Burt's Bees Wild Lettuce Complexion Soap [DISCONTINUED]

3.6

Not tested on animals
Burt's Bees is a Cruelty-Free Subsidiary.

on 3/1/2004 7:23:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Cool

An average facial soap, however,
I couldn't get over the rotting lettuce scent.

Got this in a sample set. It is strange, but, works. I don't love it though, and would not repurchase.

on 1/14/2004 9:59:00 PM

This soap is MUCH better than the Garden Tomato one. This one I use at night because it's mild and doesn't dry my skin out. I use the tomatoe one in the A.M. because it slams my pores shut, but it dries me out so bad that I have to use the lettuce one to balance me back out. I like this one, but it doesn't seem to do anything special for me other than soothe my skin. It's good for a second cleansing in one day, though.

on 8/30/2003 4:15:00 PM

Skin: Combination, Fair-Medium, Cool

I'm not sure if this product actually does anything for me, but I like to use it as a prep before I use my cleanser. So far, I really like using this stuff, amd I just hope I'm getting the benefit out of using this stuff. It does lather very well, and cleanses the skin nicely.

on 8/24/2003 5:25:00 PM

This is a refreshing face soap with a natural, garden-type scent to it. I cannot tell if it did anything great for my skin, because I started breaking out like crazy...but I think that was from Burt's overly greasy facial moisturizers. Using soap on the face isn't for everybody, and it is definitely more drying than my usual Cetaphil, but it was a nice, natural product with a refreshing smell and feel.

on 7/20/2003 6:32:00 PM

Skin: Sensitive, Fair, Neutral

Hair: Brown, Wavy, Other

I got this in a sample set. It smells like GRASS. I am allergic to grass and find it utterly repulsive. There is no way in hell I'd let this anywhere near my face.

on 5/23/2003 10:05:00 AM

Skin: Oily, Other, Not Sure

those who shy from this because of the smell should take a second shot... this stuff is amazing. I have acne, oily skin and this stuff gave me a squeaky clean like nothing else .. it also contains aloe vera and comfrey, so it didn't dry out my face at all but still left it clean... mother nature does know best !!!

on 5/15/2003 7:40:00 AM

This is my everyday facial soap, and a HG of the best kind (it works, is easy to find, *and* is cheap!) I'm not overly partial to bar soaps, but for this I make an exception. It cleans my face without leaving me feeling dry, smells nice and herbal-y, and seems to have helped clear my complection. I love using natural products on my skin, and my skin loves me back for it. I highly recommend this soap!

Skin: Normal, Medium, Warm

This soap is wonderful! Keep in mind, this is coming from someone who detests bar soaps. . . especially for the face! I love the way this soap leaves my skin after using it... My face feels cooled, refreshed and soft. I love the results I get from it, and would definitely repurchase. The smell is herbal - It's not my favorite scent in the world, but it is 100% natural and there is no lingering fragrance after rinsing. :) continued >>

on 5/8/2003 3:57:00 AM

This came in a little kit that I received as a gift.I like it.It gets skin clean.It does smell like lettuce,so if you dont care for lettuce then this is not for you.But overall its a pretty good item.The bar form is not so grand,but if you use Dove beauty bars,then you are used to the bar route.Works great along with the tomato toner.