October 22, 2014 | 1822 users online

Lipstick - MAC - Lustre Capricious

rated 5 of 5 on 6/14/2011 8:38:00 PM More reviews by complexsimplicity

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Relaxed, Other Eyes: Brown

i normally wears neutrals, berries and reds and was looking to add a pink lipstick to my collection. capricious caught my eye early on in my search, but i tried several others including plumful, lustering, syrup and sweetie. i will likely go back for sweetie. i chose capricious because it is incredibly flattering to my brown skin. it opens my face up. the color is a pink with plum in it on me. it has a subtle kick and doesn't scream "look i'm wearing pink lipstick!" which was my fear. if you're a brown skinned african american woman looking for a pink color,check out capricious. i will definitely repurchase. almost want to stock up!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 6/13/2011 9:19:00 PM More reviews by cerulfox

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Medium Eyes: Black

I agree with the sentiments below, this is the perfect MLBB shade for NARS Tahoe/NC43-45ish ladies such as myself. Capricious has a pink/brown tone which upon application is more like a subtle sheen than the super-shininess of a gloss. This is my go-to shade for if I don't want to wear much makeup/am running out the door and don't have time for a full face.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/1/2011 11:26:00 PM More reviews by Divab16

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

This is my go to lipstick if I'm running out the door or finishing my makeup at a red light in the rearview mirror in the car on the way to work... Haha!! It looks almost sheer on my NC45 complexion, but it gives me just a little... I don't know... something extra that just a gloss doesn't. And I love the lustre finish that doesn't need liner or gloss to look okay. I keep this in my purse for on the go, no matter what makeup look I'm wearing color. I'll buy again after I finish this tube.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 11:38:00 AM More reviews by hollysue1

Age: 19-24 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

This is my MLBB shade. I wear it when I just want to run out of the house without thinking of what would look good with everything else I'm wearing. Plus with the lustre formula im not standing in front of the mirror forever trying to get the lines straight haha. It's one of my favorites.

rated 4 of 5 on 3/15/2011 10:45:00 AM More reviews by kvjake05

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

LOVE the color of this lipstick. I wear it with MAC half-red l/l and a coat of C-Thru gloss on top. So pretty. My only complaint is it just doesn't last. I find myself re-applying way too often. Again the color is gorgeous and I love the lustre formula. Maybe I should skip the gloss and it will last longer? I'm on the fence about re-purchasing.

rated 5 of 5 on 3/15/2011 12:42:00 AM More reviews by jaymief

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this lipstick. Gives just enough color to complete a neutral look to brighten up my face :) Not too bright or too nude...just right :) Plus I love the lustre formula, very moisturizing and gives off a nice sheen.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/14/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by katharineb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

Beautiful colour and great formula. Recommended for me by MAC make up artist for my cool medium skin tone and it is great. Formula is great - glossy and moisturizing.

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 8:13:00 PM More reviews by sunshinelu

My lips are already pretty pigmented (plum) and I wanted a lipstick that enhanced its natural color. This was perfect and it looks very natural. It wasn't drying on me but I have to reapply it more often than I'd like.

rated 3 of 5 on 2/6/2011 5:10:00 PM More reviews by meljanbil

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Absolutely love the color. It's my natural lip color only on steroids. Problem though is it that like other MAC lustre lipsticks it is very drying on my lips. I literally can feel it sucking the moisture out of my lips. I try so hard to like the lustre lipsticks because the colors are so great, but I just can't get over the dryness. The only reason I would buy this again is because I really like the color.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/5/2011 2:13:00 AM More reviews by MichikoFliz

I wish I had known about this colour sooner. It is my new HG! It looks frightening in the tube but when it's on, it is such a beautiful fresh and plummy lip colour. It is definitely MLBB kind of colour. To me, it's like a lighter, sweeter version of revlon rose velvet. Great for everyday wear :)