September 21, 2014 | 2012 users online

Fragrances - Christian Dior - Poison

rated 5 of 5 on 5/4/2011 6:09:00 PM More reviews by shannon83

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Warm Hair: Red, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

This perfume as just awesome!! I bought a bottle of the vintage formula so that is what I am reviewing. It is rich, warm, and purple smelling. The yummy grape smell it has is wonderful, smells like yummy honey and flowers too. It has wonderful lasting power and nice silage. I don't find it to be to strong or overbearing like others do, I find it to be nice and subtle. But I also only use one spray otherwise it can prob. be to much for some. I love the Dior Poison line they are such great fragrances. It is def. worth the money and worth a try. This is not for teens and young women though it takes a grown up mature womanly woman to love this fragrance, It is very classy and doesn't smell like anything out these days. It is one of my top faves in my collection along with Hypnotic Poison. If you want to try this though I suggest that you try to find a bottle or sample of the vintage stuff, because the modern day reformulated Poison just doesn't smell the same. It does not have the same vibe at all, I hated the new formula when I smelled it recently. It just smells like gross moth balls and it flat and boring. Def. suggest trying the vintage!!

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 4/20/2011 12:48:00 PM More reviews by warietessa

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Other

Dior classic, this fragrance but I really do not fit-rather poison hemlock

rated 3 of 5 on 4/2/2011 3:16:00 PM More reviews by Nuni2011

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Sensitive, Medium Brown, Cool Hair: Black, Kinky, Coarse Eyes: Brown

This was wayyyy to strong for my taste, it smelled chemical-like. That could be due to the way the department store keep it (bright light and heat) but still...

rated 4 of 5 on 3/1/2011 1:08:00 AM More reviews by LiteBulbIsMe

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ahhh. Dior Poison.... I love this scent. It is strong and bold.. not for the faint of heart.

I think the main reason I love this perfume is because it reminds me of my mom when I was little. She wore this all the time and it conjures up memories of her waking me up in the morning etc. She still has her old purple bottle with the crystal top that you just pull out and dab on-- not like any today. When you open it, it still smells exactly the same after all these years!! (at least 10)

I purchased a new one for her for Christmas last year and it smells similar... but not the same =/ Disappointing but I still love it bc I know what it's supposed to smell like!!! :)

rated 4 of 5 on 2/19/2011 10:41:00 PM More reviews by sarah1608

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Dark, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Bold, sexy, and dark. I love this, classic 80's! (not that i was around then anyways but still). I love the fragrances from this time, that my mum used to wear. Pretty pricey, but smells fabulous and lasts long.

rated 2 of 5 on 2/1/2011 2:31:00 AM More reviews by makeuploca

This is a fragrance for the brave. While I do not like this scent I will give it some stars for lasting power, complexity, and cute packaging. This perfume smells like tuberose on steroids when first sprayed and it eventually calms down to a spicy red wine and lighter tuberose scents. It eventually then dies down to a black licorice sweet smelling scent. I imagine a powerful, bold, flamboyant individual to wear this .

rated 1 of 5 on 12/24/2010 6:09:00 AM More reviews by getdolledup91

Age: 19-24 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Brown

I received this as a gift from my soon-to-be mother-in-law. She used to work at CVS, and so she has a lot of unused fragrances she likes to gift. I'm not sure if the scent has changed over that period of her not working there, or if it's supposed to smell the way it does, but it is just way to strong and musky. Not at all wearable, especially for someone my age.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 12/2/2010 2:49:00 PM More reviews by dioraddict84

The original Poison literally defines perfume in the 80s. I have had mixed feelings about this perfume. It is very strong, even in just EDT form. It smells like wine. coriander, wildberries, orange honey, tuberose are at perfume’s heart, while base note features opopanar. It is very strong but once it settles down it is nice. It is definitely a unique scent that is very reccognizable.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/5/2010 12:29:00 PM More reviews by angekronaus

Age: 30-35 Skin: Dry, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Ive gotta say this fragrance is still an all time classic. Its old-school-cool & by that I mean, its got something that will just last - forever. Its not a modern money maker scent like we seeing all over the place being endorsed by celebrities etc...this is just classic!. I would say it lends itself more to the late 20's age upwards...I definitely wouldn't give it to a teenage or young 20's woman...no.

To me its quite a sophisticated scent, quite complicated - but in a good way. I think its the type of perfume that you either love or you hate...

This perfume is one of my all time favourites because it reminds me a bit of my childhood - i grew up smelling this on both my grandmother & my mother....there is something about scents that transport us to familiar places.

I would definitely buy this again - not in a terrible hurry but I would nonetheless.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/31/2010 11:06:00 AM More reviews by ukarmencb

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Black

The most sensual parfum ever. I first tried it in 1985 when it was just born. I walked with my wrist on my nose for ten minutes because I couldn´t stop smelling it over and over, it was kind of adictive. This is the parfum which has made the strongest impact in my entire life. It has defined my youth, my disco parties, my personality, my whole world. Poison is part of me as I´m part of it. If I want to feel fresh and daily I use Chanel 19 but when I want to feel seductive, sexy and sensual I go to Poison, it never fails. Never ever.

10 out of 10 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No