NYX Single Eye Shadow - Purple

4.2

on 7/9/2009 8:12:00 PM

Skin: Acne-prone, Tan, Not Sure

i love this eyeshadow.it is such a pretty purple color that i love so much!so beautiful...

The colour is a vibrant violet by itself, howver, if you put it over a soft layer of black shadow, it turns into a dark bluish purple colour, very pretty, reminds me of urban decay's ransom. I have MAC's queens jewel from the 2006 cool eyes palette, and it looks exactly the same.

on 6/28/2009 6:37:00 PM

I use this on my crease, not on the whole lid, otherwise it's too chalky. It's lighter than it looks in the pan. It's more purple/lavender than purple. I use MAC Yogurt all over lid, NYX purple in the crease, and MAC Typographic orTrax and sometimes Ulta plum noir in the outer V.

on 6/14/2009 5:54:00 AM

Skin: Dry, Fair, Warm

Applies smoothly, high pigmentation, beautiful blue duo-chrome, non-irritating, no fallout, no staining my eyelids. I love this eye shadow. I have found that with NYX eye shadows it is best to stay with the matte/satin shades and avoid the shimmery/glittery ones because they just don't have the pigmentation that I want. This eye shadow in particular is so gorgeous, and it's so nice for the price, which is just insane. It looks good on pretty much any eye color, any skin tone. I don't even really need to use a primer with this because it stays on, doesn't crease, and the color doesn't ned to be exaggerated, like with some eyeshadows.

Hair: Black, Wavy, Fine

Beautiful color, although it took a few swipes to get the actual color you see in the pot.

on 3/20/2009 7:57:00 PM

Medium purple with blue undertone. Its very pigmented and can be very bright. Similar to Violet pigment (deppending on how you apply it).

Skin: Combination, Medium, Neutral

my very first NYX eyeshadow, yay !
i had originally wanted luxor but after reading reviews describing the color of this e/s, i changed my mind.
i like it alot. it looks BEAUTIFUL on top of Milk (e/s pencil). it's a bright violet color. it also does have some blue undertones, as mentioned in previous reviews.
it really is a lovely color. you won't be disappointed with this one :]

This is really a gorgeous, gorgeous color: electric purple with bright blue undertones and some irridescence. My only complaint is the texture, it's one of the chalky NYX colors. Maybe because it is on the matte side. I still use it and it looks good, but I'd probably try to replace it with something smoother if I could find it.

on 2/20/2009 12:06:00 PM

I was so excited about this product, my very first NYX eyeshadow. And yet, the pigmentation was really poor on my medium skin. Over UDPP the purple was only slightly more vivid.
(3/23/09: I've just bought a MAC 239 brush, which has improved the color payoff.)

on 2/17/2009 8:19:00 AM

I have been buying and wearing NYX's "Purple" for several years now. I first started finding NYX's single e/s in a perfume depot shop in mall for $5.00 each. Now I see that I can buy them online for half that price.:D
The "Purple" is a rich, creamy, shimmery med. purple with duo-chrome blue understones to it. It's so beautiful and incredibly flattering for green and green-hazel eyes. I like this by itself as well as paired with a dark purple in the crease. I have gotten compliments on this color so many times, so it's flattering in more ways than one.:D
It's long lasting and stays where you put it. And it's easy to load onto your brush and apply. Isn't dry and crumbly, very creamy pressed powder quality to it.
I put the quality of this brand up with UD and MAC, seriously. They are fantastic! I have quite a little collection going of NYX's singles and a trio of purples, too. I love the little square containers, they are cute, easy to use and easy to store in my makeup case.
*I highly recommend this product to all purple lovers out there. I will definitely be buying this again for quite some time to come.:D