AmLactin 12%

4.3

Water, Lactic Acid (Neutralized with Ammonium Hydroxide), Light Mineral Oil, Glyceryl Stearate, PEG 100 Stearate, Propylene Glycol, Glycerin, Magnesium Aluminum Silicate, Laureth 4, Polyoxyl 40 Stearate, Cetyl Alcohol, Methyl, Propylparaben, Methylcellulose

Skin: Sensitive, Dark, Warm

Hair: Brown, Curly, Coarse

I bought a big bottle of this at Costco for around $12 dollars after hearing good reviews. I bought it because my skin gets very dry in the colder months, and I love that it has lactic acid to make my skin really smooth and possibly fade some scars on my body that I have. My only complaint is that I wish this what a bit richer and creamier, but it does moisturize really well. This winter I've alternated between this and coconut oil, and I'm very pleased.

on 12/11/2012 8:19:00 PM

I started buying the 22oz pump bottle off ebay for $20 with shipping, it's the best price I've found for a decent amount of this pricey lotion. It is pricey, but it works wonderfully, and when you think about it, compared to other acid lotions, if bought in large quantities, it is the most affordable option I've found. It cleared up the bumps on my legs from shaving that I've had issues with for years in about a month of regular use. I use it 3-4 times a week right now and that is enough to maintain the results. My whole body is wonderfully smooth now. The only downfall, other than the price, is that it can smell pretty awful for the first 20 minutes or so. I have to sit naked and let it air in order for it to fade. It can smell a bit like cat pee at first, which I know is just the high acid content. Fortunately this smell does disappear, leaving no trace of scent at all, so I can wear it during the day which is also a plus. Finding a non-stinky lactic acid lotion is hard.

on 11/8/2012 8:46:00 PM

Hair: Red, Wavy, Fine

PRO'S:

*Probably the strongest humectant I've ever encountered.

The pro's end there.

CON'S:
*Expensive for what it is.
*Stinks, smells like plastic, like the smell of opening a fresh box of Ziplock sandwich bags.
*On the body it smells sour, like stinky shoes and socks. (i.e. B.O.)
*Since this product amounts to being little more than just a prescription strength humectant, on the body it feels like being in the most humid, sticky, and uncomfortable climate imaginable. (i.e. makes me feel gross and grimy)
*I must wash my hands after applying this, or my palms will feel "sweaty" and wet forever.
*No noticeable positive results from using this product, no exfoliation that I noticed.

For my feet, I got exfoliation and better results with a cheap over-the-counter glycolic acid cream.

I'm not really a fan of humectants even in their mildest form, and that's all this product is in my book: A humectant. If you like the idea of all the moisture in the air clinging to your body, then you'll probably love this product.

on 9/6/2012 5:01:00 AM

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Coarse

I have absolutely no complaints about the performance of AmLactin. It works, and it works FAST. I have keratosis pilaris on my upper arms, and this lotion made my arms noticeably smoother within a few days. I find that I don't have to reapply it that often to maintain the results, either... at this point, I apply it before bed 2-3 times a week, and it keeps the bumps at bay.

I don't particularly like the texture of the lotion, however. It's very runny and it doesn't absorb into the skin very quickly. Also, it's fragrance-free, and the way it smells is... eh, not terrible, but certainly not pleasant. To get over the texture/smell issues, I like to mix 2 parts AmLactin with 1 part of a thicker, lightly scented body lotion before I apply it.

on 8/22/2012 3:33:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Warm

A derm recommended this for the ketosis pilaris I have on my chest and legs and I find that while it doesnt cure it (nothing does) it definitely helps. I have been using it for about 3 months, by the way, but I remember noticing improvement within weeks. At first, I used it AM and PM, but now i only use it in PM (I don't really like wearing any lotion but SPF in the summer). It makes my skin look and feel much smoother and it also seems to help calm it and make it less red (which I had not expected). The only thing that bothers me about this stuff is you have remember to WEAR A GOOD SPF daily on any areas that might get exposed. I got sunburned on the back of my calves while running in the morning despite the fact that it was a real stretch to call it running (so I was not sweating) and I had applied SPF to that area before going out (plus it was 6am and i was only out for like 40 mins!). Normally, I am not prone to sunburn, but I also blame it on the SPF I was using (it claimed to be 70spf).

on 7/14/2012 3:56:00 AM

Amazing stuff, just wish it didn't smell like cat pee...

Great lotion. I've been suffering from a skin rash that spread from my mid back to all over my back, chest, stomach, and shoulders which has been going on for about a year now and nothing I tried before seemed to have any affect on it. After doing some research, this lotion kept coming up and I figured it doesn't hurt to try. I'm really glad I did. Though the rash and bumps are not completely gone, I do believe it is this lotion that stabilized the rash and kept it from growing further. The bumps have gone down exceedingly and the lotion has helped to heal my skin. The smell is kinda funky but its not overpowering.

After a ton of researching on the internet, I came across this lotion to help me with the small bumps on my upper arms (keratosis pilaris). This lotion works so well! I used it for about 2 weeks like everyone else and I immediately saw the results. I now have smooth upper arms, super smooth! I totally recommend this!

This product works miracles. When I moved to new york my skin went to hell. It became so dry and itchy that I couldn't stop scratching it even though I was making myself bleed. I slathered myself with skin butters, oils, cortisone creams, anything I could get my hands on and this was the only thing that worked. It smells funny, but it exfoliates and moisturizes really well. Now my skin is back to its normal shiny healthy self again. It also helps make my feet soft, and I use it on my face now and then when my skin starts looking dull.

on 5/6/2012 7:25:00 PM

I swear by this lotion! I had really bad bumps on my legs that would never go away but once I started using this lotion they cleared up in 2 weeks! My skin is soft, and most importantly bump free! If you happen to stop using the product the bumps will occur again and take another 2 weeks to go away. That's the only problem with this lotion but other than that works like a charm!