April 19, 2014 | 1105 users online

Lotions/ Creams - AmLactin 12%

rated 5 of 5 on 5/10/2012 4:26:00 AM More reviews by juliamustlovemusic

After a ton of researching on the internet, I came across this lotion to help me with the small bumps on my upper arms (keratosis pilaris). This lotion works so well! I used it for about 2 weeks like everyone else and I immediately saw the results. I now have smooth upper arms, super smooth! I totally recommend this!

rated 5 of 5 on 5/9/2012 10:46:00 PM More reviews by ahockenbrouch

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

This product works miracles. When I moved to new york my skin went to hell. It became so dry and itchy that I couldn't stop scratching it even though I was making myself bleed. I slathered myself with skin butters, oils, cortisone creams, anything I could get my hands on and this was the only thing that worked. It smells funny, but it exfoliates and moisturizes really well. Now my skin is back to its normal shiny healthy self again. It also helps make my feet soft, and I use it on my face now and then when my skin starts looking dull.

rated 5 of 5 on 5/6/2012 7:25:00 PM More reviews by Coco704

I swear by this lotion! I had really bad bumps on my legs that would never go away but once I started using this lotion they cleared up in 2 weeks! My skin is soft, and most importantly bump free! If you happen to stop using the product the bumps will occur again and take another 2 weeks to go away. That's the only problem with this lotion but other than that works like a charm!

rated 4 of 5 on 4/10/2012 5:15:00 PM More reviews by gitaqueen

My dermatologist reccomended amlactin to me for hyperpigmentation on my arms due to bug bites. I would give the product a 5 if I could use it everywhere but I can't. (I'll get to that later)

Amlactin is a decent moisturizer. I find Aveeno to be superior in that regard but as product that reduces hyperpigmentation and clears dark marks, it's absolutely amazing. I have brown skin and this has worked so quickly to fade the marks on my arms that I tried it on my face but soon realized that it was too greasy for that. I also cannot use it on my feet as it does not moisturize as well as I would like.

6 out of 6 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2012 8:04:00 AM More reviews by Javajabbers

Age: 44-55 Skin: Dry, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I have had extremely bad eczema on my back for nearly 20 years, and I have tried nearly everything from bleach baths (don't ask), to prescription creams and hydrocortisone. Until Amlactin the ONLY thing that helped was the hydrocortisone cream, but I didn't want to be a chronic user. So, like all the other "Guess I'll try this one and see" products, I bought this on a whim figuring it probably wouldn't work. HOLY COW!!! IT DOES!!! I cannot convey adequately what a night and day difference this has been! I went from a horrible looking and terribly itchy rash of bumps on my back to SMOOTH in less than a week! So then I decided to try it on my hairline before bed because I have what I think is eczema there too. I have scaly dandruff there, but apparently after one day, not anymore! I have never before encountered such a dramatic result in my life.

So, yes, as someone reviewed somewhere else, it does have a crayon smell, but for me it goes away quickly, and it only reminds me of kindergarten, so big deal. ;^) I am so encouraged that I've started using it all over...on my flaky legs, dry hard heels and patches of dryness on my face.

I will say that it is sticky feeling which does irritate my throat a bit (I also have sensitive skin to heat/moisture), so I've taken to night applications and showering it off in the morning.

The stinging? Well, that's the nature of the beast. That just tells me it's effective and working. I don't think you can get an effective AHA type product that doesn't sting a little.

13 out of 13 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 2/4/2012 12:03:00 PM More reviews by luvbeauty27

Age: 30-35 Skin: Very Oily, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Curly, Medium Eyes: Blue

I break out on my chest and back and this stuff really clears it up. The only problem i have is it doesnt smell that great but for smooth skin I think ill deal with it. I put it on my face too and it seems to smooth my skin up .

rated 5 of 5 on 1/26/2012 5:24:00 AM More reviews by kinoko13

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Other Eyes: Brown

Iv been using this on and off for my KP for 4 years now. I love it, got rid of the KP on my arms and thighs and im now tempted to use it for my breakouts, ill review if it works for that.
When I first started using it it did burn a little and leave skin red and dry, use it every other day untill your skin is used to it. Now my skin is smooth and the red marks and scars from me scratching them off are all gone ( I was a picker. Very bad! ) . It worked really well for me but like i said it takes time. I only use it every once in awhile now that my KP is under control. Love this stuff.

rated 5 of 5 on 1/17/2012 2:39:00 PM More reviews by okramer

Age: 30-35 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I rarely write any reviews but had to about this product. This product is amazing!!! I can't get enough of it. I put it all over my face and body every night and I wake up in the morning with baby soft skin. I also have KP and it helped tremendously. Besides rare cases as the one below (with extremely sensitive skin) this lotion will work wonders.

rated 2 of 5 on 1/10/2012 11:45:00 PM More reviews by lemonz4us

So i bought this due to the good reviews as i wanted something to help with my KP, sigh.... I don't see why it has to be so expensive.... really. but whatever, if it works i wouldnt mind paying a little extra for it.
so i got the big bottles and i pumped a few pumps and rubbed it on my upper arms. i noticed this stuff was so TACKY it would not absorb... and it smelled like GLUE, yes. GLUE.... and it BUrned my arms, it stung i have no idea why, i went to sleep, i woke up with red arms, i thought this was just the effect of the lotion, didnt think anything of it and slapped some more on after my morning shower, again, stinging, glue, red. So eventually after a day or two i went to the doctor (this was to confirm that i had eczema and KP, i didnt know about it back then) she told me i had a violent allergic reaction to this. my whole arm and inner part of my arm where i had used the lotion was RED and itchy. She told me this was a strange and rare reaction because normally it works so well for most people, she told me to stay away from this. which i intend to do so... sigh continuing the search to reduce the redness of my kp...
i wouldnt recommend this to those with sensitive skin

edit:strangely i had better luck with lachydrin 5

rated 4 of 5 on 1/3/2012 8:37:00 AM More reviews by MakeMeUp14326

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I think AmLactin does help my KP, but the lactic acid is too harsh for me to use it alone all over my face. I use it to moisturize my t-zone, no problem, but if I use it by itself on my cheeks, they feel tight and start flaking. I want to use AmLactin on my cheeks, though, because that's where my KP is. So what I do is first apply AmLactin, then apply some other moisturizer (like Cetaphil). It seems to decrease my KP and keep my skin soft. Don't expect a miracle, though.