April 17, 2014 | 1748 users online

Treatments - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Neutral Hair: Blond, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this oil :(

I have very dry/sensitive skin in the winter. I tried this face oil because I've heard great reviews about the product and the sales rep at Shopper's really advocated for it. So I bought it. I followed all the instructions and used 2 drops. Smells lovely. It did give my skin moisture but after 3 days, I broke out hard! So I took a break from it as my skin cleared up and they tried it again (could have been a pre-mentrual breakout) but I broke out into cystic acne! Again once I stopped using the product, my skin cleared up. So disappointing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by angusmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this facial product about six months ago after having a sample that lasted about 4-5 applications. I have purchased some products from this company over the lst two years and for the most part have been very pleased with their performance, althougfh they are expensive, some things I consider to be worth spending more on while others cheaper products fit the bill just fine. I was initially a bit leary about putting oil on my face as I have mostly normal some combo skin at times. I was having problems with dry patches on my face seemed worse in certain places(workplace) during winter heating season. My lips and nose were also dry. This waas recommended as a treatment following exfoliation to remove flaky skin and hydrate. It is 30ml, sells for $50 Can and comes in a glass bottle with a dropper so it is easy to control, neat application for an oil product and you can see how much is in the bottle. I beleive there are several varieties for different skin types as well and the ingredients are natural. I love the smell, when I use it its like a spa experience. It cleared up the dry patches after about a week and I use it now 2-3 times pr week and have about 1/3 left. I often use it after cleansing and then apply my niht products a couple of hours later as it absorbs completely, as I said I wasnt crazy about using "oil" but my skin loves it, thre is no mess and it really works, great fragrance to boot, I have been asked what I am wearing as people think its a type of body scent from an organic line. I am glad to have it as a treatment product in my skincare line.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by elisejarnved

I have tried both this oil and the one for combination skin. I do not use oils alone, it dries my skin out, but mixing a few drops with my nighttime moisturiser in the winter is wonderful! Unfortunately this oil broke me out, it gave me whiteheads, no matter how small amount I used :( but my skin likes the one for combination skin. And i love the glass bottle with the dresser, it looks so.. Nice! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kerrieyre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was a little sceptical about this as its another premium skin care range that potentially wont work for me. SO i slather this product on my skin as i have done with other oils. It sits on my skin and i look like a grease monkey but it felt good for a while. I had to go to this extreme method as nothing offered any sort of sustained hydration to my skin other than vaseline which isnt very nourishing. Id find myself reapplying moisturiser throughout the day as vaseline doesnt look too good during the day. This oil penetrates far deeper than the moisturiser alone, hydrating and nourishing the under layers of skin. I really recommend following the instructions of mixing a few drops of the oil with a few drops of toning lotion, this made a huge difference in its effectiveness for me. It sinks in perfectly, providing hydration to my skin from inside. Just slapping oil on the skin straight up isnt a good idea as it creates a film/barrier for any moisturisers to get in and nourish the skin. The smell is lovely. Its soothing and aromatic and i love smelling my hands after i've pressed it onto my skin!
So Clarins face oil might just be my answer to perfect skin care combined with the toning lotion with camomile and hydraquench rich cream my skin seems to be coming right. I had come to the conclusion that my skin does not produce ANY of its own oils its THAT dry! This is especially in the winter. Price.... u cannot put a price on your health, it think the same is for skin care. if it does exactly what u want... u'd pay anything! U have that skin for the rest of your life, look after it as best u can!

UPDATE: Been using this every morning and evening now for about 2 months and WOW!!! It has kept the winter away from my skin! No redness and no dry itchy sensitivity. My skin tone has been nothing less than perfect and after cleansing and applying the oil with the toner my skin IS perfect! This is my HG skin product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for almost two months at night. I like it but I'm not crazy about it. I like the smell and the feel. I still use a toner beforehand and put moisturizer on top or sometimes just use it alone. I've gotten use to it as part of my routine in the evening so I probably will buy this again.

rated 2 of 5 on 11/23/2012 1:32:00 PM More reviews by rawrlikeakitty

I hate to spoil this product's high ratings with a negative review, but unfortunately, the oil just didn't work out for me. I struggle with dehydrated skin with acne, and in one of those spells of desperation that usually occur after a bad breakout, I looked online and found a product that seemed absolutely perfect--helps with dehydrated skin, doesn't cause acne. I had few qualms about putting an oil on my face; the idea doesn't sound that foreign, and I appreciate the logic behind it. This product has an amazing scent, but it just didn't work out when I really tried using it. I applied this by leaving my face slightly damp, warming up a few drops between my palms, and then pressing my palms against my face...no matter how many ways I tried applying it (with moisturizer, without moisturizer, rubbing it in, etc.), it just wouldn't absorb into my skin, thus leaving it very greasy. I left it sitting there atop my skin, hoping that it would sink in eventually, but it never really did, and so I was left with a worse mess than before. I've since tried using extra virgin cold-pressed organic coconut and argan oils, as well as tea tree oil and refined camellia oil...the last one gave me similar results as the Blue Orchid oil, so I think my skin just can't absorb refined oils. I can see why this product would be great for others (as evidenced by the great ratings), but it was just not for me :(

