September 1, 2014 | 2011 users online

Liquid - Cover Girl - TruBlend Liquid Makeup

rated 5 of 5 on 1/31/2014 8:36:00 AM More reviews by rachelkompier

I purchased this on a whim in the color l6. I've been trying to find a foundation that really works for me forever and I've tried many different types! I was pleasantly surprised with this foundation and it is just what I was looking for. I have combination skin with very dry patches and very oily areas, this foundation made everything even and provided just the right amount of coverage for daily wear. I applied by just buffing on with a makeup brush and then setting with a few sweeps of Mac Powder + Foundation in the color NW20. It doesn't feel like you're wearing foundation at all (I hate that heavy makeup feeling!) and feels good on the skin. I will be re-purchasing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/13/2014 12:01:00 PM More reviews by Philipmom02

Age: 30-35 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I was pleasantly surprised when I tried this foundation again after decades of using it. I loved it years back in high school so when I tried the new 3 in 1 and felt it was too heavy and turned slightly orange on me, I'd give it a shot. This gives me a flawless, weightless and perfect match to my skin tone. (I use the -10 series in CG, 110, 210, 310, etc. I believe its the neutral fair undertone for their lines) So Classic Ivory is the shade I use in their foundations and its always the best match.

I apply this over their new silicone primer thats like Mallys. I pat it on one pump with my fingers which is the perfect amount. Since it is water based it feels very hydrating which I wasn't expecting. It also feels weightless and blends in beautifully before setting. After a minute I fluff on some trublend powder on top to set it with the new crayon concealer (which is also great in its own right, barely any creasing undereyes and brightens well) It stays put from when I take my son to school, 7am, to when i put him to bed,7 pm. It looks nearly the same as when I first put it on which is pretty amazing for a DS that doesnt claim to be long lasting like the 3 in 1.

Comparing it to the Cream Foundation its much lighter but doesn't have that nice almond scent to it. But still feels very hydrating. Comparing it to the 3 in 1 it has a similar finish and staying power if you use a primer and powder, but since it is less pigmented it doesn't turn orange on me (yes i know its a full coverage but I wanted to try it out).
I am actually preferring this over my Jane Iredale Dream Tint TM which is quite expensive and gives a better finish. If this is how far DS have come since I've tried HE, I think I'm going to be spending more time at the DS!

Give it a shot! Find it when its BOGO or you have 50% sale. I think you might be quite surprised with this one if you have fairly balanced skin. If you are more oily I'd definitely use a primer and a powder.

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 1/4/2014 1:11:00 PM More reviews by stimwink1

I wanted to try a cooler foundation. I usually when I get matched they lean to giving me a yellow base but lately they are looking very orange to me. So at $9.99 with a $5.00 coupon at Walgreens I decided to try the new formulation. I went with L4 Classic Beige in the lighter tone. And for what it is I did like the results. I have the Benefit Hello Flawless in Champagne which was $30 and the consistency is exactly the same. It's a liquid and a bit runny but I dabbed it on my face and blended it in with my ELF flat brush. I didn't get a lot of transfer on the brush because it is synthetic vs Hair and I got a decent blend. It set fairly quickly and I used ELF HL powder. I'm now at hour 8 with another 6 hours to go on a busy day and the foundation has not set into my pours or faded. So far so good. While not a HG I think it's a good everyday or at least a busy day foundation that I can use instead of my more expensive brand and I like the range of colors. If your a foundation picky person, no this may not appeal to you , but if you're budget minded and/or don't want to use your expensive foundation everyday this maybe a good alternative for you!

rated 4 of 5 on 1/2/2014 12:23:00 AM More reviews by KyraMillard

I finally found a foundation that matches my skin tone.
I bounced around from product to product for years before finding one that actually matches. I have very pale skin, so most foundations called Ivory that are the lightest the line carries were too dark. This one matches perfectly.
It is a bit thin, but that's fine for me since I don't need a ton of coverage. It doesn't break me out at all and doesn't cake up as long as it's applied with a sponge or a very light hand with a dry fluffy brush (it's called dry-brushing and is my preferred method of applying foundation since it only applies a thin layer and looks more natural and not streaky or anything). I do find that I need to set it with powder or that it looks a little oily after a few hours so it would not be good for someone with oily skin.

rated 1 of 5 on 12/31/2013 5:00:00 PM More reviews by tracygraham

This product is total garbage...no coverage, doesn't last and the color changes dramatically the first hour you wear it! Had to return it..even at $9.99 I expected better than this from Covergirl. I did love the pump..it was the perfect amount of product! Otherwise, this was a dud!

rated 1 of 5 top reviewer on 12/18/2013 11:42:00 AM More reviews by cathykl

My review is for the new truBlend in the clear glass bottle with raised clear writing on the side, and white letters on the front, in the shades #L5 (formerly 420 - Creamy Natural) and #L6 (formerly #425 Buff Beige).

