Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

Price: $

Allantoin, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol in an Emollient Base

on 8/1/2011 12:07:00 AM

Hair: Grey, Other, Other

This was recommended to me years ago by someone who had the same problem I have in the winter - my fingers crack at the top. It was quite a discovery and have stuck with it ever since. I use the jar and I find it's not greasy and absorbs easily. The price can't be beat and it's a staple in my home.

on 4/23/2011 1:37:00 PM

I'm always on the hunt for a good and basic moisturizer for my dry hands and dry patches on my face. I spotted this at Walmart for super cheap, approx $2 for the tube and $4 for the tub, so I purchased both. The tube is definitely more watery and less moisturizing the the product in the tub, but convenient to carry in my purse. In terms of alleviating my dry skin it does a so-so job, but don't find that it's as super moisturizing as I want. I do like that it's not greasy and hasn't clogged any pores on my face. I will probably use these items up, but won't repurchase as there are a few other brands and products I would like to try.

on 3/25/2011 12:50:00 PM

My boyfriend found this at a hardware store and decided to give it a try. He has very dry, chapped hands from working in the HVAC field. Since using this his hands are never cracked or scratchy. He still has calluses, but that's because he works so hard. He keeps a tube in his truck, one in the kitchen, one in the bathroom, and one in my purse. And for the price this stuff can't be beat, the smell is nice, and the lotion itself is not greasy or sticky. This is definitely my HG lotion and I will repurchase for years to come.

on 3/25/2011 12:26:00 PM

I LOVE THIS PRODUCT!!!!
i have been testing out different lotions and moisturizer seeking for the best but i always end up having ONE FOR MY FACe another for my BODY another for my FEET another for my hands. but this! this works great on EVERYTHING. no greasy feeling/stickiness and it just sinks into your skin leaving you soft and... "supple" not slimy.

i love this stuff. never gonna try anything else.

also: it smells pleasant. & the packaging is hilarious. i wish more people knew about this stuff. i ran into it at my local CVS

on 2/4/2011 3:29:00 PM

Our family was introduced to this product the first winter we lived in Colorado. Our skin wasn't used to drying out in the winter and we all had very dry, very cracked skin. That's when our neighbor brought us a jar of this.

That was 15 years ago and we still always have a jar on hand.

Note: We purchase our Udderly Smooth in the jar pictured above, NOT in the tube. The tube version is watery and not nearly as creamy. It also doesn't sink into the skin.

Pros: Large jar last forever; Don't use much; Very creamy; Not oily or greasy; Works well on real dry or cracked skin.

Cons: 1. Sold in a tube that almost seems to have a different product in it. Just doesn't work well at all. ALWAYS go for the jar! 2. The fragrance is a little strong, but not overpowering.

on 8/31/2010 12:49:00 PM

This hand cream didn't do much for my dry hands. It's a watery formula that actually did have good staying power, but didn't do much moisturizing. This also left my hands quite greasy, so I only used it at night. It didn't have much of a smell, just a generic floral fragrance. I liked that there are few ingredients and that you got a lot of product for your money. The packaging is pretty basic - just a squeeze tube with a flip-top lid. I can't justify buying it again, especially when any basic body lotion would do a better job!

on 3/1/2010 10:40:00 PM

i am super allergic to this and my skin is not sensitive. in fact, i think the only other time i've had a reaction to a product was from a cheap brand of laundry detergent. as soon as i rubbed it in my skin started to itch, get red, and finally a rash broke out. i had to quickly rinse it off. i believe the culprit is allantoin, since i have used products with the other ingredients. here's a link to allantoin on wikipedia. apparently, allergic reactions are common with low grade allantoin

on 1/18/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried this one twice, and didn't see it as any better than the cheapest grocery store brand. It is a bit watery and does nothing to soothe my very dry hands. I kept hearing that works wonderfully, but I didn't have that response. It's not bad, but olive oil works much, much better.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

My friend used to use this in class in high school, and I always thought it was hilarious!

It worked good though!

on 2/2/2009 7:58:00 PM

Okay, I've used so many lotions and find I'm always going back to this stuff because it's cheap and it works! I have very dry and itchy skin. The smell stinks, but heck, I'll put up with any odor if it works! I had a very dry and itchy patch on my upper inner thigh that persisted on staying for EVER! I had enough! I finally caved in and got the stinky jar and now the patch has been gone for a long time and hopefully never to return! Works well on cracked skin. I wish there was a pump though, but LOVE this! Update:I've used perfume on top of this stinky slop, and BOY-OH-BOY, did I stink awful!