3 out of 4 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 11/19/2012 11:03:00 AM More reviews by taraguipame

Age: 36-43 Skin: Acne-prone, Other, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

Hace algún tiempo sentía que mi piel estaba "apagada" y deshidratada y este aceite la recuperó por completo, haciendo que se vea fresca, descansada, mas uniforme, y saludable. No ha hecho que salgan granitos o puntos negros, a pesar de que tengo piel mixta.Lo otro positivo es que se usa muy poco producto (6-8 gotas aprox), por lo que un frasco dura bastante tiempo. Me gustó muchísimo y obviamente volvería a comprarla!!

rated 4 of 5 on 11/13/2012 2:37:00 PM More reviews by Vikilu

I have got the bottle with the old packaging with more product inside. When I first used it, I just put two or three drops on my hand and rubbed it on my face. It made my face quite sticky and oily and it took a long while to completely absorb into my skin. After I had unhappily used up half of the bottle, I discovered the instruction video on Clarins website and realized I should have mixed one drop of oil with one or two drops of toner to make it work. Now I mix one drop oil with two or three drops of Clarins toner. With the help of the toner, the oil is less sticky and absorbs into my skin really fast. Also when I mix it with toner, I actually use less product so it will last longer. I wish I had known the correct instruction earlier.

11 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 10/20/2012 7:05:00 PM More reviews by hellothere2013

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brown, Straight, Medium Eyes: Green

After a few days of use

Pros:
- Smells good
-it slightly:
- balances skin
- plumps skin
- softens skin

Cons
- cause some blackheads to surface
- not a drastic difference

Good for
- people with relatively clear skin that just needs some 'balancing'and hydration

I'll keep using it and see if my mind changes..

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 10/3/2012 3:23:00 AM More reviews by franzvonstuck

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brunette, Straight, Fine Eyes: Hazel

Having thought about buying a face oil from Clarins, I picked this oil up at the duty free for 20% off.
Generally, Clarins is not my brand as I tried different products and they all didn´t work out for me.
But I love face oils, especially combinations of different oils as they seem to work better than just putting one single carrier oil on my face. And I admit I buy the face oils from several brands as I´m not the diy type.
For me, it was hard to choose between this one and the Santal oil. They had a tester of the Santal oil and it seemed more heavy to me than the Blue Orchid oil.
In the end, I choose this one, because my skin is combo and dehydrated rather than dry. Anything that hydrates is always a good choice for my skin.
The oil has a golden colour, is light and liquid and smells like patchouli. I´m not fond of the scent, but it dissappears quickly and doesn´t bother me that much. It comes in a glass bottle with a pipette, very nice and pratical.
I tried different versions of use and I´m very pleased with the results.
Clarins recommends that you use the oil at night on a damp face. That´s important as the oil can better sink into your skin when your face is damp. They also advice you to warm the oil in the palm of your hands before you pat it on your face. You don´t need much oil, only 2 or 3 drops as too much oil leaves your skin a bit greasy.
I use a few drops of the oil after washing and spraying my face with thermal water at night and wake up with baby soft skin.
As I regularly use Avene´s Eluage retin-a cream at night, I put the cream on my face, spray Thermal water all over my face and pat the warmed oil all over my face. This gives me by far the best results yet as my skin is plump, moist and baby soft in the morning. The oil counteracts nicely the often drying effects of retin-a. I put the oil on top of the cream as I don´t want to have a "barrier" from the oil that prevents the retin-a from working.
Other reviers mentioned that you can mix the oil with your moisturizer. I will surely try this in wintertime as it´s not cold enough yet and I don´t need a heavy moisturizer in fall.
Another tip from other reviwers is to put it into your face mask. I can easily imagine that this also works beautifully.
What so nice about this oil is that it seems to improve the general condition of my skin.
My skin is healthier, more hydrated, my pores are fine and the general appearance of my skin is glowing and good.
Yes, it is expensive, but a little goes a long way and the oil is very versatile.
I definitely recommend this to people with dehydrated skin. Love it and I don´t regret buying this wonderful product as it is worth every cent.

10 out of 11 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No