July 28, 2014 | 1506 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tracygraham

This product is total garbage...no coverage, doesn't last and the color changes dramatically the first hour you wear it! Had to return it..even at $9.99 I expected better than this from Covergirl. I did love the pump..it was the perfect amount of product! Otherwise, this was a dud!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

My review is for the new truBlend in the clear glass bottle with raised clear writing on the side, and white letters on the front, in the shades #L5 (formerly 420 - Creamy Natural) and #L6 (formerly #425 Buff Beige).

I used to wear the old "trublend with blendable minerals" liquid foundation in Buff Beige which matched okay, was easy to blend, gave nice light to medium coverage and looked natural - and that is what I was expecting with this version of truBlend. But of course - like many reformulations, unfortunately this one looked terrible on my skin!

I bought 2 shades because Buff Beige was what I wore most of the time in CG foundations, and got Creamy Natural just in case it was too dark. The lighter one, Creamy Natural, is about 2-3 shades too light for me, but when I first applied it, looked okay - just a bit too light obviously but within 3 SECONDS I kid you not - this oxidised on my HAND before I could even finish applying it. I had dabbed it on my cheek and I could see nude and orange-brown streaks appearing like waves. Even my husband laughed and asked what the heck was wrong with my face as I stood bewildered in front of my mirror. I've never seen anything like this. That was two weeks ago, and I thought I'd try it again - same thing. The shade Creamy Natural and Buff Beige both oxidised horribly to the colour of pumpkins. I tried experimenting just to see if it was workable in any way, using different moisturisers, no moisturiser beneath at all, primer, other primers, no primers, with powder or without, sponges, brushes etc. . ..the results was always the same : streaky and orange. I also didn't like the texture very much, it's kind of thick and feels like almost like tinted moisturiser or moisturising gel but then becomes a bit more watery. The coverage is light to almost medium.

I have never, ever in my life had a foundation that oxidised so fast - and I honestly never even believed this could happen when others would mention it, but this foundation has made me believe. Worst foundation I have ever used. This is worse than my former #1 worst base product - WnW Intuitive Blend - which has larger than average balls in it that burst with "skin colour". I'd rather use that junk, and mash bizarre balls into my face - that's how bad this is. If you're considering buying this - try and test it out on your hand. It's like a Cinderella magic trick, turns your hand into a pumpkin in 12 seconds, you don't have to wait till midnight. Just awful! I don't know if it's just the bottles I got or all of them - but if you buy this get a few shades at least, and something way lighter than your skin tone - also keep a receipt just in case. I also posted a picture above, of the new bottles before they went sailing into the trash and of the shade "Creamy Natural" as it oxidises on my hand, and I think the orange streakiness pretty much says it all.

Well, at least it was kind of neat to watch it change colour. Thank goodness I didn't go into work like that or I'd be laughed out of the building.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by logloglog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the drugstore one, I have semi fair skin, and I think it works amazing for dry skin! but i do not suggest this product for oily skinned people:)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by mimisamxx

I wasn't a huge fan of this foundation. I found it to be quite thin, and not give me a good coverage as i have pimples. Another annoying thing about this product, is that (not sure with the other colours) but the number 1, 405 colour- when you left it for a while (not used it) and you push the pump, the pigment of the foundation had gone a dark browny/grey swirls. And you had to pump it out, mix it on your hand then apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by hollyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I loved the discontinued mousse version, however the liquid foundation is not nearly as good. This foundations does not blend as well as the mousse and settles more into fine lines and pores. I also found that the colour that I bought which was apparently the same colour as the mousse version did not match my skin tone. I have very sensitive skin and while this product did not break me out, it did not look good. I now wear LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation and it is the only foundation that does not break out my sensitive skin and looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To start, I love the packaging!

I normally shy away from drugstore products because they are so easy to tamper with. This comes in a securely sealed plastic/cardboard box, and the product itself sits in a nice plastic pump bottle.

Second, this equals or outperforms higher end foundations. I think this is similar to Chantecaille Future Skin, but the finish is not as dewy looking. The texture was the most comfortable of the 'color match' foundations I've tried lately, no gross silicone or thick feeling, even though I wore it for over 10 hours. It does a nice job of evening out your skintone without looking masky or otherwise fake.

Only thing I noticed where a few dry spots which I corrected with my moisturizer

rated 4 of 5 on 9/24/2013 1:32:00 AM More reviews by sars1999

finally found a foundation that matches my skin tone.
i have mine in 1 ivory which is the first drugstore foundation ive found light enough for me.Its light weight and easy to blend with a round top foundation brush. It has little coverage which i dont mind, just enough to cover up my redness and minor imperfections. It feels like skin which i like and you can still see some imperfections which i dont mind. might go patchy on dry skin but didnt cake on my oily to combination skin.

rated 3 of 5 on 9/5/2013 2:56:00 AM More reviews by BunnylaBelle

I'm on the fence about this foundation. I was a big fan of the discontinued mousse formula so when I saw this on sale for about $15 (cheap where I live) I thought I'd give it a go!
Despite my average rating of it, it currently replaces my MAC studio fix fluid in my make-up routine.

Colour: This is perhaps the most wonderful match colour-wise I have ever had in a foundation. I have shade 405 Ivory which is perfect for those who lean towards a yellow skin tone. I didn't realise how orange my MAC foundation was making me till I tried this!

Application: I find that this is best applied on a well moisturised face using a sponge or a flat foundation brush. So, it may not be that appropriate for those with dry skin. You have to work with it quickly because it dries pretty damn fast. I then apply concealer, powder my T-zone and voila, I get a pretty natural and flawless look.
I find it lasts decently all day provided I blot around lunch. I'm sure it'll last longer with primer however I currently don't use one.

Coverage: The coverage is light to medium. I mainly use this for evening out my skin tone which it does fairly well. It doesn't really do much to help dark circles though, so I have to use even more concealer (than usual) for that.

Pros:
-Price
-Evens out skin tone
-Didn't break me out
-Nice light-weight foundation for the price

Cons:
-Hard to work with
-Does little to cover dark circles

rated 4 of 5 on 8/6/2013 2:12:00 PM More reviews by BabyDoll367

I liked this foundation a lot. Its a little on the wet side, so its probably not best for people that have skin on the oily side. It stays true to its name and DOES blend well into my skin. After awhile though, it does make my face feel a little stuff and dry. But in the beginning it feels like I'm wearing nothing. As time goes on though, it begins to feel cakey. Either way, I really like this foundation. The price is a little much, but you cant expect any good makeup to be cheap.

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 7/7/2013 4:51:00 AM More reviews by Eastend_Snob

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Red, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Brown

I bought this on a whimsy at my local Woolies. I think its a little bit gimmiky because it most certainly didn't not blend into me. If anything, I looked a little bit dirty.