Vaseline Total Moisture Body Lotion - Clean Feeling with Pure Oat Extract + Stratys 3

4.1

New formula 2011: Water, glycerin, stearic acid, petrolatum, isopropyl palmitate, avena sativa (oat) straw extract, dihydroxypropyltrimonium chloride, hydroyethyl urea, acrylates/c10-30 alkyl acrylate crosspolymer, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, lactic acid, fragrance, magnesium aluminum silicate, potassium hydroxide, propylene glycol, methylparaben, propylparaben, disodium edta, phenoxyethanol, titanium dioxide ||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||||| old formula: water, glycerin, stearic acid, glycol stearate, petrolatum, isopropyl palminate, glycine soja (soybean) sterol, helianthus annus (sunflower) seed oil or glycine soja (soybean) oil, avena sativa (oat) kernel protein, sodium stearoyl-2-lactylate, tocopheryl acetate (vitamin e acetate) retinyl palmitate (vitamin a palmitate), panthenol (provitamin b5), carbomer, lecithin, keratin, dimethicone, glyceryl stearate, cetyl alcohol, sodium pca, potassium lactate, lactic acid, collagen amino acids, mineral water, fragrance, triethanolamine, magnesium aluminum silicate, urea, methylparaben, dmdm hydantoin, iodopropynyl butylcarbamate, disodium edta, titanium dioxide

on 7/25/2012 4:36:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

This is a decent moisturizer and I'd buy it again but the unusual, almost Menthol, smell clashes if you're a wearer of perfume..

on 4/30/2012 8:24:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Other, Medium

I really wanted to like this. I used it one time and I won't even bother using it anymore. It goes on ok but it left my skin sticky/tacky feeling, even after 10 minutes. Not moisturizing at all. If I still had the receipt I'd be returning it.

on 2/24/2012 7:14:00 AM

Skin: Other, Medium, Not Sure

this lotion worked best for the body but when i started applying it on my face to get moisturised, it left me wth a tan skin plus i got dark spots on my face.
i would not buy it again because its restricted to the body application only.

Great moisturizer. Nice application, lightweight, but still does the trick if your skin isn't too dry. Can be used year round, for me at least. My only complaint is that on hot, hot days, I sometimes feel like it gets sticky or begins to melt if I apply to close to going outside.

on 7/1/2011 3:54:00 AM

Light weight lotion very blendable not too greasy and not too thick.. I would say it's a good lotion!

on 6/22/2011 12:12:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

*) Light, non sticky, absorbs quickly
*) Moisturizing enough but definitely not to the degree of Nivea (the blue tin from Germany) or Body Shop's body butter
*) Smell is just OK
*) Very effective for dry heels too. Put on some socks for the night and you'll get a small miracle in the morning.
*) Perfect for those hot days!

on 10/12/2010 11:41:00 AM

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

For total moisture Conditioning body lotion with vitamins E & A. this is my first time using vaseline body lotion and i have to say its the first time ive ever liked putting lotion on my body. ive used nivea and lubriderm and aveeno and they moisturize well but i dont lik that kind of sticky thick feeling it leaves behind, especially on my hands after i use it to apply. this one absorbs SO fast and it makes ur hands feel soft in my dry (not as in dry skin) but dry like normal hands kind of feeling, like you didn't apply lotion kind of feel. its lik natural soft feeling hands as if your skin was nice and hydrated to begin with. its not as moisturizing as lubriderm or aveeno, but it does a good job! and it smells good and is CHEAP!

on 10/5/2010 1:31:00 AM

(Total moisture + conditioning) This is the best lotion I have ever used! Not that I've tried a whole bunch, but the few I have used in the past always left something to be desired. I had intended on giving Olay a shot after Curel ended up a disappointment, but my mom offered me a large bottle of this because she had gotten a 3-pack on sale at Costco. I took it, but didn't have high hopes because I remember using a vaseline lotion several years ago and not liking it too much. But wow! The BEST lotion! It absorbs quickly and it doesn't leave a greasy feeling. And it actually leaves skin feeling soft! Not like skin that's just had moistirizer put on it - just silky soft skin. The scent is also very light and pretty. Light enough to not clash with my perfume, but scented enough to wear on its own. Great product!

on 8/13/2010 4:51:00 AM

A few years ago, I was at my local Amish store which sells goods that stores either don't sell or that have been replaced by the newer products and picked up a half-size bottle of Vaseline Total Moisture. I never really used it, as lotions to me don't ever seem to do much and I just kinda forgot about it. Then, about a month ago, I noticed my skin was starting to feel dry and needed some lotion to soothe it. I found this tucked away in the back of my "stash" and decided to give it a try. I was amazed at how quickly the formula seeped into my skin without making it feel greasy or gross feeling. I also noticed how smooth my skin was when I woke up. I couldn't believe it. A few weeks later my bottle ran out and I was worried that I wouldn't be able to find this God-send anymore (considering it had been a few years since I had found it and the fact that it was being sold at the Amish place...meaning it probably had been replaced long ago). So, instead I was going to buy a different brand of lotion (Dove) because I actually use most of their products and figured the lotion would be just as good. Wrong. A friend of mine actually had the lotion I was going to get and just using it on my hands, I knew that I hated it. It was greasy and had a very "warm" itchy feeling. While it did moisturize, it wasn't as nice as the Vaseline Total Moisture. Eventually I did end up going to a Wal-mart with full intent on buying something like a baby lotion or a different Vaseline Product, until I saw that the Total Moisture was still being sold. I snatched up the largest bottle I could find (Technically I bought the equate version from Wal-mart...much cheaper) and tried it out after my evening shower. It worked just as well as my old bottle. After rubbing it into each of my limbs, my skin is soft and supple and more smooth that it has ever been before. The smell is very light and summery without being overpowering. This lotion also does not fade quickly. While most lotions only moisturize for a short period of time, this lotion moisturizes for DAYS. After going camping and not being able to shower for close to 4 days (Trust me, I know...it was so gross), my skin was still as smooth as it had been an hour after I had applied it. I absolutely love this lotion. It is the best thing out there for anyone with dry skin that needs extra moisturizing! =)

Vaseline. Sigh. Is there a product more boring than Vaseline? I doubt it. But I shouldn't take it for granted. The stuff always works great, in every incarnation and puts 99% of the other skin lotions to shame, at a fraction of the price.

This review is for the Total Moisture 'Conditioning' product, not the Total Moisture 'Dry Skin' product, which is superior in every respect but IMPOSSIBLE to get. Pros: cheap, leaves skin soft for 24 hours. Will easily solve major scaly skin problems (provided it's not a rash or ecezema). Smells acceptable.

Cons: Leaves streaks of white while waiting to sink. And while it leaves skin soft like suede (and somewhat moist), I much prefer the cool, satin texture the 'Dry Skin' version gave me.

Summary: pretty much the same dependable Vaseline lotion we've used for 25 years, just slightly less thick.

Try this: I pump about 10 squirts into a small cup and microwave it for 5 seconds. This warms the lotion and makes it a more elegant texture, less like Elmer's Glue. Especially nice in the winter time. I got this idea from my salon.

Top Rated Vaseline Products