January 25, 2015 | 1974 users online

Treatments (Face) - Clarins - Blue Orchid Face Treatment Oil

rated 5 of 5 on 5/16/2013 3:43:00 AM More reviews by rachelk94

I have very dry skin through winter and this works amazing! Used this treatment as the rep told me for 8 times. Also to those people who had trouble with it absorbing i had the same until i read you need to use a patting motion then it aborbed fine. Makes my skin the softest and nicest through winter have no dryness or trouble or wind burn like i usually get. Few treatments and my skin is amazing evens out my uneven toning and smooths, makes my pores smaller aswell! really noticed an improvement!

rated 3 of 5 on 5/3/2013 9:21:00 PM More reviews by Melavigne

I've used the Lotus Face Oil last year and absolutely loved it. Being me, I don't usually stick to one product that works for me. I like to experience new things. I moved to London last year and the weather aren't helping with my skin conditions. So, I've thought about getting the Lotus Face Oil since it works wonders to me when I used to in Malaysia. Due to the cold weather for the past few months, I decided to get Blue Orchid (for dehydrated skin) for my much needed skin.

I only use at night as I have combination skin and I sleep with my window open. Without this, I usually wake up to oily face (you know the whole "if you face is too dry, it starts to produce sebum to make up for it"?) After using this face oil, my face feel softer and much less oily. I don't have the urge to wash my face immediately.

I ordered my bottle online because its much cheaper than the counters but I missed out the fact that it has certain ingredients which I am not really a fan of. I like everything about it but the smell, Patchouli. I absolutely love the herb-y scent of Lotus Oil. So, both are absolutely great, even though I am not particularly bothered by the scent, I would go for Lotus Face Oil and probably top it off with stronger moisturizer.

For now, I am using up my current serum from Vichy for day (lighter) and replacing it with Lotus Face Oil. I am excited already. =p

I will update again after using for a month.

rated 5 of 5 on 4/26/2013 8:21:00 AM More reviews by bondgirl1979

I really love this product. I suffer from dehydrated skin, and now that I am past my 20's and into my 30's, it's a nice addition to have on under my regular moisturiser as a booster, and under my night cream for extra nourishment. I found it to be not too greasy, it layers on well and comes with a lovely scent. I adore the bottle, and I do think it is a quality product, but if you consider it is mostly just oils that you are buying, I do think it expensive product for what you get and it does not last terribly long. You can easily blend your own organic oils together and get pretty much the same product for a fraction of the price. Therefore I will only buy as a duty free option, or if if discounted.

2 out of 3 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 5 of 5 on 4/18/2013 5:57:00 AM More reviews by thejacks

Age: 44-55 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral Hair: Brown, Wavy, Medium Eyes: Blue

Got a sample of this because after using too much of Ren Bio Retinoid, which is excellent, my aging skin was looking dry. Must say that this blows other oils out of the park. Skin is hydrated, filling out the little creases and making bigger ones look much softer. Makeup stays on well, no irritations or veins, and cannot see any blackheads that usually come with these type oils. Have used other Clarins moisturizers on top when needed and no greasy slicks whatsoever. All of this within the first week and using the Ren every 3 days or so.

rated 5 of 5 on 2/18/2013 8:43:00 AM More reviews by mrsminniver

Age: 44-55 Skin: Acne-prone, Medium, Warm Hair: Black, Straight, Coarse Eyes: Black

Have been using a combination of bha in the morning, aha in the evening and clarins vital light range day and night cream for the past 3 months. Results are outstanding with a face that is smoother, more radiant and firmer. The smoother part comes from my use of bha and aha, and the firmer and radiant attributes which I have been experiencing comes mainly from clarins' vital light range.
However lately, my skin has also been drier on some days than others, I suspect for a number of reasons. It may be trying to adapt to the use of aha or simply just hormones at my age (47 years). It also was not practical to invest in another jar of hydrating cream like clarins' hydraquench, which I have used in the past (another excellent product by the way) because I wanted to continue using their vital light creams. Hence, the solution was to purchase something which I could use alongside what I am already using. This is where this face oil came in.
I am very happy with this product because I can use this on nights when my skin felt drier. The rep told me to use this twice a week at night initially in place of my night cream because it was quite rich. Upon first application, I could tell she was quite right to suggest that because any more, and my skin may break out. The trick is to know your skin type - I have mature skin but not dry, more normal. Also important was the method of application; check out clarins' website on how to apply this oil properly. When I started to gain confidence with the use of this oil, I began putting a drop into my day or night cream on days when it seems to need it. I love this product because once you get more comfortable with the use of this face oil, you can then adapt it to serve its purpose without causing any eruption to the skin.
There are 3 types of face oil in the clarins' range and blue orchid has indeed come through for me. It is not too rich for me, just the right amount of hydration needed without it feeling greasy at all. The scent is indeed very therapeutic and I always look forward to using it at night. Highly recommend it.

