Almay Moisturizing Eye Makeup Remover Pads

2.5

Paraffinum Liquidum (Mineral Oil), Propylene Glycol Dicaprylate/Dicaprate, C12 15 Alkyl Benzoate, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Extract, Cucumis Sativus Fruit Extract (Cucumber), Camellia Sensis Leaf Extract, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Propylparaben

on 1/20/2013 7:28:00 PM

This is truly gently. It removed eye makeup and foundation. it does not irritate. The only drawback is that is leaves a residue. The residue can be wiped off or washed off but, you have to use a good cleanser to remove the mineral oil that is left on the skin. The price is great. I would repurchase.

on 12/25/2012 1:09:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

I can't believe that this product is rated so low. I have been using this makeup remover for years and it's about the only thing that takes off ALL of my eye makeup! Other makeup removers don't work as well as this product. I've tried high-end kinds like Lancome, but they don't compare! If you can't seem to find a product to take off your stubborn eye makeup, I would highly recommend this one. Works like a charm! I will continue to use this product!

on 10/19/2012 8:23:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Cool

Convenient for travelling and home use. Gentle, doesn't irritate eyes, does its job, removes waterproof mascara and mascara coat, so this is lovely. Hope it can be on sale more often.

on 9/22/2012 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I accidentally purchased these instead of the oil free ones I normally get. But i figured why not use them instead of taking them back....big mistake.

They are SO OILY. i understand moisturizing, but it didn't feel good. it felt like i just dumped a bunch of french fry grease on my face.

The biggest thing however was it burned my eyes. I have sensitive eyes, and i wear contacts. It burned my eyes so bad i had to wash my face and lay with a wash cloth over my eyes to relieve the pain. It was awful.

I ended up giving them to my sister and she likes them, so to each their own. I know I will triple check next time to make sure i get the right kind. The oil free ones are amazing and take off all makeup!

on 6/20/2012 5:59:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm

I bought this specifically because it contains oil. Oil based removers do a better job of eye makeup removal in my opinion. This is a convenient, inexpensive way to remove eye makeup without tugging or pulling. To those who are complaining that it's oily, well the first ingredient is oil. You use these and then wash off you face with cleanser. It works great.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium

Be warned that this product leaves a greasy film behind after removing eye makeup. I give it 2 lippys because it removed my waterproof mascara really well. However, it is not worth it for the way it leaves my eyes feeling afterwards, so greasy that I had to use a tissue to eliminate the film. I would not recommend this to anyone with problem skin. If you want a good eye makeup remover then try the oil-free version, it is so much better!

on 5/28/2012 10:57:00 AM

This makeup remover pads have been super hyped up in the beauty community. I've been on the search for the perfect eye makeup remover. I have super sensitive eyes so its hard to find a remover that doesn't hurt my eyes. There is 80 eye makeup remover pads, which I think is a great amount for what you pay.

Each pad is fairly thin, but VERY saturated with the makeup remover. I love how a pad is a never dry or doesn't have enough remover on it. This does not hurt my eyes, make them irritated at all. I will definitely be using this from now on!

on 4/22/2012 9:23:00 PM

I was really shocked to see such a low rating on these! I love them! I used to use mary kay eye make up remover with the swisper cotton pads but it just wasnt practical considering I didnt know anyone who sold mary kay and I just never found the time to order it online. Not to mention the price ($15) A friend told me about these and i decided to try them. I love them! They do leave your eyes greasy (hence the moisturizing) but thats not a big deal because i wash my face right after it. They are about $7 so pretty good. Will buy again
UPDATE: I came across a mini thing of mary kay eye makeup remover one night and decided to use that instead of my almay ones. There was a HUGE difference. I didn't have to constantly rub at my eyes just to get it on. I just held the mary kay eye makeup remover there and my eye makeup immediatly came off. I fished the rest but did not repurchase.

on 3/30/2012 5:19:00 AM

Hair: Blond, Kinky, Medium

I have been using these and similar make up remover pads for years and years. They are just pads soaked in mineral oil but are the only thing I've found which will ever soften and remove majorly waterproof mascara without any dragging of the skin. It just melts it right off. Leaves a huge oily mess on your eyes but you're supposed to wash it off or at least wipe it off with a tissue! Leaves my eyes and lashes nice and soft and supple, no stinging at all. it's exactly the same as baby oil-mineral oil.

on 2/19/2012 12:03:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Relaxed, Medium

Does not remove all your eye make up and you need a lot to even remove eyeliner off both eyes! I would not recommend at all.