October 2, 2014 | 1906 users online

Concealers - Almay - Clear Complexion Blemish Healing Spot Concealer

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 12/9/2013 9:39:00 PM More reviews by hayleyelwick

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

Holy crapola!!! This product is amazing!!

JUST KIDDING.
THIS PRODUCT IS THE MOST MEDIOCRE THING TO EVER HAPPEN IN THE MYSTICAL WORLD OF MAKEUP.

For reference, I have moderate acne, some mild acne scarring, and pale skin.

Now let's get down to the nitty gritty ladies and gentlemen. *dramatic music*

PROS:
*Lightest shade is a great match for my skin.
*Good price
*Didn't break me out

CONS:
*Packaging. Not convenient. Only because this is made specifically for acne prone people. If your main clients are acne prone, WHY IN THE SWEET LORD'S NAME WOULD YOU PEASANTS AT THE ALMAY COMPANY MAKE IT SO UNHYGIENIC You can't use it straight from the applicator, because you would just be transferring bacteria causing more acne. Would be better in a tube.
*It does oxidize, that is a big issue for me. I have to make sure to powder every spot with concealer in it.
*Didn't exactly help clear up my acne, which it claims to do,but like I said,at least it doesn't break me out.

HOW I APPLY:
I apply this over foundation. It's not heavy enough to withstand underneath foundation. I use a Sigma Precision flat top brush to make sure I get a good amount of coverage, then top with powder everywhere, I REPEAT- EVERYWHERE, that I applied the concealer. This is CRUCIAL step, otherwise it will not last. I apply the powder with a powder puff, not a brush, just to make sure no makeup wipes away.

NOTE: I have used this as under-eye concealer before when I was in a pinch, but I wouldn't recommend it. Leaving it on the under eyes for too long will make them drier than my sense of humor.

While I don't exactly hate this product, I'm not necessarily excited about it's existence. I use it because I bought it, and I'm not going to waste my good money, however I do prefer to use a pot concealer I bought from Sally's Beauty Supply. I also like the one from N.Y.X. If you're looking for a heavy duty concealer, pot concealers are the way to go.

Overall this concealer is simply mediocre. It's not a miracle working product, or something to use when you want stealth-mode coverage, but it's an okay product.

rated 4 of 5 on 12/2/2013 8:31:00 PM More reviews by thejazzshak

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

This stuff is a decent concealer for acne. I have been looking for a product to cover the small amounts of acne on my oily t-zone, and stumbled across this product. It claimed to heal your blemishes while it concealed and had me sold. I mean, who wouldn't want their acne treated while covering it? I am warning to those with sensitive skin this has salicylic acid in it, so if you are allergic or sensitive to salicylic acid do not buy this. But, I have no problems with it. It covers fairly well, but dries out my skin if it touches around the pimple, which is avoidable. Lasts a decent amount of time. Overall good product.

rated 4 of 5 on 10/18/2013 12:24:00 PM More reviews by aligeorge

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have been using Almay Clear Complexion Concealer for over 6 years. I have tried other more expensive concealers (MAC, Clinique, etc.) and have never received the same results as I have with this Almay concealer. Great coverage for acne marks and scars and stays put all day when set with powder. I will continue to use this product till the end of time (hopefully this is never discontinued)!!

rated 5 of 5 on 10/7/2013 7:49:00 PM More reviews by aliengirrl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Green

I LOVE this stuff (better than the matching foundation). Great coverage, lasts long and did dry out my blemishes. Not much else to say, I will definitely keep repurchasing.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 8/8/2013 8:47:00 PM More reviews by SHeust

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

I just started using this, but I'm liking it so far.

A lot of people have had issues with this due to a limited shade selection but the light shade matches pretty well for me. It is not pink-toned, but more neutral, if a teensy bit orange. I really like the way this blends; it sets to a medium-to-full coverage finish that doesn't look obvious or feel heavy. Blending doesn't mean it just wipes off, either, like it does with some concealers. This stuff covers the redness of a blemish beautifully and also makes the raised bump less noticeable. It lasts very well, through workouts and workdays, without oxidizing or caking. This concealer does contain salicylic acid - this is what is supposed to help fight the blemishes - so this is a spot treatment only and shouldn't be used on undereyes or unaffected skin (obviously) However I have found that using it on the unaffected skin near blemishes does not bother or dry out my sensitive skin.