I used to wear the old "trublend with blendable minerals" liquid foundation in Buff Beige which matched okay, was easy to blend, gave nice light to medium coverage and looked natural - and that is what I was expecting with this version of truBlend. But of course - like many reformulations, unfortunately this one looked terrible on my skin!

I bought 2 shades because Buff Beige was what I wore most of the time in CG foundations, and got Creamy Natural just in case it was too dark. The lighter one, Creamy Natural, is about 2-3 shades too light for me, but when I first applied it, looked okay - just a bit too light obviously but within 3 SECONDS I kid you not - this oxidised on my HAND before I could even finish applying it. I had dabbed it on my cheek and I could see nude and orange-brown streaks appearing like waves. Even my husband laughed and asked what the heck was wrong with my face as I stood bewildered in front of my mirror. I've never seen anything like this. That was two weeks ago, and I thought I'd try it again - same thing. The shade Creamy Natural and Buff Beige both oxidised horribly to the colour of pumpkins. I tried experimenting just to see if it was workable in any way, using different moisturisers, no moisturiser beneath at all, primer, other primers, no primers, with powder or without, sponges, brushes etc. . ..the results was always the same : streaky and orange. I also didn't like the texture very much, it's kind of thick and feels like almost like tinted moisturiser or moisturising gel but then becomes a bit more watery. The coverage is light to almost medium.

I have never, ever in my life had a foundation that oxidised so fast - and I honestly never even believed this could happen when others would mention it, but this foundation has made me believe. Worst foundation I have ever used. This is worse than my former #1 worst base product - WnW Intuitive Blend - which has larger than average balls in it that burst with "skin colour". I'd rather use that junk, and mash bizarre balls into my face - that's how bad this is. If you're considering buying this - try and test it out on your hand. It's like a Cinderella magic trick, turns your hand into a pumpkin in 12 seconds, you don't have to wait till midnight. Just awful! I don't know if it's just the bottles I got or all of them - but if you buy this get a few shades at least, and something way lighter than your skin tone - also keep a receipt just in case. I also posted a picture above, of the new bottles before they went sailing into the trash and of the shade "Creamy Natural" as it oxidises on my hand, and I think the orange streakiness pretty much says it all.

Well, at least it was kind of neat to watch it change colour. Thank goodness I didn't go into work like that or I'd be laughed out of the building.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 4 of 5 on 12/11/2013 7:23:00 PM More reviews by logloglog

Age: 18 & Under Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Red, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I bought the drugstore one, I have semi fair skin, and I think it works amazing for dry skin! but i do not suggest this product for oily skinned people:)

rated 2 of 5 on 11/20/2013 6:46:00 AM More reviews by mimisamxx

I wasn't a huge fan of this foundation. I found it to be quite thin, and not give me a good coverage as i have pimples. Another annoying thing about this product, is that (not sure with the other colours) but the number 1, 405 colour- when you left it for a while (not used it) and you push the pump, the pigment of the foundation had gone a dark browny/grey swirls. And you had to pump it out, mix it on your hand then apply it.

rated 3 of 5 on 11/19/2013 3:25:00 PM More reviews by hollyu

Age: 19-24 Skin: Sensitive, Medium, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

I bought this product because I loved the discontinued mousse version, however the liquid foundation is not nearly as good. This foundations does not blend as well as the mousse and settles more into fine lines and pores. I also found that the colour that I bought which was apparently the same colour as the mousse version did not match my skin tone. I have very sensitive skin and while this product did not break me out, it did not look good. I now wear LORAC - Natural Performance Foundation and it is the only foundation that does not break out my sensitive skin and looks great!

rated 4 of 5 on 10/29/2013 2:40:00 PM More reviews by CarlieJacobsLove

Age: 30-35 Skin: Normal, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brunette, Other, Other Eyes: Brown

To start, I love the packaging!

I normally shy away from drugstore products because they are so easy to tamper with. This comes in a securely sealed plastic/cardboard box, and the product itself sits in a nice plastic pump bottle.

Second, this equals or outperforms higher end foundations. I think this is similar to Chantecaille Future Skin, but the finish is not as dewy looking. The texture was the most comfortable of the 'color match' foundations I've tried lately, no gross silicone or thick feeling, even though I wore it for over 10 hours. It does a nice job of evening out your skintone without looking masky or otherwise fake.

Only thing I noticed where a few dry spots which I corrected with my moisturizer