LUSH Solid Shampoo

4.1

Sodium Lauryl Sulfate, Nettle and Peppermint Infusion (Urtica dioica and Mentha piperita), Glycerine, Nettle Absolute (Urtica urens), Rosemary Absolute (Rosmarinus officinalis), Bay Oil (Pimenta racemosa), Clove Bud Oil (Eugenia caryophyllus), Cinnamon Leaf Oil (Cinnamomum zeylanicum), *Cinnamal, *Eugenol, *Benzyl Benzoate, *Limonene, *Linalool, Colour 73360, Cinnamon Stick (Cinnamomum cassia) *Occurs naturally in essential oils

on 4/20/2013 9:49:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral

Hair: Black, Curly, Fine

So I bought this product because of the rave reviews thinking it would give some oomph to my fine, curly, chest length hair. I wasn't expecting miracles or anything but I also wasn't expecting it to cause my hair to fall out in clumps. While I was using the shampoo I noticed that when I would comb my hair the comb would have a lot more hair in it than normal. I never thought of attributing it to the shampoo until I saw other reviewers mention that they also had experienced above average hair loss. I've stopped using the shampoo and I confirmed that it was the culprit behind my hair falling out in clumps because now it's back to normal, thankfully.

on 4/20/2013 9:12:00 AM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool

Hair: Black, Relaxed, Medium

I'm a longtime LUSH fan and this is one of my favorite products and definitely my favorite of all the shampoo bars. It gives my hair a lot of volume and really feels like properly cleans my hair (for the first time in my life)! It's really convenient to travel with but you so have to be careful with making sure it doesn't get too wet otherwise it becomes a mess.

EDIT: I've taken a lippie off only because I've since discovered LUSHs big shampoo which I am now in love with. However I would still continue to buy this purely because it is a great shampoo and is easier to travel with. I would recommend getting a little container to store this in because if it doesn't get a chance to dry it is really difficult to work with.

on 3/20/2013 4:59:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Not Sure

I never got dandruff...but this caused it...T.T
will never buy it again....

on 3/11/2013 6:09:00 AM

Have been using this product daily for a couple of months and am wrapped with it. I've bought a few other bars from Lush and they practically melted immediately so I was sceptical about how long this would last. To my surprise I've used it daily for the past 2 months and the bar doesn't even look like it's halved yet! It's great value. While I have only noticed a minimal amount less fallout my hair feels clean and soft using this. Will definitely re-purchase another solid shampoo when this runs out, but because I like change I'll probably try a different one just because :) This is FANTASTIC for travelling.

on 3/10/2013 11:10:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Curly, Fine

Being aware of all the trash that is being generated, I thought about trying one of LUSH shampoos. I like the fact that it has no packaging, however it can be a bit tricky to store it. They sell a shampoo tins but if you have any other tin (from a soap) it works just fine. After using it make sure you let ir dry outside the shower (never in the shower, or it'll melt).
I felt it made my hair squeaky clean but I don't know if it's the SLS base or the lack of silicones (or both!) that made my hair feel really dry and brittle- I put a mask right afterwards but it wasn't a pleasant feeling.
I didn't feel any irritation but this does contain irritant ingredients like peppermint.
Overall I wouldn't repurchase, I feel like there are better options out there that will leave my hair feeling better.

Hair: Blond, Curly, Coarse

I really like this shampoo bar! It gives my thin, flat hair volume and doe the job any shampoo should, leaves it feeling clean and fresh. I have also noticed my hair growing more quickly since using this for the last 3 months! I would definitely recommend this!

on 1/31/2013 6:27:00 AM

Skin: Normal, Medium, Neutral

pros:
-smells great
-lathers great
-lasts ages surprisingly

cons:
-doesn't help with hair fall out
-relatively expensive
-makes hair dry
-hard to handle since it is a bar of shampoo

I would hoping it would help with my hair fall out but it did nothing in the end :( it made hair dry and clumpy after drying

on 1/5/2013 1:32:00 AM

Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure

A bit drying shampoo that cut my hair falling in half. I was astononished by the first times I washed my hair with it because there was almost no hair in my hands; then the falling rate rose a bit but it was never the same again.
Only be careful of not letting the bar soak - not even during the shower.

on 11/17/2012 12:51:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure

This did not work at all for hair fall out, for me. I didn't even last me a month, I was really disappointed with this product.

on 10/23/2012 9:40:00 AM

I have very long, thick hair and was worried that switching to a dry shampoo would make it harder to wash my hair. I was completely wrong. It couldn't be easier to wash my hair with this shampoo. I know it is advertised to promote hair growth, but for me it really acts as a detangler. My hair is soft and I can run a comb through it very easily, which usually doesn't happen since my thick long hair can get knotted up. Definitely love this stuff and it's smell.

Top Rated LUSH Products