Clinique High Impact Duo in Like Mink

4.2

on 9/22/2009 5:12:00 PM

While the colors are neutral and perfect for everyday look, i really hate the texture of these powder e/s. It's not silky at all. It's very firm, especially the dark brown shade. It applies very blotchy. The light shade, on the other hand, is very silky and soft. The textures are complete opposite. I do love the colors. I just don't like how the dark shade is too stiff and chalky.

on 8/15/2009 2:55:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I love this duo. The colors match and blend so perfectly. It's a perfect look for the day time for school, work, ect. It's a little to shimmery for me, but I love it anyways. Price is decent too.

on 8/15/2009 12:02:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Tan, Not Sure

This is a favorite of mine. The colors are pretty and can be used for a subtle look during the day. The brown shadow has gold shimmer that looks beautiful on the eyes. I find myself reaching for this duo most mornings. I love bronze shadows and this one is the best for a daytime look. If you want a more dramatic bronze, check out MAC's Bronze e/s-that color is fantastic. The lighter side of this duo is perfect for highlighting the brown bone or sometimes I use it as a wash. Good quality shadows that last all day long.

on 6/29/2009 7:40:00 PM

Skin: Very Oily, Medium, Not Sure

This was a good quad. They were pigmented. It came with a skintoned color and chocolate brown which I don't use. Recommended

on 5/31/2009 7:29:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Not Sure

I love this shadow duo - especially the lighter color. I don't wear eye shadow to school, but I love to play with make-up at home, and this is a great duo to work with. The light color has little sparkle (which I like), and goes on smooth. For me, it works amazingly well as a brow highlighter. The darker color looks fabulous for night-time wear on your lid. It's got a bit more sparkle than the lighter color.
They wore well throughout the day without touch-ups or a primer. The applicator is nothing special, but is decent enough, and works fairly well.

Good product, only the price tag is quite alarming!

i liked the dark color because of the gold glitter in it really brings out gold in peoples eyes

on 3/29/2009 11:17:00 PM

this is a really warm natural brown, gold reflects
lovely in the crease!

on 2/13/2009 2:07:00 PM

Hair: Red, Straight, Medium

This is one of the Clinique "classics". The have been producing this particular duo for so long I can't remember when it originally came into the line. It is the perfect combination of a dark chocolatey brown and a golden beige. I don't know of anyone who purchases Clinique products that doesn't own this duo, because it works so well on almost everyone, fair, medium, tawny, dark skin tones can all wear this duo. Also, because, this is a duo that makes it into almost every GWP.

I have blue eyes and what Clinique calls "neutral fair" skin and this just makes my blue eyes "pop". I literally had a lady pass by the counter when I was wearing this combo and comment "you're beautiful" straight out of the blue. I like to combine this with the Clinique Chocolate Lustre liner for maximum impact. This is a staple that everyone should have in their stash. It is a "go to" combo that will never fail you.

$17.50 USD @ Clinique counters.

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A staple for me, I have been using this since it was a part of the color surge line. Great neutral everyday eye (though I almost never wear eyeshadow during the day). I love this for a simple night time eye and pair it off with other bronzey neutral shades. This duo would work for almost everyone, universally flattering imo. Great combo of a creamy champagne taupe and brown with a hint of bronze. The colors are quite sheer but I have never had a problem with lasting power.

on 11/6/2008 4:02:00 PM

Love this shadow! Its a neutral color that I can wear to work. The only reason I give it a 4 out of 5 is because unless I use an eye primer it creases really bad by the end of the day, to the extent that I dont look like I have any on anymore. I've had the same container for a year and I'm just getting to wear I have to go around the corners to get any out. I love how it comes with a mirror and brush!