July 26, 2014 | 1524 users online

Liquid - Revlon - ColorStay Makeup - Ivory

rated 3 of 5 on 2/29/2012 2:51:00 PM More reviews by sarasophia

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have a love/ hate relationship with this product. The shade is slightly to pink for me but fairly decent. It does give an amazing coverage and it does stay on all day. However, I find it tends too look cakey and the finish it gives is somehow unnatural. I mix it with my Bourjois Healthy Mix in the lightest shade though (1/1) and the result is close to perfection. I might repurchase just because I like mixing this with foundations that give a really dewy finish and not so much of a coverage.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/19/2012 4:07:00 PM More reviews by cloudyskies

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This is by far the best foundation I have ever used (and I have used a lot lol). It stays on for a long time and it's easy buildable on my problem spots (cheeks and chin). I've actually tried both the oily skin and dry-combination formula, and while I do have dry skin, I actually find I have a preference to the oily skin formula, especially in winter months because the finish is very matte.I remember thinking the first time I put it on that my skin looked like a porcelain doll! The dry formula is usually what I use in spring/summer months because it gives your skin a nice dewy glow, but it seems the coverage isn't as good. Regardless, it's worth it to look all fresh and glowing without looking overly oily.
I don't really have a problem with the packaging, I just pour a dab on the back of my hand and I'm good.
The color is perfect for my super pale skin and is a good neutral, so it's not too pinky for my already red skin. Overall just a really good foundation!

rated 5 of 5 on 2/10/2012 4:35:00 PM More reviews by cking2013

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

This foundation makes me soooo happy :) I've been using clinique foundation for atleast 2 years now and estee lauder for about a year before that so I haven't tried a drug store foundation in a while but I live 16 hour days and my clinuque superbalanced was lasting for only like 3 hours, I needed a better formula. The biggest reason I went to dept store make up in the first place was because the foundation colors from the drugstore brands were never the right color, they were always too pink, orange or made me look sallow. I'm very pale so the lightest color is almost always the right one for me. ANYWAY one of the biggest reasons I like this so much is that it's a very good color match, it kind of reminds me of the commercials for cover girl tru match (or true blend something like that) where the color adjust slightly to match your skin. Because it starts out a little orangey but adjusts, its weird. Anyway I'd say this is a light neutral color. I got this in the normal to dry skin because although i don't really have dry skin I thought in a long wear I would like it to moisturize and some foundations emphasize any dryness I do have, so although I like a more matte face I chose this. It works very nicely has medium coveradge although its buildable so I put more than one layer on in trouble areas or places I usually rub my makeup off. For the most part it last probably like 8 hours the way you put it on but after that its down hill. It dosnt last 24 hours as advertised haha. It also transfers and thats probably the thing I dislike the most, Ive never had a foundation do that before. The bottle also isn't my favorite I wish it had pump but it's ok. I got this for around 10 dollars at target for 1 oz which will last me a long time. I've also noticed that this foundation will also help my powder and blush last longer.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/8/2012 2:10:00 PM More reviews by LexxiMassacre

i relly liked this in the beginnning i even got a second bottle it was one of my first foundations after i bought more more and more (im a foundation junky : ) i noticed how cakey colorstay was compared to my other foundations ive tried flat tops, traitional foundation brushes and fingers so far fingers r the best applications . i will try with sonia kashuk blending sponge ten update on how it looks .

rated 5 of 5 on 7/17/2011 1:50:00 PM More reviews by rachysetty

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

After reading other reviews for my skin type I tried this one - I was fed up of experimenting. This foundation is great! Its a traditional foundation and you use with a make up sponge (lets face it, these are only pence each), but this gives perfect coverage and finish. I have VERY pale skin and this suited great and stayed for hours at a wedding and I still looked good even after a few glasses of champers! (Even if I do say so myself!) Covered acne great. Think I have found my foundation after years of trying! yeay!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2011 11:59:00 PM More reviews by LaceyH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

i'm not sure why i havent reviewed this yet, since i've had and been wearing it for quite a while now.

my skin: fair, acne- and freckle-prone, combination to normal. surface reddness and a few red spots left over from acne. currently using cerave pm which helps a lot with reddness, and retin-a every 2 to 3 nights. hydroquinone every 4 nights or so, ss whenever outdoors.
expectations/hopes: a full-coverage foundation that wouldnt change colors, trasfer, or wear off, even after 12 hours or so. not too pink, as my undertone seems to be neutral, but a LOT of the foundations in the lightest color are WAY too pink for me.

