because you would just be transferring bacteria causing more acne. Would be better in a tube.
*It does oxidize, that is a big issue for me. I have to make sure to powder every spot with concealer in it.
*Didn't exactly help clear up my acne, which it claims to do,but like I said,at least it doesn't break me out.

HOW I APPLY:
I apply this over foundation. It's not heavy enough to withstand underneath foundation. I use a Sigma Precision flat top brush to make sure I get a good amount of coverage, then top with powder everywhere, I REPEAT- EVERYWHERE, that I applied the concealer. This is CRUCIAL step, otherwise it will not last. I apply the powder with a powder puff, not a brush, just to make sure no makeup wipes away.

NOTE: I have used this as under-eye concealer before when I was in a pinch, but I wouldn't recommend it. Leaving it on the under eyes for too long will make them drier than my sense of humor.

While I don't exactly hate this product, I'm not necessarily excited about it's existence. I use it because I bought it, and I'm not going to waste my good money, however I do prefer to use a pot concealer I bought from Sally's Beauty Supply. I also like the one from N.Y.X. If you're looking for a heavy duty concealer, pot concealers are the way to go.

Overall this concealer is simply mediocre. It's not a miracle working product, or something to use when you want stealth-mode coverage, but it's an okay product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a decent concealer for acne. I have been looking for a product to cover the small amounts of acne on my oily t-zone, and stumbled across this product. It claimed to heal your blemishes while it concealed and had me sold. I mean, who wouldn't want their acne treated while covering it? I am warning to those with sensitive skin this has salicylic acid in it, so if you are allergic or sensitive to salicylic acid do not buy this. But, I have no problems with it. It covers fairly well, but dries out my skin if it touches around the pimple, which is avoidable. Lasts a decent amount of time. Overall good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by aligeorge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Almay Clear Complexion Concealer for over 6 years. I have tried other more expensive concealers (MAC, Clinique, etc.) and have never received the same results as I have with this Almay concealer. Great coverage for acne marks and scars and stays put all day when set with powder. I will continue to use this product till the end of time (hopefully this is never discontinued)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff (better than the matching foundation). Great coverage, lasts long and did dry out my blemishes. Not much else to say, I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just started using this, but I'm liking it so far.

A lot of people have had issues with this due to a limited shade selection but the light shade matches pretty well for me. It is not pink-toned, but more neutral, if a teensy bit orange. I really like the way this blends; it sets to a medium-to-full coverage finish that doesn't look obvious or feel heavy. Blending doesn't mean it just wipes off, either, like it does with some concealers. This stuff covers the redness of a blemish beautifully and also makes the raised bump less noticeable. It lasts very well, through workouts and workdays, without oxidizing or caking. This concealer does contain salicylic acid - this is what is supposed to help fight the blemishes - so this is a spot treatment only and shouldn't be used on undereyes or unaffected skin (obviously) However I have found that using it on the unaffected skin near blemishes does not bother or dry out my sensitive skin.

I don't recommend continuing to use this after blemishes dry out/heal/only become a red mark as it seems to prolong the acne marks left behind and delay them from fading.