April 23, 2014 | 1501 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Capricious

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Divab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to lipstick if I'm running out the door or finishing my makeup at a red light in the rearview mirror in the car on the way to work... Haha!! It looks almost sheer on my NC45 complexion, but it gives me just a little... I don't know... something extra that just a gloss doesn't. And I love the lustre finish that doesn't need liner or gloss to look okay. I keep this in my purse for on the go, no matter what makeup look I'm wearing color. I'll buy again after I finish this tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by hollysue1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my MLBB shade. I wear it when I just want to run out of the house without thinking of what would look good with everything else I'm wearing. Plus with the lustre formula im not standing in front of the mirror forever trying to get the lines straight haha. It's one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by kvjake05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

LOVE the color of this lipstick. I wear it with MAC half-red l/l and a coat of C-Thru gloss on top. So pretty. My only complaint is it just doesn't last. I find myself re-applying way too often. Again the color is gorgeous and I love the lustre formula. Maybe I should skip the gloss and it will last longer? I'm on the fence about re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick. Gives just enough color to complete a neutral look to brighten up my face :) Not too bright or too nude...just right :) Plus I love the lustre formula, very moisturizing and gives off a nice sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Beautiful colour and great formula. Recommended for me by MAC make up artist for my cool medium skin tone and it is great. Formula is great - glossy and moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

My lips are already pretty pigmented (plum) and I wanted a lipstick that enhanced its natural color. This was perfect and it looks very natural. It wasn't drying on me but I have to reapply it more often than I'd like.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by meljanbil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love the color. It's my natural lip color only on steroids. Problem though is it that like other MAC lustre lipsticks it is very drying on my lips. I literally can feel it sucking the moisture out of my lips. I try so hard to like the lustre lipsticks because the colors are so great, but I just can't get over the dryness. The only reason I would buy this again is because I really like the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I wish I had known about this colour sooner. It is my new HG! It looks frightening in the tube but when it's on, it is such a beautiful fresh and plummy lip colour. It is definitely MLBB kind of colour. To me, it's like a lighter, sweeter version of revlon rose velvet. Great for everyday wear :)

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/14/2010 6:59:00 PM More reviews by lygophilia

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I have trouble pulling off "plum" colours and I was quite hesitant purchasing this shade as it looks quite plummy/purple in the tube. On my lips it shows up as a beautiful, glossy, and sheer berry rose colour. Looks fantastic on my complexion and works well with many make-up looks. The formula is so smooth and buttery and never drying. The only down fall is it doesn't wear long and needs to be re-applied constantly.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/14/2010 4:40:00 AM More reviews by colfaxt

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Brown

Lovely plum red color, bleeds like most mac lustres in dark colors, so you need lip liner.