April 17, 2014 | 1682 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i have this in the yellow gold and rusk. i will likely buy a couple more. the colors really pop and they last. i always use an eyeshadow base so that's never an issue with me. i just apply it where i want it and don't over blend. it's perfect. since they are so bright i have paired mine with a chocolate brown which looks great against my skin tone. these are definitely worth a try. even if you only get one to start.

i do wish the lid were more conducive to pouring a little of the color in there and using it but i guess for the price i won't complain. i like the size and shape of the container so my workaround is to use a tiny piece of foil and just pour a little out and dip my brush into it. what i don't use i can easily pour back into the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by CapaXildebrand

Beautiful. These are beautiful. They come in a great array of shades. They are very soft, super pigmented, don't irritate my skin, blend beautifully, and totally brighten up my eyes. That's the thing I love most about these. I can swatch these shadows next to others that are similar colors, and there is NO comparison to how BRIGHT these are. The shine/shimmer is stunning. It's not chunky shimmer, either. Love that. I personally could care less about the packaging. It's cute, and doesn't bother me so much. For $1.99 who cares?! More than worth it. GET SOME!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

these little pigments are amazing. pigmentation is intense, texture is buttery soft, and price is unbelievable! a great alternative to dishing out nearly $20 for a single MAC pigment (which i always resisted, thank god!). the one downside to these are the packaging. the bottles have a very small/narrow opening that makes it impossible to dip a brush in. all NYX would have to do to make these 5 STARS is to make the opening the same width as the bottle. I shake a bit of product into a tiny dishin order to be able to dip my brush. **NYX, please change the packaging on these awesome shadows!**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Red, Straight, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love these little guys. They are so cute and though, the bottle looks very small, trust me when I say that big things come out of that small package. I depotted the pigment because I don't care for trying to pound out the shadow every time I want to use it, and I couldn't believe how much product came out. It filled 2 1/2 of the containers I bought!! (to describe the amount the containers held, you'd need like a 5 gram sifter jar (large) in order to comfortably (and neatly) hold all of the pigment) And I found each bottle online for a ridiculously cheap price. The color payout is also amazing. I haven't tried all the colors yet but every one I've used so far is amazing. (I bought Jade, White, Nude, Space, Mocha, Fanta, Baby Blue, Baby Pink, Lilac, Mink, Lime) (all are Pearls, so it's White Pearl, etc)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mame71430

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't think I could ever hate NYX even if I tried! There are a number of things this line could brag about - quality, cost, briliant colors, etc. The pearl mania collection is no exception! First of all, thanks to great sellers on Ebay (and even a great retail price), I was able to purchase all of the shades without breaking my bank. There are fun colors such as Jade, but I'm partial to the neutrals because they compliment my every day look quite well.
As with any eyeshadow, a good primer is key. I'll then dab on a fave shade such as 'penny', 'oro', or 'rust' all over my lid, add some 'nude' in the crease, and finish off with 'baby pink' as a highlighter. Unbelievably GORGE! The 'baby pink' is soft yet effective and looks amazing under my brows against ANY shade!
I know many reviews deduct pts for the packaging, but to me that's a bonus! Not only do yu get an amazing shadow, but also a chance to get crafty! Since I love the neutrals so much I decided to jazz things up. I bought a plastic case with small jars at my local craft store (bead aisle) to depot my shadows in. The fun part was decorating the case with the leopard and lace trim the I found at the store! So much fun and now I have a sexy case to display those awesome shadows in! (Pic to be added)
Dont let the packaging, the low price, or anything else discourage you. This truly is a WONDERFUL product!!
Have fun!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by alexaclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are great and highly pigmented. I use them over annabelle's cream eyeshadow just to make sure that they stick. Like others have mentioned, the packaging is horrible! But they're still a steal at 4.99$ a piece in canada.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/21/2010 12:23:00 AM More reviews by TinkerbellonCrack

I bought 10 of these on ebay just for fun. I was planning on pressing a few into a quad and that was about it.

I have had so much fun mixing these colors together and creating tons of different shades. The quality pleasantly surprised me; I would compare these to UD shadows; very intense shimmer and even more so when wet. I do recommend using a primer and pressing these if at all possible, but we'll get to that...

The way people complained about the packaging, I was braced for something really terrible but it's not that bad and makes total sense. I have several brushes that fit into the bottleneck and the product is too finely-milled for that anyway. Do be careful when handling these.

I pressed mine and it was easy and a lot of fun! You MUST use a binding agent because unlike MAC pigments, these do not contain one and will crumble if you use only alcohol.

My favorite pressed shade is a combo of Walnut and Jade that came out a lush olive green/gold. I look forward to buying more of these and pressing away!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2010 3:04:00 PM More reviews by ShaunaRich

I LOVE these pigments, the colours are amazing and you can't beat the price. Fantastic assortment of colours tool. The only issue I have with them is the packaging because the pigment is hard to get out onto your brush. I would totally reccomend these.

rated 5 of 5 on 11/17/2010 11:07:00 PM More reviews by iheartduncan78

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Tan, Warm Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

Such a good product! I purchased several of these pigments and I find that they have excellent color pay off! A little goes a long way. Like previous reviews have mentioned, when these pigments are used with a base, eyeshadow will last all day! Its definitely a cheaper alternative to MAC pigments. NYX has a variety of colors. The only problem I have, like others, is the packaging. Other than that, I am very happy with these pigments!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/11/2010 8:17:00 AM More reviews by SigneT

Age: 19-24 Skin: Oily, Fair, Cool Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Green

Really good product! Stays on long even without a primer. Bad packaging tho. But its worth the price. I will def buy the other colors

UPDATE: Ive got all of the colors now. I love all of them.
I use these for:
- Mix with clear nailpolish to get a gorgeous new nailcolor
- Take some water on my brush and "foil" them. Its suuuperpretty! The colors become more vibrant and the last the whole day. I really recommend doing that
- Mix a tiny bit of a light one in my foundation and use as a highlighter