Avon Night Magic

Price: $

Price: $

on 2/23/2009 1:04:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Other, Not Sure

I bought Night Magic in a fit of nostalgia for the Avon products I loved as a teen. I remember owning one of the roll-on deodorants and loving the scent (though I can't imagine wanting musky deodorant now!) I bought the spray in a 2 for 1 deal - paid about 7 dollars, great value! The first spray was very sharp, and I was worried that it didn't have the soft powdery smell I remembered. After about 10 minutes it started to settle down into a gentle musk. It is very powdery, but I love powder. What is a little surprising is the sweetness - it is not a dry or flowery musk. I find that it layers well with a vanilla lotion. I consider this a cold weather fragrance. In the summer I would wear Jovan white musk, but this is nice for a winter option (I don't like regular jovan musk.) Lasting power is good on my skin - it lasts all day. Recommended for powder or musk lovers.

on 1/13/2009 5:33:00 PM

This is becoming one of my fave perfumes. Musky and ambery and yes, powdery. I like it better than Avon's Soft Musk--NM is more interesting and longer-lasting. Wins a permanent spot in my perfume hoard.

on 9/30/2008 12:23:00 PM

I love this, haven't worn it in years. There was a special in an avon brochure, mini perfums. So I got 2, received it yesterday, am wearing it today, and I love it!!!!! Can't believe I had forgotten how great this was. It will be a great winter scent here in Colorado. I'm soooo happy :)

on 6/30/2008 9:53:00 AM

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine

I'm an Avon rep and my mom recently ordered this perfume. She was trying to find a scent to replace Cabot Musk Oil. Without even smelling it first, she decided on Night Magic. When she sprayed this to try it out, I was in heaven. It definitely has a strong powdery scent, but to me, it's lovely. It's like a powder with an underlying musk. It reminded me of Love's Baby Soft when I first got a whiff, but it's not identical. My mom offered me a bottle (she bought 2), but I already have so many perfumes of my own. If I use some of mine up before the wintertime, I will definitely buy a bottle of this for myself. And the price is excellent. I often see this on sale in the Avon catalogues.

on 5/9/2008 12:05:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Warm

I wasn't sure that I would like this but now I think it's really lovely. Great for daytime and at the office. It seems kinda heavy at first but it disappears. I've made it my signature day fragrance for the office and carry it with me at the gym. I like fragrances at all price points because as we know, the juice is the same quality at all price points. Good deal, nice unoffensive scent.

While I like this, I feel like it doesn't stand out. It's good for daytime. However, I doubt I will buy it again

on 12/1/2007 12:49:00 AM

Hair: Black, Wavy, Other

This is a very gentle, classy, scent. Smells powdery and just so gorgeous. When i was little id use the solid perfume. Now that i'm old very old and have my own job and no longer have to live off allowance I can buy the bottle version. Woohoo!! Lasts longer yay haha!

on 10/14/2007 3:37:00 PM

I used to wear this about 5 years ago, ran out and never re ordered. I found that this fall I was missing it so I ordered the cologne rollette, skin softener and powder. OH Hooray. I guess this is one of my HG fall and winter scents so soft, slightly sweet, a bit floral and musky. Like a lovely powder scent that is comforting and stays on the skin very nicely during the day and night. This is another one my husband loves I think both of us are fans of nostalgic budget colognes that are light and not too strong. Now I need the spray! It smells good applied to the hair!

on 8/23/2007 2:06:00 PM

Someone mentioned that this smells like bath and body works "moonlight path" and yes! i agree it smells identical (after it dries down a little) and this one is gentler on the nose. It goes on smelling very powdery. Later it still has the powder smell but with more musk and some sweet flowers. It lasts fairly long, 4 hours on me. A good cologne. Try it if you like something soft, warm, and rich. And powdery! Smells comforting. I will buy it again when I run out.

on 6/28/2007 12:28:00 PM

I agree with LittleGnome below - Avon NMEM is really quite powdery. I originally wore it to 'get into character' for a LARP group I belong to. (my character was a wealthy old vampire/patron of the performing arts.) To me it smells like one of those vintage pale blue cardboard boxes of loose face powder. I always wondered how women ever managed to use those without spilling them all over. But I digress. It may be a powdery scent but on my skin the musk is definitely there. DH and I are both very fond of musk, and he likes this one but not as much as Jovan or Coty Wild. I would have to say that I even prefer Jovan Musk for Men on myself over this. I like the sexier musks myself, however it is a satisfactory scent for the price. I may buy it again someday but would wait for it to go on sale like it very often does.

Popular Fragrances