August 27, 2014 | 1750 users online

Gels/Soaps - Kiehl's - Grapefruit Bath and Shower Liquid Body Cleanser

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 7/20/2004 5:41:00 AM More reviews by SunnyK

Age: 36-43 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Medium Eyes: Brown

As the others have mentioned, this shower gel is a bit on the runny side, and for that reason - Kiehl's really should redo their packaging. You need just a little bit on a washcloth or pouf, and it lathers up a lot. I.e., it's easy to get way too much (and waste quite a bit) with the current packaging, so I can see why others are annoyed. In any case, I also like this shower gel - a nice, subtle grapefruit fragrance and the formulation leaves my skin clean. I also tried the grapefruit lotion - I didn't care for it, but maybe my bottle had gone off, because the other reviews are favorable...

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2004 11:55:00 PM More reviews by Serena94

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Black, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

Love this. My HG body cleanser... all Kiehls shower gels/liquid cleansers are superb. Leaves skin soft and very smooth. Product is slick in the shower with just the right amount of lather (which is not too much... I like that). Great scent. A must-have, IMHO.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/25/2004 8:20:00 PM More reviews by bunny207

This is so delicious!!! It smells like real grapefruits! It lathers really well and makes taking a shower enjoyable. A great body wash!

rated 3 of 5 on 2/25/2004 8:17:00 PM More reviews by HeatherH

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

This is a sorta okay smelling product, but it doesn't last very long. It is very thin and runny and I put it on a puff. It makes a nice lather but I don't think it is very moisturizing. My skin is very sensitive and it sometimes causes bumps on my arms, so now I just tend to use Dove exfoliating bar soap now. It doesn't irritate my skin at all and its a lot cheaper!

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/22/2004 10:06:00 PM More reviews by lobsterh4h

Age: 30-35 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

Laters well, doesn't overstrip the skin, but the price is absurd for what you get.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 2/8/2004 11:05:00 AM More reviews by Bondgirl

Age: 19-24 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

I didnt particularly like this shower gel, since I did not really like the smell. (I really like grapefruits though so I know how FRESH grapefruits smell like!!!)It says grapefruit, but it did not really smell like it, or at least not to me and it also smelled kinda powdery. I didnt find it moisturising or generally anything special about it. I had one of those deluxe sample sizes that a very kind SA gave to me, so two thumbs up for their CS, but not this particular product. The consistency was also very runny and watery, not your usual gel like stuff which some might like more or less depending on their preference! There are cheaper and better smelling shower gels out there. I havent tried the other Kiehls shower stuff, but I will and those might better!

rated 2 of 5 on 1/2/2004 4:19:00 PM More reviews by martawoj

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Other

I had a sample of this that lasted me a really long time. However, I cannot detect any scent. The only positive thing about this product is that a little goes a really long way since it lathers realy well. However, I will rather buy Suave gel for under $2 than pay so much for this if I cannot detect the scent.

rated 5 of 5 on 12/21/2003 5:26:00 PM More reviews by chatperdu

Age: 25-29 Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

this is one of my favourite products--cannot live without kiehl's grapefruit or coriander shower gels. I find that a little goes a long way--just one squirt lathers up pretty well all-over. I buy the large bottle and have it for about 3 months. I think the smell is like candy--it's a nice pick-me up and a good summertime product.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/13/2003 2:26:00 PM More reviews by karinc713

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

this is a gentle body cleanser but it is very runny so you end up using a lot of product. like most kiehl's products, this does not lather much but it cleanses effectively and won't dry the skin. The grapefruit scent is very mild and I'm ok with that.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 10/7/2003 2:43:00 PM More reviews by Pauloy

Age: Unknown Skin: Other, Other, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Other

The ever popular grapfruit in a shower gel. But please note, this review is based on a product whose production date is unknown - it seems it may be over a year or a little bit less. At any rate, it wasn't exactly fresh. And, as with past Kiehl's product experiences, I know that it tends to "expire" after a certain point (i.e. the lip balms were basically unbearable after two years, even the brand new ones).

With this in mind, I found this shower gel to be excellent in it's purpose - to clean your skin in the bath or shower. The smell however, is a different matter. It smelled reminiscent of grapefruit, like you knew it was meant to be grapefruit, but it smelled more like plastic and other things concocted in a lab before the scent essences are added. Or, perhaps, the gel was expired and the smell had diffused and all that remains are the raw ingredient smells on the verge of spoilage.

Needless to say; the scent is not good by any means. The liquid is runny, but despite this, wonderfully suddsy and not drying on the skin. Would I buy it again? No. Perhaps never. Not because it doesn't work, again, it works perfectly, it's just that I don't enjoy using it immensely, and I do like to enjoy my showers and baths, no matter how shallow the matter of scent is.