results: i've tried this in both formulas, the one for normal to dry skin, and the one for combination to oily skin, and i found the normal to dry one to be MUCH better, even though i tend to have combination skin most often. the one for combination to oily skin wasn't bad, but i found that it emphasized any dry skin i happened to have around my nose, or on an outbreak. the normal to dry one did NOT make my skin oily throughout the day at all! and it blended better, IMO.
i'm the lightest shade, and i find that its a decent match. definately not OTT pink on me, so thats good.
for application, blending is a bit tricky, but as long as i go relatively fast and only do 1 small part of my face at a time, it goes well. my only real complaint is that it tends to feel a little heavy on my face. which, honestly, is to be expected with any full-coverage foundation. to me it certianly doesnt LOOK heavy, as long as i make sure to blend well. and it STAYS PUT! a friend told another friend i "looked photoshopped in real life!". i take that as a compliment, even though DH says it isnt. lol. i LIKE the look of perfect skin! the price was ok, i dont really remember how much, but i think it was around $12 to $15 or so at meijers.

right now this is my HG liquid foundation. as far as mineral MU goes, i'm in LOVE with lucy minerals! when i feel like i want heavier coverage and NO FRECKLES showing through, this is what i grab :) i admit that i AM still on the hunt for a full coverage foundation that doesnt feel as heavy though. when i take of this MU i make sure to wipe with a towlette, and then wash REALLY well, b/c i feel like if i dont it'd cause some breakouts :/

rated 3 of 5 on 7/4/2011 7:14:00 PM More reviews by magdvn

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I've been using ivory 110 for about two years now. Foundation can be so expensive, therefore I'm hesitant on trying new foundations hence why I've been using Colorstay for so long. It matches my light skin perfectly, evens out my skin tone and that's.. pretty much it. I depend on my concealer and powder to do most the work as far as coverage goes. I don't usually have acne, but when I do get breakouts, this foundation can't be trusted. I'm currently on the hunt for a new foundation so I can say goodbye to Revlon Colorstay once and for all.

Bottom line: if you have clear skin and just need light coverage to even out, this is a wonderful product. If you're prone to acne, don't bother.

rated 1 of 5 on 7/4/2011 4:34:00 AM More reviews by THLuver33

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Green

Okay after reading and watching many great reviews on this foundation I figured I will give it a try. And I am very disappointing! It is a HORRIBLE foundation. Maybe not the worst I have tried but at least in the top 5. It has no coveragae, light at best. It is way too dark for me. It's not really too pink or yellow just too orange. It makes me greasy. Ugh it is just not good at all. And the worst thing of all it made me break out like crazy. Will never buy again.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/20/2011 8:21:00 AM More reviews by SxcElle

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I think I may have found my HG foundation!

Yes, seriously! Oh, of course it's not going to work for everyone. It depends on your skin type, colour, blah blah blah. But for me it works.

The colour matches me so perfectly. Ok, so I am ridiculously pale but often get red patches on my dry, sensitive skin. This foundation covers all of that (it's good coverage, and buildable) and isn't too yellow, too pink or too neutral for me.The normal - dry formula is so good for me... very moisturising and no flaking thank god... something which the last 5 foundations I have used all did to me!

So yes, there are bad points. It is a very thin consistency, but luckily my brush is big enough to put some on without it going everywhere.
And I wish the bottle had a pump. The Mac one doesn't fit, and Revlon don't even sell pumps individually... but still, for a product that matches my skin so well that it's hard to tell i'm actually wearing foundation, i'll live without one. And if i do get desperate i'll transfer it to a bottle with a pump.

Finally, you have to accept that you have to blend thoroughly but fast! This is not a foundation you can shove on 2 minutes before you head out the door. You have some serious blending to do in the application process, and make sure you apply it to one area of your face at a time instead of all over.

For me though, the extra time invested in putting it on makes it last basically all day, doesn't make my skin flaky or look cakey, and makes my skin look like my actual skin, but just so much better! And it's not expensive either. Yes there are cheaper foundations out there, but it's worth a try, especially if all other foundations seem to dark or yellow on you!

rated 1 of 5 on 5/15/2011 9:29:00 PM More reviews by noobiekush

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

i got this in the lightest shade for dry skin....I tried applying this with fingers, brushes, sponge ...and I still couldnt get it to spread out even on my skin
-It emphasizes my dry patches and sets into my fine lines under my eye and around my mouth
-The shade was not bad...a bit too pinkish ...but the next color after was too dark.
-It also feels heavy on the skin and its a pain to get it off.
-smells like wall paint

+did not break me out
+stays on for a loooong time