August 29, 2014 | 1822 users online

Concealers - Laura Mercier - Secret Camouflage

rated 5 of 5 on 11/30/2013 4:16:00 AM More reviews by doobs

I bought this a few years ago after seeing it recommended in a beauty bible, but like many if the reviewers on here, couldn't get on with it as I found it far too dry. Have recently returned to the LM counter to repurchase foundation. It was suggested that I actually didn't need foundation - just tinted moisturiser and Concealer. I explained my previous experience so the consultant showed me how to warm it up on my hand first then apply. So I decided to give it another go - and I'm so glad I did!! Yes it is dry but that means it stays on all day!! Just don't use it under your eyes - it's not meant for that. But anything else - it's fantastic!!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/26/2013 9:54:00 PM More reviews by ComaGray

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This concealer compact comes in two colors, so that you can customize the best shade for you. I accidentally purchased a shade lighter than needed, but I'm able to mix the colors with a little of my foundation and the color is perfect. This stuff will cover anything! It's very thick and creamy and does not seem to aggravate my acne or cause any others. It is best applied with a concealer brush.

rated 4 of 5 on 11/20/2013 1:01:00 PM More reviews by shanzaya

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium Eyes: Brown

This has a chalky less creamy texture but don't let that fool you it will seriously cover and it doesn't budge after you put it on. Does need to be set under the eyes. The SC-3 has a lovely yellow undertone!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/28/2013 11:11:00 PM More reviews by dentan84

This is my second buy. I had quite bad under-eye dark circles and had used numerous big brands which ended up caking or not lasting till end of the day but LM suits me so well. Really love it's texture. Light and yet good coverage especially you top up with their loose powder. It's perfecto! Why I said is good coverage because my eyes had a tendency to be quite watery at times and the concealer works well even it tears. It does not immediately wear off easily.

What I dislike is the packaging. The cover of the LM where the mirror is, both the little plastic hinges breaks away. So now I'm facing some problem how to put it back together.

Other than packaging all goes well.

rated 5 of 5 on 10/14/2013 9:57:00 PM More reviews by ana18

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Already on my second one . Doesn't break me up, doesn't wash off. It's wonderful:))

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 9/26/2013 2:47:00 PM More reviews by xoxsexylv57

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Other

I am very on the fence about this product: there are definitely strong and weak points about it, which is why I only gave it three lippies. I bought this due to Lisa Eldridge mentioning it as one of her favorites.

PROS:
*does a fairly decent job at concealing the more faded acne scars you may have, as it's pretty pigmented
*the compact lasts literally forever...I hit pan on both sides more than 3 months ago and I haven't run out yet. So it's nice to get a lot of product for the price
*generally sticks around all day, as long as you wear a primer underneath (again, I'm not the best judge of this as my skin is quite oily)

CONS:
*I absolutely LOATHE double sided, mix-your-own color compacts. I understand that it's more customizable, but I hate taking the extra step.
*I bought this thinking that the "peachier" side could be used as a replacement for my trusty Bobbi Brown corrector. It can't. The formula does not play well under the eyes.
*you need to use the right brush with this to make it work - fingers, which I generally like to use for foundation/concealers do not work well with this product.

I probably wouldn't repurchase this due to the fact that I feel so "blah" about it. In my opinion, it's not something that's so special that I can't live without it.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 9/2/2013 10:05:00 PM More reviews by principessa24

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

When I bought this, I liked the idea that I could use the compact year-round and adjust the shade by mixing the dark and light concealers to get a perfect match for my summer and winter skin tones. This is still a good idea in theory (hence the reason I gave this product two lippies instead of one) but I absolutely loathe the formulation. Regardless of whether I apply it with my fingers, with a concealer brush (including the LM concealer brush), or with a sponge, it somehow manages to slide right off whatever I am actually trying to conceal, whether it's a zit or a dark spot, but still cake up in the areas surrounding the blemish. I'm left with the original blemish still showing, plus a buildup of dry, flaky concealer in the vicinity of the blemish, which of course makes everything look 10 times worse. It's extremely dry and difficult to work with when applied directly out of the compact. I tried warming it up on the side of my hand before applying, thinking this would make it glide on more easily, but this method just causes the warmed-up concealer to slide off the blemish even faster. I like LM's tinted moisturizer and love some of her cream eyeshadows, but this mess of a concealer was a let-down.

rated 5 of 5 on 8/14/2013 4:41:00 PM More reviews by kChoooi

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

This really camouflages everything! You need to really mix it with a brush to make this work. If I had nt gotten instructions from the sales assistant I would never have gotten it. I mix it with the tinted moisturiser for areas around my eyes. It really is the best concealer I have ever used. And BELIEVE ME, I have tried a lot.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/8/2013 4:48:00 AM More reviews by Havol64

Provides good coverage for acne and blemishes but a little too dry will need to mix a little of cream concealer to achieve a smoother look.

rated 3 of 5 on 8/6/2013 1:11:00 PM More reviews by manny1996

I use the SC-3 and I really like the colors. I can hit my undereye area and blemishes with the same compact, so it's a spacesaver in my bag. However, I'm not a fan of how dry it is. I think it emphasizes my lines. As much as I like the color, I need something creamier. I'll use it up, but I won't be repurchasing.