October 23, 2014 | 1975 users online

Loose Powders - Palladio - Rice Powder Loose Natural

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:21:00 PM More reviews by moonxxriver

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Straight, Other Eyes: Hazel

I LOVE this stuff!! I've used many different powders to set my foundation and I always go for the translucent powders. However, with all of the other powders that claim to be translucent they usually end up making me looking like a ghost or adding some kind of unwanted color to my face. This stuff though, is completely translucent and gives my foundation a beautiful finish. I will definitely be repurchasing for as long as they make this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/1/2011 3:26:00 AM More reviews by sozz

I love this stuff. Using the included puff, I apply the powder heavily to my T-zone and my under-eye area (to catch fall-out from my eye makeup) after my foundation Then after I'm done with my eye makeup, I brush away the visible powder and finish the rest of my face. This product keeps my face matte and very soft-looking. I've gotten a lot of compliments on my skin since using this powder. I highly recommend this to people with combination skin.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/5/2010 1:55:00 PM More reviews by ANZology

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Black, Other, Medium Eyes: Brown

This powder, for the price, does a very good job. It sets make-up well, assists in oil control, mattifies, and doesn't settle into my pores. It can look too cakey easily, so use very little on a kabuki brush. Or a sponge to press it on around the eyes and nose.
It's a pretty good touch-up powder since it sets well and doesn't disturb the rest of the make-up. It does have a baby powder scent, but it honestly doesn't last. You're obviously going to smell it if you cram your nose up to it, but once you set a little on your face the smell is gone.
The only thing I dislike about it is the packaging. Because the cap isn't a screw-on, it's very easy to make a mess. This isn't something you can have in your purse unless you put some in a different container.
Other than that, great powder. Does what it says at a great low price.

rated 2 of 5 top reviewer on 11/28/2010 11:34:00 AM More reviews by BayRidge

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I don't understand the raves for this powder, maybe i'm not using it correctly but I find it super cakey and not natural at all. Even when applied with a light hand + my beloved eco tools powder brush... It looks like i'm wearing powder. Perhaps I've become accustomed to more filled milled powders, like Coty or Too Faced... but this one makes me feel like I look like my batty grandma!

En plus, while the oil control is better than most, its not all day affair. I guess I would rather blot (the blotting papers from this brand are divine!) than to cake this stuff on. Sigh. I guess others have better luck than I did, maybe you will too. For the price, its not going to break your wallet to try.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/14/2010 9:39:00 PM More reviews by rynaga

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This product has good oil control on me. It doesn't cake or settle into my pores and fine lines. If i wore it alone, it was actually pretty good enough to give this -subtle- even tone than if I were to wear no makeup at all. on makeup, it did not dry out my face or make it look powdery. A lot of people complain about the scent. It is strong and perfumey, but scent is usually not going to be the main deterrent in ditching a product for me. Luckily I have not experienced any breakouts from the fragrance on my acne prone skin.

The box may be inconvenient for some, but I haven't had issues with it. I leave the powder in the bathroom and do not transport it. To deal with less excess powder, I peeled the cover sticker off, I cut a strip of the middle section off and put the two other stickers back on the outside to cover the outer holes.

The main reason why I am not purchasing this again is because of the color. My skintone is nc 25-30 ish. I am asian with a lot of yellow undertone. I noticed that if i used this powder over my foundation, I would look a tad bit pinker. I think the natural rice powder color is better for pink undertoned skin. I prefer not to buy powders in translucent either, for fear of getting a white ashy cast. However, if you have a yellow undertone and don't mind buying translucent powders, I recommend trying the palladio rice powder in translucent.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/13/2010 9:23:00 PM More reviews by LastNameAvailable

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

For the Translucent Rice Powder:

This is a nice little powder. Finely milled and lightly scented, it works for me in my oily T one. I got it on impulse at Sally's Beauty Supply and haven't regretted it. It disappears easily into the skin if you take a light hand to it and keeps my forehead matte throughout my entire work day. I often forget I even have it on, it's so weightless. The puff is annoying and applies far too much product, but it's useful for helping to keep the powder from sifting through the holes in storage. While it isn't quite HG, it is very good.

