Exuviance CoverBlend Multi-Function Concealer

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Gluconolactone, Sodium Chloride, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Behenoyl Stearic Acid, Arginine, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Ascorbyl (Vitamin C) Palmitate, Retinyl (Vitamin A) Palmitate, Phospholipids, Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Polyacrylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin.

on 10/14/2012 2:51:00 AM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

I got this concealer in the shade "beige", my skin is fairly light, neutral leaning warm (I'm beigy in tone, neither too pink or too yellow, but do lean more yellow-toned). The Beige looks dark and orange (and scary) from the tube but turns to a very light creamy color (like eggnog heavy cream) when patted during the application process and is almost a perfect match for my light skin, but it's just a touch too dark but not so dark that it's obvious, I can definitely get away with just using this and a translucent powder. The next shade down (the lightest) would be way too light/white for me.

*Thin liquid foundation-like texture, not a paste, that can be used somewhere other than the under-eye area.(a difficult texture to find for med-high coverage concealer that isn't full of glitter and sparkles)
*Not cakey, again, a thin but fairly opaque texture.
*Dries and adheres very well to skin (i.e. stays put once dry), and therefore can be applied prior to foundation without getting messed up or creating a scaly patchy cakey disaster.

*In conjunction with the pro's above, a con is that this concealer is time consuming because where I actually really need concealer, it needs at least two layers (apply one layer, let it dry, then apply another layer, let it dry, and so on until desired coverage is reached) and just seems to require a lot of product and a lot of my time. Despite this, it doesn't ever look cakey, even when 3-4 layers are used. But the process is kind of a pain,. But the extra work does get me a pretty flawless (even up close) result.
*I don't have wrinkles around my eyes, but I do have a fold of skin right below my lower lash lines due to my eyes being very round. This concealer doesn't "settle" or "migrate" in there once dry and set, but if I accidentally get product in those folds during application it will migrate to the deepest part of the fold and be a noticeable creasing and won't dry, and the trapped product will need to be wiped out away (but just once, then it's fine)
*This concealer only worked for me when patted. I can't be like the pixiwoo sisters and use a fancy brush to swipe/buff concealer on the eye area (or anywhere else) all breezy like. Won't work, won't do squat but just wipe away. This only worked for me when dotted on whatever area I need coverage, and then patting/tapping the area several times (and not going nuts with the patting)

This is the best concealer I've had, but I'm going to purchase dermablend smooth indulgence concealer when I run out of this because it seems to have pretty much the same properties as this concealer except I was pretty wow'ed by the coverage of Dermablend from so very little product and the blendability and smooth opaque finish from the Dermablend concealer tester that is at Ulta. Time will tell if in the end I find Exuviance or Dermablend to be the superior product. I did only use the Dermablend tester at Ulta, afterall, but as I said, I was very impressed by it, and in the Dermablend, I would need the lightest shade they offer, which is called "nude". Hope this helps.

EDIT (10/24/2013): An MUA member sent me a message after reading my review, inquiring if I had purchased the Dermablend concealer and compared it to the Coverblend; I figured I would update my review and include the relevant portion of my response to her here:
I did purchase the Dermablend smooth indulgence concealer in "nude" soon after writing that review. The color is a closer match, and coverage is better and is easier to work with, however it doesn't adhere as well to the skin so it can only really work at spot concealing after you've already applied your foundation, not before; it also breaks down and begins to separate rather quickly, so its shortcomings are in its staying power and ability to adhere.
I think the Coverblend is a superior concealer in those respects. I use the Dermablend now not as a concealer, but rather I add a pea size amount to bottles of foundation that don't have enough coverage for my liking. It works well for that purpose and hasn't negatively effected the performance of my foundations. :)

on 8/5/2011 4:46:00 PM

honestly this is one of the best concealers on the market. it covers like a beauty. under eye circles, blemishes, dark spots, it can cover anything. its not too expensive, and although the bottle is small, you each time you will use so little to cover everything, it lasts forever.
the only reason i cannot give this product a 5 is because of the color matching. i am very pale, but the lightest concealer is slightly too pale for me, and looks to bright under my eyes when i use it to cover dark circles. and the the next step darker is much to dark for me.
its a pity because i really like the consistency and quality of this product but because the color doesn't match i won't buy it again.

on 4/25/2011 6:57:00 PM

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

This concealer is light, but provides great coverage. I have very fair skin and it is the perfect shade! Will definitely purchase again!

I was so stoked to try this after reading all the great reviews, and I'm really disappointed that this didn't work for me. It didn't cover my dark circles any better than the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer I've been using. When I applied this it darkened as soon as it dried, so the color of the product in the tube is way lighter than what you end up with. Also, when it dried it seemed to make my under eyes look crepey. I only gave this a 2 instead of a 1 because if it didn't color morph, it seems like it would work ok on covering pimples. I plan on returning this to Ulta. Bummer.

this is great concealer that i've had no problems with, it blends well i use my fingers, and lasts all day

on 1/29/2011 7:47:00 PM

great coverage, nice consistency i thought it was pretty good. didn't give 5 because it didn't really of the WOW factor..you know, i like it, but i don't love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very dark circles redness and large pores. So I decided to try this because I've heard good things about it and I'm glad I did. My shade is light and its a perfect shade for me. This covers very well easy to blend and its very natural looking I hate it when you can see my make up on. I lve this amazing concealer!

on 1/13/2011 6:27:00 PM

I didn't like this at first, but then I figured out that I was applying way too much. Just the very slightest dab will do ya on blemishes/marks. I've also been using this lately under my eyes, since I can't find a specific eye concealer that doesn't break me out. I've had the same tube for a couple years now, so if used sparingly it will last quite awhile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best concealer ever!!!! Helps lighten acne scares, doesn't break me out, and great coverage!!! Limited colors though. Only flaw...Light works well in the winter, but when I get darker in the summer the beige is to pink and looks dirty on my olive skin.

on 6/30/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this concealer for about 6 months now, and I'm barely reaching halfway through the tube. A little goes a long way, and it dries matte, has excellent staying power, and has lasted through sweat and tears (literally). I am pleasantly surprised by this product, and to be quite honest it's pretty much one of the best concealers I've tried. I have fine lines and really dark puffy circles under my eyes, and this product does of good job of covering them up without feeling/looking cakey, or settling into my fine lines. I top this off with a bit of bare escentuals summer bisque, well rested, and natural light duo. These products together really conceal my deeply dark eye circles. This concealer covers them the most, though, I just add the extra products so that it matches my skin perfectly. The only change I would want for this product is if there could be more color options. Though beige seems to work quite nicely for my light skin tone.

Top Rated Exuviance Products