April 20, 2014 | 1690 users online

Highlighters - Christian Dior - Skinflash

rated 5 of 5 on 7/12/2010 8:07:00 PM More reviews by katiegreeneyes

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse Eyes: Green

LOVE this! the beauty girls at Neiman's convinced me to try this a few weeks ago and it was amazing. I use it over and under my makeup and it always looks flawless... i love putting it in the corner of my eye near the bridge of my nose to brighten me up too. it looks great even when i have a tan, it still blends perfectly and doesn't highlight the fine lines under my eyes.

rated 3 of 5 on 6/17/2010 5:26:00 AM More reviews by drFrankincense

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

I used this for about 4 months being happy enough to keep using it, then was reminded in a youtube video of my old Maybelline Age something-or-other Concealer and Highlighter duo. I bought it on sale and saw that my suspicions of the Dior not really making me look wide awake were true when I compared it to the Maybelline.

I used it on my inner eye area and a little below on my under eye circle, but that area doesn't bother me, its the area right next to the bridge of my nose, under my eyebrow that gets so dark its annoying. I think I have this in candlelight, it made my eye look greyish, not wide awake like I wanted, but good enough to keep using. Until I got the Maybelline, the concealor alone brightens and covers like I wanted to make me look alive. So I will not be repurchasing. The texture is nice though, and I think the click pen is kinda cool, albeit not the best packaging design for this.

rated 4 of 5 on 6/15/2010 4:53:00 PM More reviews by Melikeymakeup

I really like this product. I use it as a concealer under my eyes and it goes on very easily and blends well. It also does not settle into the fine lines below my eyes.

I has lasted me a long time, too!

I have heard really good things about Chanel's version of this, too. I think I will try it, just out of curiousity! It's called "Eclat Lumiere".

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 5/5/2010 9:46:00 AM More reviews by mg86

I have this in Roseglow. Basically, I turned up at a department store make-up department and the Dior lady was the first one to ask me if I needed help. She gave me a mini makeover and when I told her I was looking for something to luminize my pale, sometimes corpse-grey looking skin she whipped this stuff out. It was love at first try, but I decided to wait a week so I could think about it. When I made up my mind, I felt confident shelling out big time for this stuff.
Even though I am only in my early 20s and most of my face still looks like it did when I was in my teens, my deep set eyes already show signs of age - especially when I don't get enough sleep. I not only get discolouration and puffiness but also deeper lines just under my lower lid. This stuff effectively hides the nastiness without being cakey, heavy or wearing off too quickly. It also really brightens my pale skin without adding much color (or shimmer, or any other junk that some brighteners have) which is a definite plus for versatility. I like the weight of the packaging but am dreading the day when this stuff runs out and I don't have a back-up because I can't see how much product is left.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/28/2010 11:20:00 PM More reviews by sweetonpink

Age: 30-35 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

I LOVE Skinflash. Every morning I make a cocktail of a couple of tinted moisturizers mixed with a bit of this highlighting face primer on the back of my hand, and apply. Every day, all day, my skin looks pretty amazing and glowy and this stuff makes it much easier to fake it if you're having a bad skin day/week/month.

My only gripe is the applicator brush: I don't like it. I just click the pen to remove a few drops and skip using the brush. I would really prefer this in a pump bottle, but it won't prevent me from buying regularly.

Another point of note is that it's super light. There's no greasy, thick texture to deal with here, which makes it perfect for mixing into foundation or tinted moisturizer.

rated 4 of 5 on 4/28/2010 12:41:00 AM More reviews by thetourist

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

This is great! It can be used on anything... eyes, blemishes, shadows. It's way better than laura mercier's concealer, which was not smooth at all and too yellow for me. This goes on smoothly and has great coverage. Also, it doesn't look like I'm wearing any when I put it on my eyes. I think this is a very under-rated product.

rated 2 of 5 on 4/22/2010 6:07:00 PM More reviews by lsc87

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Warm Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I found that this did make my under eyes brighter, but didn't really hide much but it did conceal a little bit. I didn't like the whole clicky and twisty brush thing and you can't tell how much product is left in the tube as it is silver not see through. The price is also a massive turn off.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 3/2/2010 12:52:00 AM More reviews by avapro

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

I'm not sure what this product was supposed to do for me. It does not conceal and the highlighting properties are not that great. It was a big waste of money and completely useless to me!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/9/2010 6:18:00 PM More reviews by masutaichi

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

My face has a natural glow to it so this product is great because it doesn't highlight like crazy. it's very subtle with a bit of concealing property. I probably wouldn't use this if u want heavy duty concealing but for a really natural look, i would. I always have a problem of trying to pull off the twist part instead of the lid LOL

rated 3 of 5 on 1/31/2010 4:38:00 PM More reviews by p0rtuguesa

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

From the Sephora website:
"Just one click and stroke of this lightweight, skin perfector instantly diminishes shadows, fine lines, and imperfections. Skin glows with new radiance. Wear it under or over foundation - or on bare skin."

I bought Skinflash when I had my makeup done one day by a professional artist at the Dior counter. I bought it on a whim because I was kind of sucked into it, since the MUA made my skin look so beautiful!
I have pretty decent skin to begin with, very slight dark circles, very minimal fine lines if any at all, and not much to conceal, really. Even so, I found that this pen doesn't really do much to conceal anything. (Of course, it IS marketed as a RADIANCE BOOSTER...however the description does say it will diminish imperfections)
Anyways, I bought it in shade 002 - candlelight. After using it, I found that it did do a decent job of highlighting, however I found after awhile it gets kind of thick and hard to blend. The color is also very flat, it would be nice if it had a bit of a reflective property or something. I used it under my eyes to brighten, but I found it didn't really do much to conceal circles at all.
Skinflash is OK. It doesn't make an incredibly obvious difference for me, though. For the price, I don't think I will repurchase. I'm sure I could find a much better highlighter for a better price!