December 22, 2014 | 1177 users online

Fragrances - Dior - Poison

rated 2 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:07:00 PM More reviews by rachelracel

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Curly, Fine Eyes: Blue

so is Dior out the deoor?

rated 1 of 5 on 6/27/2011 8:01:00 PM More reviews by hesperia

Age: 56 & Over Skin: Combination, Other, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

They reformulated this, too?!?! Heresy! Heresy! OMG, how I hate it when the reformulate old classics. I don't give a hoot about safety, people's alleged sensitivities, environmentally friendliness, or any other excuses for censorship (that's what it is). And if this offends you, go ahead, start crying and sue me. Reformulated scents offend ME, and there's bloody nothing I can do about it. Which means I'm at a vast worse disadvantage. Soto all the terminally sensitive, I say blow your nose, think of that and be happy.

I'm SO glad I still have some of the old formula left. I'll NEVER buy the reformulated rip-off. Dior or any other brand. This pisses me off royally.

11 out of 20 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by shannon83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This perfume as just awesome!! I bought a bottle of the vintage formula so that is what I am reviewing. It is rich, warm, and purple smelling. The yummy grape smell it has is wonderful, smells like yummy honey and flowers too. It has wonderful lasting power and nice silage. I don't find it to be to strong or overbearing like others do, I find it to be nice and subtle. But I also only use one spray otherwise it can prob. be to much for some. I love the Dior Poison line they are such great fragrances. It is def. worth the money and worth a try. This is not for teens and young women though it takes a grown up mature womanly woman to love this fragrance, It is very classy and doesn't smell like anything out these days. It is one of my top faves in my collection along with Hypnotic Poison. If you want to try this though I suggest that you try to find a bottle or sample of the vintage stuff, because the modern day reformulated Poison just doesn't smell the same. It does not have the same vibe at all, I hated the new formula when I smelled it recently. It just smells like gross moth balls and it flat and boring. Def. suggest trying the vintage!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by warietessa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Dior classic, this fragrance but I really do not fit-rather poison hemlock

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was wayyyy to strong for my taste, it smelled chemical-like. That could be due to the way the department store keep it (bright light and heat) but still...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by LiteBulbIsMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhh. Dior Poison.... I love this scent. It is strong and bold.. not for the faint of heart.

I think the main reason I love this perfume is because it reminds me of my mom when I was little. She wore this all the time and it conjures up memories of her waking me up in the morning etc. She still has her old purple bottle with the crystal top that you just pull out and dab on-- not like any today. When you open it, it still smells exactly the same after all these years!! (at least 10)

I purchased a new one for her for Christmas last year and it smells similar... but not the same =/ Disappointing but I still love it bc I know what it's supposed to smell like!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sarah1608

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bold, sexy, and dark. I love this, classic 80's! (not that i was around then anyways but still). I love the fragrances from this time, that my mum used to wear. Pretty pricey, but smells fabulous and lasts long.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by makeuploca

This is a fragrance for the brave. While I do not like this scent I will give it some stars for lasting power, complexity, and cute packaging. This perfume smells like tuberose on steroids when first sprayed and it eventually calms down to a spicy red wine and lighter tuberose scents. It eventually then dies down to a black licorice sweet smelling scent. I imagine a powerful, bold, flamboyant individual to wear this .

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2010 6:09:00 AM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift from my soon-to-be mother-in-law. She used to work at CVS, and so she has a lot of unused fragrances she likes to gift. I'm not sure if the scent has changed over that period of her not working there, or if it's supposed to smell the way it does, but it is just way to strong and musky. Not at all wearable, especially for someone my age.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

The original Poison literally defines perfume in the 80s. I have had mixed feelings about this perfume. It is very strong, even in just EDT form. It smells like wine. coriander, wildberries, orange honey, tuberose are at perfume’s heart, while base note features opopanar. It is very strong but once it settles down it is nice. It is definitely a unique scent that is very reccognizable.