Udderly Smooth Hand Cream

Price: $

Price: $

Allantoin, Dimethicone, Lanolin Oil, Propylene Glycol in an Emollient Base

on 2/4/2011 3:29:00 PM

Our family was introduced to this product the first winter we lived in Colorado. Our skin wasn't used to drying out in the winter and we all had very dry, very cracked skin. That's when our neighbor brought us a jar of this.

That was 15 years ago and we still always have a jar on hand.

Note: We purchase our Udderly Smooth in the jar pictured above, NOT in the tube. The tube version is watery and not nearly as creamy. It also doesn't sink into the skin.

Pros: Large jar last forever; Don't use much; Very creamy; Not oily or greasy; Works well on real dry or cracked skin.

Cons: 1. Sold in a tube that almost seems to have a different product in it. Just doesn't work well at all. ALWAYS go for the jar! 2. The fragrance is a little strong, but not overpowering.

on 8/31/2010 12:49:00 PM

This hand cream didn't do much for my dry hands. It's a watery formula that actually did have good staying power, but didn't do much moisturizing. This also left my hands quite greasy, so I only used it at night. It didn't have much of a smell, just a generic floral fragrance. I liked that there are few ingredients and that you got a lot of product for your money. The packaging is pretty basic - just a squeeze tube with a flip-top lid. I can't justify buying it again, especially when any basic body lotion would do a better job!

on 3/1/2010 10:40:00 PM

i am super allergic to this and my skin is not sensitive. in fact, i think the only other time i've had a reaction to a product was from a cheap brand of laundry detergent. as soon as i rubbed it in my skin started to itch, get red, and finally a rash broke out. i had to quickly rinse it off. i believe the culprit is allantoin, since i have used products with the other ingredients. here's a link to allantoin on wikipedia. apparently, allergic reactions are common with low grade allantoin

on 1/18/2010 6:05:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm

Hair: Silver, Straight, Fine

I tried this one twice, and didn't see it as any better than the cheapest grocery store brand. It is a bit watery and does nothing to soothe my very dry hands. I kept hearing that works wonderfully, but I didn't have that response. It's not bad, but olive oil works much, much better.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

My friend used to use this in class in high school, and I always thought it was hilarious!

It worked good though!

on 2/2/2009 7:58:00 PM

Okay, I've used so many lotions and find I'm always going back to this stuff because it's cheap and it works! I have very dry and itchy skin. The smell stinks, but heck, I'll put up with any odor if it works! I had a very dry and itchy patch on my upper inner thigh that persisted on staying for EVER! I had enough! I finally caved in and got the stinky jar and now the patch has been gone for a long time and hopefully never to return! Works well on cracked skin. I wish there was a pump though, but LOVE this! Update:I've used perfume on top of this stinky slop, and BOY-OH-BOY, did I stink awful!

on 12/28/2008 8:45:00 PM

Skin: Oily, Medium, Not Sure

Udderly Smooth is probably the best hand cream I've ever tried! It moisturizes very well and leaves my hands feeling soft, smooth, and moist. I love how it is so inexpensive too (4.50 on drugstore.com, for a big 12 oz. tub). For some reason, I really like the concept of using "udder cream", and the jar is pretty cute too. One thing I don't like about it, though, is that it is slightly watery. Other than that, it's a really nice hand cream! =)

on 12/23/2008 12:26:00 PM

Skin: Normal, Fair, Warm

Hair: Red, Curly, Coarse

I love this lotion! My mom's a quilter, and she always had a tub of this around because it's stainless and she could put it on her hands before quilting. I cross stitch, so this is a great product for me to use when my hands are dry but I still want to work on a project. It smells a bit medicinal, but it's a great moisturizer and goes on smooth. I'll probably be buying this for the rest of my life.

This is the best cream/lotion that I have ever used! My skin is perfectly fine in the summer but in the winter it dries out badly, especially my hands. They get painful and can even crack and bleed. I've tried so many hand creams over the years and they got the job done but they've all been sticky and leave me feeling like my hands are coated with grease. I think it must be the glycerin in them because I can't tolerate it in facial skincare either. This contains no glycerin, and it is soft and creamy like everyone has said - the perfect texture. It does sink right in and keeps my hands moisturized for most of the day. I bought this in the large size because I couldn't find the small tube and it's so good that I've been lugging it around in my purse ever since.
UPDATE: This lotion definitely does its job, but the scent really got to me after a while. Minus one lippie for that. If they come out with an unscented version I'll give it another try for sure.

on 10/10/2008 9:14:00 AM

Alright texture, moisturizes somewhat well but tends to wear off. Didn't like the fragrance, or the fact that it contains lanolin.