December 21, 2014 | 913 users online

Eye Shadow - NYX - Ultra Pearl Mania

• Price: $

rated 5 of 5 on 11/18/2011 4:31:00 PM More reviews by raspberrie

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

Love love love these! They're super vibrant and the colors are gorgeous. They really do have to have a primer though.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 11/4/2011 7:01:00 AM More reviews by daintydancer

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Green

Important that readers understand this is a review from a pro artist 20 years in the industry. How can anyone go wrong with these at 2.50, pro artists also receive 25% discount according to criteria. Problem is many people do not know how to work with pigments, They will not last without the area being primed first, As this is a NYX review,I also use either a water or silicon based primer depending on the chosen product. Begin with an all over primer, for the eyes try the eye shadow base, I prefer the white, or the new NYX HD eye primer. I actually much prefer these shadows to the chrome pigments. I'm trying to give practical advise when I say JUMBO PENCILS ARE NOT PRIMERS, they are waxy, if you want to use them place a primer first. I often use the nude, pearl or white pearl, to hi light under the brow bone or cheek bone, they work nicely just on top of NYX cream blush, which I adore, as good as Mac.Its all about the preparation, grab some cream blush, You will not be disappointed, a fraction goes a long way

rated 5 of 5 on 4/14/2011 10:46:00 PM More reviews by kristymcn92

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Green

I adore these eye shadows. These are some of the best quality loose eye shadows I have come across and they're drugstore brand for only $2 at Ulta! These are even comparable to MAC in my opinion, but for 1/10th of the price! These are really pigmented and gorgeous and blend like a dream. I've always had gripes about drugstore brands not carrying fun eye shadow shades, or if they did it would be someone like Maybelline that I couldn't buy from because they tested on animals. NYX doesn't test on animals, has this amazing product, and is one of the cheapest brands out there. What more could you ask for?

rated 2 of 5 on 4/10/2011 12:13:00 PM More reviews by Alissab123

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Red, Straight, Medium Eyes: Blue

I bought these because I thought they looked pretty but I didn't really like the product all that much. Very messy. I ended up putting it into a contact case and even then very messy. I bought the white and the pink colors, the pink do not look anything like it did on the outside but the white was pretty true to color. It was okay but I will definatly not be purchasing this again. Total waste of money.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 2/27/2011 4:23:00 PM More reviews by sll74

i have this in the yellow gold and rusk. i will likely buy a couple more. the colors really pop and they last. i always use an eyeshadow base so that's never an issue with me. i just apply it where i want it and don't over blend. it's perfect. since they are so bright i have paired mine with a chocolate brown which looks great against my skin tone. these are definitely worth a try. even if you only get one to start.

i do wish the lid were more conducive to pouring a little of the color in there and using it but i guess for the price i won't complain. i like the size and shape of the container so my workaround is to use a tiny piece of foil and just pour a little out and dip my brush into it. what i don't use i can easily pour back into the container.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/23/2011 12:50:00 AM More reviews by CapaXildebrand

Beautiful. These are beautiful. They come in a great array of shades. They are very soft, super pigmented, don't irritate my skin, blend beautifully, and totally brighten up my eyes. That's the thing I love most about these. I can swatch these shadows next to others that are similar colors, and there is NO comparison to how BRIGHT these are. The shine/shimmer is stunning. It's not chunky shimmer, either. Love that. I personally could care less about the packaging. It's cute, and doesn't bother me so much. For $1.99 who cares?! More than worth it. GET SOME!

rated 4 of 5 on 2/10/2011 9:16:00 PM More reviews by Marcela213

Age: 25-29 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

these little pigments are amazing. pigmentation is intense, texture is buttery soft, and price is unbelievable! a great alternative to dishing out nearly $20 for a single MAC pigment (which i always resisted, thank god!). the one downside to these are the packaging. the bottles have a very small/narrow opening that makes it impossible to dip a brush in. all NYX would have to do to make these 5 STARS is to make the opening the same width as the bottle. I shake a bit of product into a tiny dishin order to be able to dip my brush. **NYX, please change the packaging on these awesome shadows!**

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 12/29/2010 5:53:00 PM More reviews by Rin13

Age: 25-29 Skin: Very Dry, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Grey

I love these little guys. They are so cute and though, the bottle looks very small, trust me when I say that big things come out of that small package. I depotted the pigment because I don't care for trying to pound out the shadow every time I want to use it, and I couldn't believe how much product came out. It filled 2 1/2 of the containers I bought!! (to describe the amount the containers held, you'd need like a 5 gram sifter jar (large) in order to comfortably (and neatly) hold all of the pigment) And I found each bottle online for a ridiculously cheap price. The color payout is also amazing. I haven't tried all the colors yet but every one I've used so far is amazing. (I bought Jade, White, Nude, Space, Mocha, Fanta, Baby Blue, Baby Pink, Lilac, Mink, Lime) (all are Pearls, so it's White Pearl, etc)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/1/2010 12:31:00 PM More reviews by mame71430

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Blue

I don't think I could ever hate NYX even if I tried! There are a number of things this line could brag about - quality, cost, briliant colors, etc. The pearl mania collection is no exception! First of all, thanks to great sellers on Ebay (and even a great retail price), I was able to purchase all of the shades without breaking my bank. There are fun colors such as Jade, but I'm partial to the neutrals because they compliment my every day look quite well.
As with any eyeshadow, a good primer is key. I'll then dab on a fave shade such as 'penny', 'oro', or 'rust' all over my lid, add some 'nude' in the crease, and finish off with 'baby pink' as a highlighter. Unbelievably GORGE! The 'baby pink' is soft yet effective and looks amazing under my brows against ANY shade!
I know many reviews deduct pts for the packaging, but to me that's a bonus! Not only do yu get an amazing shadow, but also a chance to get crafty! Since I love the neutrals so much I decided to jazz things up. I bought a plastic case with small jars at my local craft store (bead aisle) to depot my shadows in. The fun part was decorating the case with the leopard and lace trim the I found at the store! So much fun and now I have a sexy case to display those awesome shadows in! (Pic to be added)
Dont let the packaging, the low price, or anything else discourage you. This truly is a WONDERFUL product!!
Have fun!!!

rated 5 of 5 on 11/27/2010 6:10:00 PM More reviews by alexaclarke

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Medium, Warm Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Grey

These are great and highly pigmented. I use them over annabelle's cream eyeshadow just to make sure that they stick. Like others have mentioned, the packaging is horrible! But they're still a steal at 4.99$ a piece in canada.