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2010 10:06:00 PM More reviews by rachelmarie219

Last week I think I had the best makeup purchases of my life with this product and the Palladio Wet & Dry Foundation. While I've thought about and have meant to write reviews for other products on this site, I never seemed to actually get around to it. Well, I made time for this product! I purchased this at Sally Beauty supply after reading the reviews here. Previously, I was having trouble keeping my oil at bay, which I was beginning to think was odd because I always considered my skin to be on the dry side. While I love my MSF and the Cargo Blu Ray powder, neither one seemed to do much for my oil issue. After switching my moisturizer (which I do believe helped), I purchased Phillips Milk of Magnesia (also discovered on here) and started to use that. I saw results but not enough, in my opinion. Next, I bought Maybelline's Dream Matte powder and Rimmel's Stay Matte powder but hated both and actually began to breakout (not sure which one did it). I tried Clinique's pore minimizer for the t-zone area and the Murad Mattifying Lotion...both worked ok, but I was still needing to use blotting sheets throughout the day. Since I love Palladio's blotting sheets, I was really happy to learn about this product, as I did not know it even existed. I ran out and bought it and loved it from the minute I put it on. It works! I have very sensitive skin and have not had a bad reaction and best of all, I do not need to use blotting sheets! I find that this does the job. If I have time, and if I think of it, I will touch up mid-day-not because I desperately need to but because I like to freshen up. The powder does not settle into the fine lines around my mouth (a perpetual problem with just about everything else I've tried), and I find that while the coverage is light, it does an excellent job of finishing off/setting my foundation. I do not need to follow up with Fix + like I always have had to do to with other powders. I apply this with an Ecotools kabuki brush. It is a bit messy if you are used to pressed powders. In the past I've been a Bare Minerals user so this didn't really bother me; in fact, I apply this with the same swirl, tap and buff technique. The short of it? Love at last!

8 out of 8 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/8/2010 1:37:00 PM More reviews by Selenite

Age: 25-29 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

For the price, I think this is a great powder. It's vegan, highly affordable, and reasonably easy to find. Sometimes I go through phases where I don't want to pay a lot of money for something as basic as a powder regardless of how luxurious it's supposed to be. It looks good on my skin, not heavy looking, I haven't had much trouble even with setting my oil based foundation.

The only problem I have is the packaging. I'm not expecting anything fancy, it's just that it's sometimes a little too easy to get the powder out and if it's dropped you can expect powder everywhere.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 4/11/2010 7:24:00 PM More reviews by RitaPerfect

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Other Eyes: Black

All I can say is, "Wow!" THIS IS MY HG LOOSE POWDER. This makes my skin look poreless and flawless! I used to own the Covergirl Professional Loose Powder, but I threw it away because it felt way too heavy on my face -- almost like my skin was suffocating! It also looked cakey too, which is why I stayed far away from loose powders ever since then. But I am so glad that I decided to take a chance with this Palladio Rice Powder! In contrast, it feels super lightweight and looks so much more natural. I have dry skin, so I don't use this to cut down on any shine. Instead, I apply a light layer all over my face after my foundation to further even out my skin tone and to "finish" my look. The effect is very polished and clean, like I have naturally beautiful skin. I use a kabuki brush to gently buff this powder on, and it does not emphasize any of my dry patches or cake up. I am a MAC NC30, so I bought this in "Natural" (the medium shade at Sally's Beauty Supply), although I think the color is pretty much non-existent because it is so sheer. I find that this stuff is also great for toning down blush that is way too bright or applied too heavily. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase!! I will buy this over and over again!!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 9/3/2009 11:15:00 PM More reviews by lexijojohnson

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Other, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

i must be the oddball - this product is not looking good on me and i've tried it with several foundations and brushes. i just ends up looking chalky and ghostly as all get-out.

also, the pad it comes with is horrible. i didn't expect it to be awesome, but just not good at all!