Exuviance CoverBlend Multi-Function Concealer

4.2

Active Ingredients: Titanium Dioxide, Zinc Oxide. Other Ingredients: Aqua (Water), Cyclopentasiloxane, Talc, Butylene Glycol, Gluconolactone, Sodium Chloride, Isotridecyl Isononanoate, Polymethylsilsesquioxane, C9-15 Fluoroalcohol Phosphates, Behenoyl Stearic Acid, Arginine, Tocopheryl (Vitamin E) Acetate, Ascorbyl (Vitamin C) Palmitate, Retinyl (Vitamin A) Palmitate, Phospholipids, Methicone, Sodium Hyaluronate, Glycerin, Polyacrylic Acid, Triethanolamine, Propylene Glycol, Potassium Sorbate, Propylparaben, Diazolidinyl Urea, Methylparaben, Chlorphenesin.

I was so stoked to try this after reading all the great reviews, and I'm really disappointed that this didn't work for me. It didn't cover my dark circles any better than the Maybelline Age Rewind concealer I've been using. When I applied this it darkened as soon as it dried, so the color of the product in the tube is way lighter than what you end up with. Also, when it dried it seemed to make my under eyes look crepey. I only gave this a 2 instead of a 1 because if it didn't color morph, it seems like it would work ok on covering pimples. I plan on returning this to Ulta. Bummer.

this is great concealer that i've had no problems with, it blends well i use my fingers, and lasts all day

on 1/29/2011 7:47:00 PM

great coverage, nice consistency i thought it was pretty good. didn't give 5 because it didn't really of the WOW factor..you know, i like it, but i don't love it.

Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool

I have very dark circles redness and large pores. So I decided to try this because I've heard good things about it and I'm glad I did. My shade is light and its a perfect shade for me. This covers very well easy to blend and its very natural looking I hate it when you can see my make up on. I lve this amazing concealer!

on 1/13/2011 6:27:00 PM

I didn't like this at first, but then I figured out that I was applying way too much. Just the very slightest dab will do ya on blemishes/marks. I've also been using this lately under my eyes, since I can't find a specific eye concealer that doesn't break me out. I've had the same tube for a couple years now, so if used sparingly it will last quite awhile.

Skin: Acne-prone, Olive, Not Sure

The best concealer ever!!!! Helps lighten acne scares, doesn't break me out, and great coverage!!! Limited colors though. Only flaw...Light works well in the winter, but when I get darker in the summer the beige is to pink and looks dirty on my olive skin.

on 6/30/2010 1:28:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Brunette, Curly, Coarse

I've been using this concealer for about 6 months now, and I'm barely reaching halfway through the tube. A little goes a long way, and it dries matte, has excellent staying power, and has lasted through sweat and tears (literally). I am pleasantly surprised by this product, and to be quite honest it's pretty much one of the best concealers I've tried. I have fine lines and really dark puffy circles under my eyes, and this product does of good job of covering them up without feeling/looking cakey, or settling into my fine lines. I top this off with a bit of bare escentuals summer bisque, well rested, and natural light duo. These products together really conceal my deeply dark eye circles. This concealer covers them the most, though, I just add the extra products so that it matches my skin perfectly. The only change I would want for this product is if there could be more color options. Though beige seems to work quite nicely for my light skin tone.

on 6/4/2010 8:17:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Cons:
-It does not fully conceal my dark circles (Benefit Boi-ing, MAC concealers, Aveda, and etc did a better job).
-It cakes up if I would set it with powder and becomes blotchy at the end of the day.
-The color does oxidize after a few minutes.
-It's pinkish which is suppose to be good for dark circles though it looks ashy on me.
-IT CREASES LIKE MAD after 30 minutes. Even after I blended out the fine lines, it will still come back. :-(

Pro:
-Little goes a long way (actually you should use a TINY bit if you don't want to look like a cake-monster), so a tube will last me forever.

**EDIT** Bumped the rating to 3.5

It's a wonderful concealer/primer for the lips:
wonderful coverage, not drying, doesn't settle into lines, WATERPROOF and long-lasting, once dried down the concealer won't mix into the lipgloss/lipstick, the color is a bit pinkish so it's a bit more natural looking.

Have no idea why it still won't work well under my eyes. The most similar concealer I have to Coverblend is Lancome Effacernes. I have them tested side-by-side on the back of my hand and it's obvious that Coverblend does a better job in blending, coverage, and lasting ability. From that observation alone Coverblend SHOULD be my HG concealer, however under my eyes Effacernes still did a better job. It somehow could cover my dark circles better and it doesn't crease.

Oh well... I'll stick to my Effacernes and Aveda Inner Light concealer for now.

Skin: Other, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I originally bought this concealer to try to cover some really faint acne and I found that it never worked. (I've more recently discovered that mineral makeup is better for this because it doesn't get rubbed off that area.)
Because I don't have any eye bags or under the eye darkness, it had never occurred to me to use this under my eyes. And so recently, on a whim, I decided to use it and I love the glow it adds my overall appearance.
I've also found that this oxidizes a bit, but since I got a light shade and since I'm a little tan now from the summer it works perfectly for under the eyes.
I'm giving this a four because I would still have liked if I could use it for my acne...although my acne has cleared up so I guess this is also less of a problem :D

on 4/26/2010 8:35:00 PM

I am pleasantly surprised with this concealer. I originally bought it because I heard it is almost waterproof, and Lancome Effacernes didn't work for me. It is definitely long-wearing, but you have to be careful applying it or it will look cakey. Thin layers are the key, plus a good under eye moisturizer. I also set with LM brightening powder and had no creases during the day.I have also used it to cover the occasional blemish, and it has worked better than any concealer I have tried for those stubborn cystic zits, or even those that are healing. It has great "sticking power" and does not make me break out.

I am very fair (BB warm ivory) and use the Light color for my face (it is *exactly* my skin color...barely even have to blend), but mix with a touch of Beige for my undereye since I have super dark circles and Light gave me the reverse racoon effect. I just mix on the back of my hand and lightly dab on. The color does oxidize, so if it looks very light at first, just wait a few minutes, and that's the color it will be all day long. In fact, I am going on 13 hours since I covered an blemish this morning, and it is still covered and looking almost as smooth as it did when first applied. Definitely happy with this purchase!

Top Rated Exuviance Products