I don't recommend continuing to use this after blemishes dry out/heal/only become a red mark as it seems to prolong the acne marks left behind and delay them from fading.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/29/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by Kylaah27

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Green

I thought this would help my acne but I guess my acne is way too severe for this. It didn't break me out but there are only 3 shades, so unless you're really fair, medium, or really tan, you're out of luck. The light was too light for me and it didn't stay on for long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/25/2013 3:30:00 AM More reviews by Megan6205

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Oily, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This is great stuff! Coming from a girl with acne and combo/oily skin. It doesn't break me out, and it has great coverage! It lasts a long time too!! The only issue I have is that it's really hard to find.

rated 3 of 5 on 7/11/2013 11:17:00 PM More reviews by Lilil95

This concealer is good. It has medium coverage but it looks a tad cakey and doesn't last very long.

rated 5 of 5 on 7/10/2013 8:11:00 PM More reviews by GwenBrianne

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ooooh! Almay Clear Complexion Concealer. AMAZING! And I'm not just saying that.
Okay, so I am fifteen years old. I have pale skin. It's oily. Got a lot of acne. And I'm sensitive to MANY things.

I was looking for a good concealer that would cover my pimples but would NOT break me out. I tried a few others before, and so far every single one I bought would make my skin worse. Ugh. I was getting SO frustrated.

And then, one day, I was looking at reviews here on MakeupAlley, and I found this one. Everyone said it was great! I mean, a concealer that helped HEAL the pimples you put it on? I was seriously SO excited for this. So I had my mom grab it from Walmart. Was about eight dollars or so. She wasn't exactly sure which color to get me—considering summer was coming—so she got me "Light" and "Medium." After a debate with my friend, she said "Light" would probably work best. And, oh my goodness, the color is absolutely PERFECT. It matches amazingly!

Since I have lots of pimples and sensitive skin, I've decided I'll leave off the foundation until my face gets over the hormonal imbalance of the teenage years. So all I wear is concealer, powder, and eye makeup. The concealer I use everyday? THIS one. And I LOVE it.

Originally, I found it a little difficult to work with. I wasn't quite sure how exactly to work it. But, after a while of patchy, funny-looking spots, I figured it out—I wash my face, pat it dry, apply my Neutrogena Oil-free Lotion, wait a little bit, add a little more lotion to my blemishes, dab this concealer on them, then blend it in with my fingers. It works best when my lotion is still a bit sticky, and it blends right in. Redness and obvious pimple? Gone! Once I put on my powder (which is Maybelline Dream Matte) my face looks SO natural and flawless. It's almost like I'm not even wearing makeup! I LOVE it. It's creamy, easy to put on, blends amazingly, and stays for a LONG time—even in the pool! I seriously love it.

Okay, so I have been kinda raving about this. But there are a few hiccups that it has. Number one would be that it is a LITTLE drying. If I have a pimple that is healing and is kinda dry, this doesn't really look very nice on it. It accentuates the dryness, and can look a little . . . bleck. But that's why I put a little extra moisturizer on it! Another bad thing would be the packaging. I hear that doe foot applicators can spread germs and bacteria, so it might not be the most sanitary thing. Also, when I first got it, whenever I put the wand back in, concealer would kinda goop out the sides and get everywhere. But once I used some product it stopped doing that. As for the "Blemish Healing" part of it . . . I'm not sure. It doesn't help my pimples a LOT, but it definitely doesn't make it worse.

Overall Review:
• Perfect color. (For very-pale me. Not sure about the other colors.)
• No breakouts! (It is non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, and fragrance free!)
• Excellent at cancelling redness.
• Not SUPER expensive.
• Can be drying, but it works great when it's over something! (Moisturizer, BB cream, foundation, and all things like that.)
• Covers my pimples. COMPLETELY.
• And it STAYS there.

Love it. Seriously do. Would I recommend this? Um, YES! It is wonderful. Thank you, Almay!

rated 4 of 5 on 7/7/2013 4:56:00 PM More reviews by jessicalw28

Love this concealer! It contains salicylic acid, so it helps to dry out my acne. Great for touching up blemishes. Covers well, and easy to apply. My only complaint would be that I am in between shades. The light is too light and medium is too dark.