MAC Lustre Capricious

4.3

on 1/4/2012 5:03:00 PM

I love this color - in general I don't repeatedly buy any product unless it's totally basic, like mascara, concealer or powder - I love to try new colors! This color, oddly enough, I didn't pick out. I was turning in 6 Mac items for my free lipstick and asked for a color I could put on without a mirror that was good for work. This is what the Mac person immediately grabbed, and I must say, they know their stuff! This is the perfect shade for me - a great, natural berry shade that feels good, lasts pretty well (4ish hours) and doesn't require any special skills (i.e., lip liner, mirror, constant monitoring of lipstick on teeth). I think if there were ANY lipstick shade that I would buy again, it would absolutely be this one.

on 12/12/2011 3:01:00 PM

I resisted buying MAC products for so long... But finally I decided that I needed to buy a proper lipstick for a night out and thought that they'd give the best advice on colours, etc. So after trying a couple of neutral shades, the girl showed me this one and I bought it. The good thing is that it goes on very lightly and apart from the colour, is almost imperceptible on my lips -- none of that creamy/sticky/smelly lipstick business. After a few years of wearing glosses from time to time, I thought it was time for a change. I doubt if I will feel comfortable wearing this during the day, but at least I won't feel like a teenager applying a sparkly Juicy Tubes lipgloss for a night out on the town.

Anyway -- not a very useful review, perhaps, but make this your takeaway: a sheer, pretty colour, not too drying, adds an even layer of non-shiny berry tone.

on 11/16/2011 11:05:00 PM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

My new favorite lipstick from MAC!
This is the first plum colored lipstick I`ve ever bought and I absolutely adore it.
I normally stick to nudes and soft pinks, only when I feel bold do I use fuchsias and reds. I`ve been looking for the perfect fall lipstick that is bold but wearable during the day without looking too overdone and capricious is just that.

on 8/22/2011 4:04:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Cool

I wear this one often. It's slightly darker than my lips, an understated mauve/berry color that looks natural with my complexion (very pale, on the cool side of neutral). The formula is good for everyday wear: moisturizing and not too pigmented, though you can get a darker, more mauve shade with several coats. I took off a lippie because the formula is not long-lasting at all, and I find myself reapplying it throughout the day. Still, I'm willing to put up with that inconvenience for the sake of the beautiful color.

Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other

i normally wears neutrals, berries and reds and was looking to add a pink lipstick to my collection. capricious caught my eye early on in my search, but i tried several others including plumful, lustering, syrup and sweetie. i will likely go back for sweetie. i chose capricious because it is incredibly flattering to my brown skin. it opens my face up. the color is a pink with plum in it on me. it has a subtle kick and doesn't scream "look i'm wearing pink lipstick!" which was my fear. if you're a brown skinned african american woman looking for a pink color,check out capricious. i will definitely repurchase. almost want to stock up!

on 6/13/2011 9:19:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm

Hair: Black, Curly, Medium

I agree with the sentiments below, this is the perfect MLBB shade for NARS Tahoe/NC43-45ish ladies such as myself. Capricious has a pink/brown tone which upon application is more like a subtle sheen than the super-shininess of a gloss. This is my go-to shade for if I don't want to wear much makeup/am running out the door and don't have time for a full face.

on 4/1/2011 11:26:00 PM

Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm

Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium

This is my go to lipstick if I'm running out the door or finishing my makeup at a red light in the rearview mirror in the car on the way to work... Haha!! It looks almost sheer on my NC45 complexion, but it gives me just a little... I don't know... something extra that just a gloss doesn't. And I love the lustre finish that doesn't need liner or gloss to look okay. I keep this in my purse for on the go, no matter what makeup look I'm wearing color. I'll buy again after I finish this tube.

on 3/15/2011 11:38:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure

This is my MLBB shade. I wear it when I just want to run out of the house without thinking of what would look good with everything else I'm wearing. Plus with the lustre formula im not standing in front of the mirror forever trying to get the lines straight haha. It's one of my favorites.

on 3/15/2011 10:45:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium

LOVE the color of this lipstick. I wear it with MAC half-red l/l and a coat of C-Thru gloss on top. So pretty. My only complaint is it just doesn't last. I find myself re-applying way too often. Again the color is gorgeous and I love the lustre formula. Maybe I should skip the gloss and it will last longer? I'm on the fence about re-purchasing.

on 3/15/2011 12:42:00 AM

Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I love this lipstick. Gives just enough color to complete a neutral look to brighten up my face :) Not too bright or too nude...just right :) Plus I love the lustre formula, very moisturizing and gives off a nice sheen.

Recommended for Medium Skin