September 2, 2014 | 1881 users online

Polishes - OPI - Chicago Champagne Toast

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/17/2009 12:31:00 PM More reviews by lgooding

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Dark, Warm Hair: Black, Kinky, Medium Eyes: Brown

I love this color!!! I want a lipgloss in this exact shade!! If anyone reads this review and you know of a lipgloss in this color...please email me!! Thanks!!

rated 4 of 5 top reviewer on 6/20/2009 6:00:00 PM More reviews by bleuday

Age: 44-55 Skin: Combination, Fair, Cool Hair: Blond, Straight, Fine Eyes: Blue

I'm a bit confused by those reviewers who have referred to this a 'peachy' or as an office neutral?!?!?!

Huh? Is this the same polish I am wearing today? A quick google of the color in Google images shows two different types of colors. One is dark and chocolate (the photo I've uploaded), and one is light and frosty, a bit peachy and "office appropriate."

Hummmmmm. Anyway, this review is for the first, the dark bronze color with hints of plum and purple and chocolate, a color which wears on me much darker than the picture above.

I know why some think that it has deadness to it -- if you're not the right skin color, this can easily go to an almost Morticia Adams or Goth look.

This color isn't exactly fun or playful, like many purple tinged shades. The taupe and bronze give that Morticia Adams element an elegance if dressed correctly.

This shade looks amazing paired with dusty roses and lavenders, especially if you're pairing pastels with chocolate brown based neutrals or blacks. Very polished.

I probably won't purchase again, not because I regret it, but this isn't a staple color. This bottle will last me a couple of years, and I will enjoy the drama when I wear it.

Makes for a killer pedicure, also.

But drama comes and goes, and no doubt I'll find another statement color before this one is half-empty.

Don't regret the purchase.

Very pretty.

rated 3 of 5 top reviewer on 1/30/2009 7:31:00 PM More reviews by StarsnRocketsES

Age: 25-29 Skin: Combination, Medium Brown, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Fine Eyes: Brown

I ordered this product online thinking it was a light peachy color, but it's a mid tone coral looking color. It is pretty, but not what I was looking for.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 11/7/2008 3:55:00 PM More reviews by Nikkilici0us

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Other, Not Sure Hair: Brown, Other, Medium Eyes: Green

I dont think this is a "dead" shade at all... It's actually a very pretty mauvey pink tone with lots of pearl once applied on the nails. In the bottle its a bit champagne-y, like the name suggests. I'm in an esthetician class at the current moment and when we do pedicures, all the girls choose this!:) Very pretty

rated 3 of 5 on 9/25/2008 2:56:00 PM More reviews by BabyBabyBabyCake

Age: 19-24 Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Blond, Wavy, Fine Eyes: Brown

I bought this expecting something a bit more bronze-y/taupe-y, instead upon application it turned into a dead lilac shade. Sort of looks like corpse lips with a nice hint of shimmer.

Not my favorite.

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/9/2008 12:36:00 AM More reviews by rawrmonkey

Age: 19-24 Skin: Normal, Fair-Medium, Cool Hair: Brunette, Other, Medium Eyes: Hazel

I was a bit suprised that it looks a bit rosier on the nail then it does in the bottle, but it's still pretty! It's a nice taupe with a hint of rose that is a perfect neutral. I actually wore it to an interview the other day...I hope it was good luck! I dont think it's a shimmer, it's more of a muted metallic. I'm a cool toned LLL and it worked for me. Read on for some pictures :)

continued >>

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 7/4/2008 9:05:00 PM More reviews by MDgirl

Age: 36-43 Skin: Combination, Olive, Not Sure Hair: Black, Other, Other Eyes: Black

OPI Chicago Champagne Toast is a nice neutral mauve color w/ a hint of pink undertone. Suffice it to say that it is a wonderful *soft* shade that would work great in a conservative office environment. Even though I love dramatic nail colors, I still like to have soft shades on my tips in the winter time when I wear a lot of pastel cashmere sweaters. Even though I love the color, I am wondering if I can find something similar in a cheaper price range!!

rated 5 of 5 top reviewer on 3/10/2008 9:52:00 AM More reviews by CharismaSL

This nail colour is complicated for me to describe but for the most parts it's similar to Shimmersweetie's review below. I get lots of compliments whenever I wear this shade. Pefect for any occasion and for office!

rated 5 of 5 on 3/2/2008 12:11:00 PM More reviews by nicolellc

i like the metllic mauve color, it went on easy-peasy as it has a fat brush. lasted well through a week of school only small chips on the tips. i could have lived with wearing it another week.
EDIT: i actually love this color now. its my easy-peasy go to color now. almost out! need another bottle ASAP!

rated 5 of 5 on 1/27/2008 4:58:00 AM More reviews by Kazz100

I love this colour in fact it's one of my favs. On me it's a mauvish chocolate colour, it's neither too flashy nor boring just tasteful and elegant. FYI i'm a NC25 and wear browns well, I also love Chocolate Shake-spare. Quality as always is great, goes on well and last the distance.

Picture: