November 21, 2014 | 1659 users online

Lipstick - NARS - Blonde Venus

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/17/2008 5:55:00 AM More reviews by Kuuipogal

Age: 44-55 Skin: Oily, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

I have repurchased this product atleast six times. It is by far the most gorgeous peachy nude in the history of the world. It is also thick, emolliant and long wearing. If Blonde Venus was human, I'd marry it. Will make you look like you have Angelina Jolie's lips.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/21/2008 5:33:00 PM More reviews by kschmiddy

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Warm Hair: Blond, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

This was my first NARS lipstick and I had sort of mixed feelings about it but overall I'm glad I bought it. The texture tends towards more matte than slick for me, but it goes on pretty evenly. The color is definitely not a "cool beige" as described but is instead a light tannish-orange coral color. I'm very fair and now that I think about it, this would probably look better on ladies with more tanned skin, but as I get into the summer months I can definitely see myself using this. On very pale skin it just looks too orange, but against a tan in the summer it would look great.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/27/2008 12:39:00 AM More reviews by Khiandra

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Black

Blonde Venus is my #1 nude lipstick...well my signature lipstick shade of all time. I've been wearing it for years now. On me it looks like a nude peachy pink. I Adore it. The texture is very smooth and has great pigment payoff. I wish it stayed on longer though and was a lil more matte..but overall, this is an HG wear everyday type of color for me or any lady with dark tan skin. Pairs nicely with Chihuhua lipgloss though i like it better on it's own. I always have this shade stocked.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 1/3/2008 9:56:00 AM More reviews by warfreakbaby

this is a perfect peach l/s for me. im NC35 and this l/s makes my face so bright and clean! i look like a supermodel, just dont look at my body! lol i never thought that peach l/s will work for me since ive been only using red and pink l/s. i was only looking for a perfect peach blush and i end up getting gilda but the nars assistant asked me to try blonde venus l/s first before i pay my gilda blush. and the moment i put it on to my lips, it is sooooo perfect! i love it! NARS lipstick is the best lipstick in the market today, IMO!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/19/2007 12:18:00 PM More reviews by gna

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

This darkish peach-brown-nude is perfect on my medium, yellow-olive skin with dark hair coloring. It's got more orange and brown than my formerly favorite nude, Shiseido's Macadamia Beige (which looks like concealer when the glossiness wears off); is darker than VL's Nude Lipstain (too light and pink on me); and has none of the ugly pink-red tones of Creamy Nude from Clinique. The lipstick brightens my face, as I have pigmented brown-pink lips, but still registers as a nude. I can wear neutral to warm and neutral to cool tones, and this registers as a true neutral on me. I love Nars but the texture of this is a bit drying.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/7/2007 1:19:00 AM More reviews by ruqayya33

Age: 36-43 Skin: Oily, Olive, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Fine Eyes: Green

I really like this lipstick!!!! Althought, NARS and Sephora describe it as "satin cool beige," I think it's more of a darker peach-brown-nude. It's a bit more vivid than BARBARELLA and looks lovely next to my medium-dark beige skin. The formulation is a creamy matte (not shimmery/sparkly.)

rated 5 of 5 on 6/5/2007 11:43:00 AM More reviews by shugee

Age: Unknown Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm Hair: Silver, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

This is not a cool beige, as described on the Nars website. It definitely pulls in the direction of a spicy peach/muted apricot color- what I call a redhead lipstick. However, it is exactly what I was looking for as I wanted a lipstick to go with my coral necklaces - one that would be a subtle warm color, not the typically neon bright coral toned lipsticks.

There are many good points about Blonde Venus. It doesn't irritate my sensitive lips. It is smooth, creamy and lightweight. It doesn't have shimmer. It doesn't change color. When it wears off, it doesn't leave your lips with a weirdly colored stain. It seems to be void of fragrance and taste. Although it doesn't seem to last very long on me, it is nice for summer with a light tan.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 3/20/2007 2:05:00 PM More reviews by misscurlylocks

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Black, Curly, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Nrs - you would expect a bit more. This was discrbed as a nude. But this borders on oange nude not pinky or brown. It retails around 14.00 if I can remmeber correctly.
It really is nothing special and I cannot justify the price. There were a range of colours online and this was discribed as nude and looked great but really is nothing special. I am pale and this is orangey and would look good if I had a tan prolonged over a couple of weeks. It will look nice on deep olive skinned girls.
It is no better than any high street brand of lipstick. The pacaking is not beautiful and very dull encased in black matte case with NARS logo embossed.
Smells powdery and old fashioned like a dirt cheap market lipstick. Nars have failed with this product and this colour can easily be found among other brands. I personally cannot understand why anyone would buy a Nars lippy other than if they couldnt get a colour match. I will not re-purchase.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 9/21/2006 12:09:00 AM More reviews by sana_j

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Tan, Not Sure Hair: Black, Curly, Other Eyes: Brown

I went and tried on a whole bunch of NARS lipsticks at the same time, and quite frankly most of them wash me out pretty badly/look concealer like. This is one of the few nude shades that I actually liked on my skin, and would probably look even better with liner and a light gloss on top. Smooth formula and good pigment. ga lsf8 nc42-44

rated 5 of 5 on 6/28/2006 8:14:00 PM More reviews by gonie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

I love this color!!! Nars lipstick is creamy and completely covers my own lip color. I have a little bit dark lips and when I apply this it really works! This is nude and natural peach tone that I've been looking for! I bought this and barbarella but I love this more! Also, it is a perfect match with Nars lip gloss Giza. I think I would buy this again.