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 2 of 5 on 2/11/2013 3:46:00 PM More reviews by Zandra

Age: 25-29 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Warm Hair: Brunette, Curly, Medium Eyes: Brown

I really wanted to love this oil :(

I have very dry/sensitive skin in the winter. I tried this face oil because I've heard great reviews about the product and the sales rep at Shopper's really advocated for it. So I bought it. I followed all the instructions and used 2 drops. Smells lovely. It did give my skin moisture but after 3 days, I broke out hard! So I took a break from it as my skin cleared up and they tried it again (could have been a pre-mentrual breakout) but I broke out into cystic acne! Again once I stopped using the product, my skin cleared up. So disappointing!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/6/2013 2:55:00 PM More reviews by angusmum

Age: 44-55 Skin: Other, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Other, Other, Other Eyes: Blue

I bought this facial product about six months ago after having a sample that lasted about 4-5 applications. I have purchased some products from this company over the lst two years and for the most part have been very pleased with their performance, althougfh they are expensive, some things I consider to be worth spending more on while others cheaper products fit the bill just fine. I was initially a bit leary about putting oil on my face as I have mostly normal some combo skin at times. I was having problems with dry patches on my face seemed worse in certain places(workplace) during winter heating season. My lips and nose were also dry. This waas recommended as a treatment following exfoliation to remove flaky skin and hydrate. It is 30ml, sells for $50 Can and comes in a glass bottle with a dropper so it is easy to control, neat application for an oil product and you can see how much is in the bottle. I beleive there are several varieties for different skin types as well and the ingredients are natural. I love the smell, when I use it its like a spa experience. It cleared up the dry patches after about a week and I use it now 2-3 times pr week and have about 1/3 left. I often use it after cleansing and then apply my niht products a couple of hours later as it absorbs completely, as I said I wasnt crazy about using "oil" but my skin loves it, thre is no mess and it really works, great fragrance to boot, I have been asked what I am wearing as people think its a type of body scent from an organic line. I am glad to have it as a treatment product in my skincare line.

rated 2 of 5 on 12/24/2012 6:53:00 PM More reviews by elisejarnved

I have tried both this oil and the one for combination skin. I do not use oils alone, it dries my skin out, but mixing a few drops with my nighttime moisturiser in the winter is wonderful! Unfortunately this oil broke me out, it gave me whiteheads, no matter how small amount I used :( but my skin likes the one for combination skin. And i love the glass bottle with the dresser, it looks so.. Nice! ;)

rated 5 of 5 on 12/12/2012 6:18:00 PM More reviews by Kerrieyre

Age: 25-29 Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Wavy, Coarse Eyes: Blue

I was a little sceptical about this as its another premium skin care range that potentially wont work for me. SO i slather this product on my skin as i have done with other oils. It sits on my skin and i look like a grease monkey but it felt good for a while. I had to go to this extreme method as nothing offered any sort of sustained hydration to my skin other than vaseline which isnt very nourishing. Id find myself reapplying moisturiser throughout the day as vaseline doesnt look too good during the day. This oil penetrates far deeper than the moisturiser alone, hydrating and nourishing the under layers of skin. I really recommend following the instructions of mixing a few drops of the oil with a few drops of toning lotion, this made a huge difference in its effectiveness for me. It sinks in perfectly, providing hydration to my skin from inside. Just slapping oil on the skin straight up isnt a good idea as it creates a film/barrier for any moisturisers to get in and nourish the skin. The smell is lovely. Its soothing and aromatic and i love smelling my hands after i've pressed it onto my skin!
So Clarins face oil might just be my answer to perfect skin care combined with the toning lotion with camomile and hydraquench rich cream my skin seems to be coming right. I had come to the conclusion that my skin does not produce ANY of its own oils its THAT dry! This is especially in the winter. Price.... u cannot put a price on your health, it think the same is for skin care. if it does exactly what u want... u'd pay anything! U have that skin for the rest of your life, look after it as best u can!

UPDATE: Been using this every morning and evening now for about 2 months and WOW!!! It has kept the winter away from my skin! No redness and no dry itchy sensitivity. My skin tone has been nothing less than perfect and after cleansing and applying the oil with the toner my skin IS perfect! This is my HG skin product!

5 out of 5 people found this review helpful. Did you? Yes No

rated 3 of 5 on 12/11/2012 10:16:00 PM More reviews by hydra101

Age: 36-43 Skin: Dry, Fair-Medium, Not Sure Hair: Blond, Other, Other Eyes: Hazel

I've been using this for almost two months at night. I like it but I'm not crazy about it. I like the smell and the feel. I still use a toner beforehand and put moisturizer on top or sometimes just use it alone. I've gotten use to it as part of my routine in the evening so I probably will buy this again.