Clinique Lash Building Primer

3.8

on 8/30/2012 6:31:00 AM

This stuff is amazing!! A friend recommended I try a primer a few months back - have to admit, I couldn't really see the point!! Adding abother few minutes to my makeup routine was not an appealing option!! However I recently treated myself to a Shu Uemeru curler (amazing btw), and given this primer was only 11 decided to indulge!! Wow - what a difference - cannot recommend enough!! Your lashes literally grow before your eyes!! A quick slap of any average mascara and you have long beautiful lashes!!! I've now realised its all about the curler and primer - not the mascara!!

on 7/14/2012 1:23:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other

At first it took me a while to figure out how to apply this correctly. I now know to put on a generous coat of this, give it a couple of minutes to dry (but it doesn't need to be completely dry), and then curl with my Shiseido eyelash curler (better than the Shu Uemura in my opinion) and put on a coat of mascara. It has been really great for my lashes. I used to use the Shu Uemura lash conditioner but now it's a pain to get that brand's products. This eyelash primer probably works even better, as it helps the curl, length, and volume of my lashes, which are stick-straight and stubby on their own. The best part is keeping the curl up, even with the humidity in my area right now.

on 6/14/2012 8:31:00 PM

Product doesn't go on all that well, its very dry and clumps up on the lashes also it didn't keep my mascara on, it still smugged under my eyes. Since it was all I could find where I lived I bought it until I ran out and all I had was a primer that came on a revlon mascara. I love the primer on it and use it under my mascara, I just wish it came on its on without the black mascara.

on 6/11/2012 3:28:00 AM

My mom gave this to me along with a bunch of makeup, and for me this is the best! Before i never thought that mascara primer exists! Lol and ever since i treid this i cant get enough of it! It makes any mascara beautiful making my lashes long and volumize! I dont know why most girls here gave it such a low rating but for me this is a must have! :)

on 5/1/2012 2:03:00 AM

I am always on the lookout for that perfect primer to give me that long and voluminous false eye lash look. Unfortunately, this lash primer does not work for me. It is too dry and clumpy. For fifteen dollars I expected more quality and quantity.

It's a decent price but nothing special... I like that it keeps my mascara from flaking but I wish it did more for the price ($18). I didn't really notice my lashes looking longer or more voluminous so I think I'll have to continue looking for something better and more worth the money.

on 4/8/2012 12:19:00 PM

I bought this primer to try out since it's readily available in the North American market. My previous experience with mascara primer / bases was Kanebo (Kate) which was excellent but not easily available - my wish was to find something relatively inexpensive and easy to replace. Unfortunately, the Clinique Lash Building Primer did not live up to the expectations.

My mascara application routine is normally as follows: curl lashes with Shiseido curler, apply mascara base (this part is optional depending on the look I'm going for), let base dry, apply mascara, and then comb through lashes with Tweezerman metal lash comb. This primer has normal bristles and a small brush which does make for easy application, however, as many others have mentioned, this base does not hold a curl at all. As soon as I apply the primer, my lashes start to uncurl themselves, thus wasting the effort of curling them with a lash curler to begin with. I've also tested not allowing the primer to dry before applying my mascara but it made no difference and actually was more of a pain to cover the white colour of the primer while it was still wet. Also, the formula is quite wet and takes a while to dry before I can apply my mascara. I didn't notice a huge difference in length when using this primer, but it did make my lashes look more voluminous. I also did not see a significant improvement in how long my mascara stayed on without smearing / flaking. One good use I found for this primer was layering under waterproof mascaras which tend to irritate my eyes if I wear them alone - when I layer a primer, it helps to lessen the irritation, for some reason.

This cost $17CAD, which isn't exorbitant and I purchased it during a Clinique gwp event along with something else - so I guess all was not lost as I got some nice samples to try out. It does not contain very much product at 4.8g per tube - overall, I would not recommend this product and would not repurchase.

on 3/15/2012 11:35:00 PM

For now this is my go-to lash primer. Ever since they discontinued my beloved Shiseido The Makeup mascara base, and unable to drop money on another tube of Dior lash primer, I decided to try Clinique's. It doesn't lengthen as much as my Shiseido, but does a great job holding a curl in my coarse and hard to curl lashes, and helps with separating lashes before I apply mascara. Best of all, it's probably one of the less expensive primers out there.

I will continue to repurchase until I find something that works as well as my old Shiseido!

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair-Medium, Neutral

I used to have a problem with my mascara smearing a little under my eyes throughout the day. Between this and the Aquatique shadow primer I no longer have to wipe makeup from my lower eyelids throughout the day.

on 1/11/2012 11:05:00 AM

After reading the reviews i thought id try it as the one i wanted lancome was waaaaaay to expensive for me at the momment.Like another reviewer said its no different to the mascaras you get with a primer so its good but iv'e tried the 2 in 1 mascaras and for price will find another one of those again instead of buying this.For me eyelash primers won't give a excellent curl anyway, thats when a good eyelash curler comes in to help..this is a good price tho and im glad i tried it but won't be repurchasing.